Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uber, Shoddy

5 posters

Go down

Uber, Shoddy Empty Uber, Shoddy

Post by Hyperbeem Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:28 am

With this team I wanted to tear everything in sight apart. This team uses entry hazards to effectively sweep even defensive teams. Anway, I wanted to have a Scizor as my main sweeper, so I started with standard SD Scizor.
Uber, Shoddy 212
Specs Palkia can destroy Kyogre so I included that for its synergy with Scizor.
Uber, Shoddy 489Uber, Shoddy 212
Palkia always works better with rain so Kyogre was the obvious choice of partner. CMOgre is great at defeating Scizors, Groudons, Rayquazas, you name it. It's bulky and powerful; beast.
Uber, Shoddy 382Uber, Shoddy 489Uber, Shoddy 212
I needed a revenger so Scarfchomp was my choice. I always liked Garchomp in OU and even now it's one of the best choices for revenge killing.
Uber, Shoddy 450Uber, Shoddy 382Uber, