Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FullStall - A Standard Ubers 5th Gen Team

+2
Hyperbeem
Calze6
6 posters

Go down

FullStall - A Standard Ubers 5th Gen Team Empty FullStall - A Standard Ubers 5th Gen Team

Post by Calze6 Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:44 pm

This is my current full stall 5th gen team. Nearly all modern stall teams incorporate a forretress so I decided to build a team without one.-0 It has done okay on the PO ladder so far.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

This is my lead to set up stealth rocks and to bring in the sun which helps against kyogre. Earthquake features as a nice and powerful stab to deal good damage to many things while fire punch is great as a lead as it prevents pesky forry leads from getting 2 layers. Dragon tail allows groudon to phaze some sweepers and it does not get affected by taunt while dealing adequate damage to dragons. I am considering stone edge to deal with ho-oh as it can be very troublesome. However, I find that fire punch is needed to take down forretress which is even more troublesome as a lead.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Judgment
- Recover
- Flamethrower
- Roar

This is my spinblocker. With an awesome movepool, it can easily block a rapid spin and counter forry with flamethrower. Judgement makes an extremely powerful STAB move to take down physically defensive pokemon like groudon. Roar is a great phazing move that helps to deal with set up sweepers which can be a real problem to my team. Recover also allows for great survivability and a direct recovering move and it can attack while have great staying power.

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

I'm trying to build a stall team without forretress so I am using tentacruel and skarmory instead. One of tentacruel's primary advantages are that it can absorb toxic spikes and that it can take a better hit from some more powerful special sweepers. It can set up 2 layers of toxic spikes with ease. Ice beam can take down rayquaza and garchomp while knock off can just fill in as a crippling move to remove a foe's item when the job is done. The lack of ability to set up any other entry hazards really harm tenta's usage after the two spikes means that it cannot do as much as forretress but its greater special bulky, t spikes absorbability and a resistance to water and fire really helps.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

There is no stall team without blissey. With its immense special bulk, it can take special hit bar specs kyogre's water spout and specs reshiram's blue flame. The heal bell is also very useful as it can stop my team from dying of poison, from reshiram burned and from darkrai ruining my team. With wish's new effect, I just can't not have wish and protect provides self recovery. I chose toxic over seismic toss because it can take down levitators and flying types (lugia cough cough). Btw, do not mention chansey as an alternative. I know it is bulkier but it dies way easier to toxic spikes cuz there is no lefties.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Skarmory is my best way of dealing with these hard physical sweepers. It is arguably the best counter to SD arceus, it can phaze and set up spikes. While it is not as great a phazer as lugia, the ability to beat SD arceus is very valued. Roost allows skarm to be very sturdy by recovering HP so it can continue to set up spikes and phaze. I chose toxic in the last slot as it can cripple a levitator or flying type and I can just wear it down. I am also considering taunt and brave bird, which would be able to deal damage to arceus.

Zekuromu @ Choice Scarf
Trait: TeraVoltage
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Lightning Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Claw

No matter what I do, kyogre is going to be the bane of this team. Because I have had problems with mono attacking CM kyogre, I am using reshiram to check it. It can not risk switching in to an unknown kyogre, but at least it can't sweep my team. It is also my revenge killer and cleaner to many sweepers and wallbreakers such as rayquaza, some arceus, some reshiram some mewtwo and some palkia. Unreliable, but it is the best way to deal with the faster threats as well as kyogre.

Some Threats

Kyogre - Zekrom is frail and against specs ogre, I have no safe switch in. If I choose to use palkia instead of zekrom, Mono attacking CM becomes a large threat.

Reshiram - Reshiram can also wallbreak my team as I struggle to have a reliable switch in and I have to rely on zekrom revenging it or phazing it with arceus and it can nitro charge.

Groudon - I struggle to KO groudon. Arceus is the best way. If it is paired with kyogre, I have trouble.
Calze6
Calze6

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

FullStall - A Standard Ubers 5th Gen Team Empty Re: FullStall - A Standard Ubers 5th Gen Team

Post by Hyperbeem Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:02 am

I have one suggestion, you stall team looks well put together but you were correct in discovering your weakness to Groudon, I suggest a CM Kyogre, almost like the CroCune of Ubers and it should be able to take most attacks with ease from Reshiram and Groudon, while Thunder will dispatch of other Kyogre quickly.
Kyogre @ Leftovers
252HP 4SpA 252Def
Modest
Calm Mind
Rest
Surf
Ice Beam/Sleep Talk

