Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5th Gen Ubers

2 posters

Go down

5th Gen Ubers Empty 5th Gen Ubers

Post by Kale12321 Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:26 am

This team is for 5th gen Ubers.
Forretress (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- payback
Didn't want to use it, but l have seen it in action and have liked the results. At least one layer of each or two of the same layer. Still falls to the evil Darkri, but once lm asleep l will just send out Mewtwo. I'm not sure if l want bulk on this or not. it will either be a forry sucide lead (which it now) or a durability lead, which lm leaning more toward to come in later and spin.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Flamethrower
I love this set! It works like a charm. Most people will see the CM and go physically, but stopped cold. the only way is ti kill it after it has set up is a random crit on Focus Blast. I don't think a max attack EQ from Groudon with 252attack and a life orb can OHKO.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 64 Def / 196 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Claw
Best Spin Blocker in Ubers. OHKO Forry with HP(fire) Sturdy is annoying though. Other than that it is just an amazing pokemon. I love Gira. It can Weaken Mewtwo horribly and can revenge Darkri after it has but Arceus asleep with Shadow Sneak. It generally uses Nasty Plot and has roughly 5% HP left.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd -Def)
- Flamethrower
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Outrage
Best. ScarfOgre. Counter. Ever. Thunder does 63%-75% on a 0/0 Kyogre damage for a 2HKO and can Parahax. with a X4 resistance to Water Spout, it is a counter to most choiced Kyogres. I moved Surf to flamethrower as surf is weakened by Drought and Flamethrower gets a +1.5 bonus. Not much can resist outrage, even with no Atk evs.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psycho Break
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
this is mainly for power and coverage and a choice to switch. It is faster than Darkri, adn OHKO's with Aura Sphere 100% of the time. For the Sp.Def Bulky pokemon (namely Chansey and Blissey) with Psycho Break.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 132 HP / 200 Atk / 176 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
I lost my wall, but l made a friend lol. This set is pretty amazing. Stealth Rocks and Twave. Why a gigantic Earth Lord gets electric attack are beyond me, but whoever did was being nice. TWave is for crippling especially ScarfOger on the switch. SR is SR, EQ and Stone Edge hits Ho-Oh hard and can OHKO Kyogre

Fears:

Last edited by Kale12321 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:31 am; edited 6 times in total
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

5th Gen Ubers Empty Re: 5th Gen Ubers

Post by Calze6 Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Your threat list is totally off. This team has the 2 fundamental flaws of every ubers team.

They are:

No dragon resist - this means that you'll almost always have to sacrifice one pokemon in order to take a draco meteor or outrage.

No Kyogre counter - Without a cyogre counter, specs ogre 2HKOs your
entire team.

For that reason. you MUST add a steel type such as jirachi or scizor or forretress etc. (NOT dialga) and add a palkia (maybe mixed?) or latias (if your are playing dream world).

Therefore, you need to remove 2 pokemon (lugia and giratinas-o imo) for them.

Run a fdocus sash on deoxys as it will get OHKOed by many common leads and a sash stops that.

Arceus needs shadow claw over dragon claw as extremespeed OHKOs things such as palkia after a swords dance and shadow claw can take down faster ghost types as well as lugia.

Because you already have a revenge killer in the form of kyogre, you can remove the scarf off mewtwo and change it to the LO set with CM, psycho break, Ice beam and aura sphere.

Now, people, this is how to rate a team!
Calze6
Calze6

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:31 pm

OK. I will test it soon, but l need Gira-o for spin blocking and it kills Forry. l think l will remove Kyogre for Scarf Palkia because it ruins HP(fire) for Forry which is why its there and l can use it for revenging and Kyogre counter. Leftovers are essential for this kind of Deoxis it works wonders on Physical leads. It laughs at all but T-Tar and Forry. I can even take Garchomp's outrage with less than 50% with reflect up, even with 252 attack. The only reason Arceus has DClaw is because it hits Gira harder than Shadow Claw and complements EQ and lm faster than Giratina so it doesn't really matter. The only thing that l see shadow claw killing is a Ghost Arceus, but l will test them both. I will change Mewtwo. Scarf is out speeding....... other scarfs that's it and has actually become a hinderence so, yeah, LO here l come. Thanks for the Rate and l will edit the team in a few minutes hopefully. I really like my lugia..... do you have another option to replace?
Note: Thinking of going with Steel Arceus with
Judgement
Ice Beam
Recover
CM
it will cover Dragons and help with sweeping, but lm not sure what to do the Ev's or nature. l have seen these things and they are tough and cannot be toxiced =D so poisonisn't really a problem
Kale12321
Kale12321