Ice Beam can take out opposing Zekroms but I doubt they will be a problem with your Groudon. The main reason is so Quagsire doesn't completely wall you, I know it may seem like a strange pokemon, but it is the only full Kyogre counter. You can also

This should allow you to keep Fire Punch on Groudon because it covers Ho-Oh quite well.
Good luck battling!
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Friend Code : Shoddy only *sigh*

Back to top Go down

FullStall - A Standard Ubers 5th Gen Team Empty Re: FullStall - A Standard Ubers 5th Gen Team

Post by Calze6 Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:14 am

How would kyogre help me? Groudon is arguably a lesser problem and if I replaced zekrom, I'd have even a bigger kyogre weakness. Quagsire is as rare as hell and kyogre would still die to it thanks to encore. Even if I did run kyogre, I would run a tank set with roar. Adding kyogre would also hinder my revenge killing ability a lot (especially against mewtwo)
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse13 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:26 am

thats a nice team. you have many different types, and you have a Blissey which will heal your pokemon.
Eclipse13
Eclipse13

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:11 am

Don't just say a good team. That's useless try and put some effort into your posts and try and help the team be better.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood_Moon69 Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:15 am

Now i don't run in the 5th gen circles yet so sorry if this rate is a little off:

first of all, bissy looks nice but bold bliss with max HP is bulkier and still effective at what you're trying to get at there.

Also you have too much toxic on your team. Sure it's fine to have one to deal with flying pokes, but no need for two as long as you have toxic spikes up. Speaking of which, if i were you i would run some SP ev's on tenta to make use of his decent speed. It also helps with setting up toxic spikes

I see a few other flaws here and there but ones i'm not too certain are actually flaws, because as i said i'm not too familar with the 5th gen which is also why i just pointed out three or four flaws, but didn't give you any pokes to replace them. Sorry
Blood_Moon69
Blood_Moon69

Friend Code : 1205-1873-0044

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Calm Bliss is way better in ubers as it is really important to survive the powerful special attacks there like kogre's water sput and palkia's DM. I might remove a couple of toxics though.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbrielle Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:57 pm

I don't play gen V ubers, but do you really need Heal Bell? I would be loathe to play a Blissey (or anything) with no attacks.
Umbrielle
Umbrielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Trust me. I get so much status that it isn't funny. Annoying burns, paras and darkrai's sleep just kill me.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:43 pm

I don't know exactly who to replace, but you could try a Dtail Lugia. My only guess would be to replace Tentacruel, but if you would lose spining. I don't think TSpikes is too important as the switches you will cause poison wont have too much time to rack up, but thats just me.
Lugia@ Lefties
252 HP/64 Defense/192 Speed
Timid
Roost
Dragon Tail
Reflect/Light Screen
Aeroblast/Thunder

This will cause more switching with dragon tail while it can support the team with a screen of choice and can kill Kyogre with Thunder or attempt to faze it with DTail and have you tried the new item Red Card? It forces a switch if you are hit by a (physical?) move. lm not sure it is any move or just a DA move. If it is any move this can faze CM Kyogre at the cost of a pokemon if it hasnt been used yet. I might also suggest a Recycler with a Red card since it is a once use only item, there are actually many recycle users: Blissey, Deoxys, and Cresselia are the main stallers

Blissey: not the best choice as it loses leftovers, which is really needed and it can't take the physical hits too well if it is DA only.
Deoxys: Deoxys D would be an interesting choice for a Red Recycler as its big Defenses are pretty high, one of the bad things is that you lose Leftovers and it HP is really low.
Cresselia: Main let down is no good recovery besides Moonlight, and that is disrupted by Kyogre's Drizzle, but is enhanced by your Groudon's Drought. Also gives you a ground immunity. Maybe something like this:
Cresselia@ Redcard
Trait: Levitate
252 HP/252 Defense/4 speed
Bold
Recycle
Ice Beam
Moonlight/rest
Reflect
The idea is a Physical wall, while continues phazing. I think out of the list of walling recycle users, Cress seems like it would works the best
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:51 pm

What? Toxic sikes ios the epicentre of my stall team. It is toxic spikes that wears down my opponent's blissey and replacing tenta would mean that I have nearly no chance of winning. I do know about great wall lugia but like you said, there is no room for it as I'm not using forretress. Also, why would I need a recycle red carder? I've got a ton of phazers already so why on earth would I need one?
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down