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:26 pm

A spinblocker isn't really needed with only one spiker who is generally only going to set up stealth rocks only anyway. Kyogre is replaceable in which then groudon can also be added since mewtwo then can have fire blast to take down steels and HP fire's power will be boosted. Leftovers is definately a no-no. Seriously. Deoxys-s will almost certainly be 2HKOed so definitely run a sash with 252HP/252Spd/4Def as it saves you from OHKOes with leads like kyogre while saves you from 2HKOes from weaker things such as mamoswine. putting lefties won't save you from OHKOes and only saves the @HKOes that you already save. Shadow claw is way better not only because of ghost arceus, but also of lugia and all the other bulkier psychics. Steel arceus is good although you have to replace your current arceus (which is totally up to you).
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:22 pm

http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?2361-Suspect-Discussion-Deoxys-S
Go here and tell me that Deo is week and needs a sash. Look at Bad Romance's logs. I do see what u mean especially with ScarfOger, but this has worked wonderfully and l can go Palkia instead. I also still need Darkri counter D=. It is a horrible lead as stated above and as long as I can find Ev's that work l will replace with Steel Arceus. The only benefit l see from replacing Shadow Claw is a hit on Arceus. Shadow claw does exactly the same amount of damage as ES with the Silk Scarf, but lm changing anyway so it doesn't matter.
Steel Arceus @ Leftovers
Timid(+Spd -Atk) Bold(+Defense - Atk)
-Judgement
-Calm mind
-Ice beam/Thunder
-Recover
not quite sure on Evs........ Maybe max Sp.Atk, Speed and timid or Max Defense adn Sp.Atk and Bold?
Kale12321
Kale12321

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:02 pm

But this is for UBERS. Ubers are much more powerful. Deoxys gets OHKOed by things like kyogre's surf or rayquaza's draco meteor or just leads that have powerful moves. The sash can make you get an extra layer against the pokes with even higher special attack. You never had a darkrai counter. You only had checks. Darkrai counters are restalkers and primeape. Most teams don't have one or need one. Scarf palkia is good enough as check. Just go 252Hp/252SDef on kyogre. With a life orb, (which is the better item) it will most notably help you take down lugia as well as bulkier psychics on arceus. Besides, ghost arceus is a huge threat.

Outrage over aura sphere on palkia as there will be pretty much nothing that can be covered via aura sphere that can't be covered by other moves and it still only 2HKOs dialga. Outrage will maim blissey as well as provide a 100%accurate move and can also take down the lati twins if in DW)

I've been playing ubers for ages, and quite frankly, your team can't even compare with mine. Don't disrespect or ignore my advice.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:17 pm

I am not disrespecting your advice. The main thing that l use Aura Sphere on is Natorri. I will switch to Outrage as l see more use for it. I think l will keep leftovers on Deo as it has worked so far adn until it doesn't work l don't feel like it need changing, but l will probably test it soon. Thanks for the Evs on Arceus! I am bad at those sometimes. Believe me l, l do not doubt ur UBERness and ur teams. I have played against them once with my best team (so far this one) and l think l Koed one pokemon? Maybe two? You are an excellent battler and l can't wait to see the day that l can at least KO 3 or 4 of your pokemon =D after l make adjustments l hope to battle you again.
Kale12321
Kale12321

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:44 pm

But palkia won't get to switch into nattorei. Nattorei only switches into a palkia and palkia is a revenge killer. Try Sash Deo. It will really help against lead kyogres etc. Also, run 252 Speed as it needs to outrun other Deo-s. Consider replacing reflect, which seems out of place for either Superpower, which can deal damage to certain things or extremespeed which beats deo-a or taunt (but magic coat is probs better). Put in a bulky steel type ASAP as it really helps take these dragon hits (I recommend jirachi over lugia) as steelarceus requires to remove arceus normal. Speaking of arceus, definitely put Life orb over silk scarf as it really helps with KOs.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:03 am

I changed my team a lot and will update respectively tonight l switched 3 pokemon out and Arceus is now steel to give the needed Dragon resistance. Arceus can come in on many dragon attacks and survive quite well.
Not sure on it 2nd move though...... Flamethrower looks best and has worked so far, but lm not sure which move will work better with sun up flamethrower gets a 1.5 boost.
Kale12321
Kale12321

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:18 pm

Payback over gyro ball on forry as it lets you 2HKO deoxys-s as well as other psychics and giratina-o is 3HKOed. On steel arceus, replace flamethrower with ice beam as it is important to be able to damage dragons and groudon more and other steels that resist both types can't do much to arceus anyway. Run outrage over dragojn claw on giratina-o to be able to 2HKO bliss and ho-oh. Also run SE over dragon claw on groudon to OHKO Ho-oh as otherwise, it could sweep your team.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 am

I think, for now, l will keep flamethrower. As the super effective hits on Groudon and Dragons are nice, people are switching Natorei on Arceus early on the leech seed. If l have Flamethrower it falls quickly. I'm not sure how much Ice Beam does to it, so l will have to test both options. Other than that l made the changes. Thanks Cal
Kale12321
Kale12321

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:02 am

Give mewtwo fire blast over aura sphere as it takes downs steels while still doing the same damage to dialga and darkrai in the sun. Palkia also needs fire blast for important KOs over flamethrower. Also, 4 attack EVs over 4 HP lol. Groudon just needs a 252HP/252SDEF/4HP EV spread.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down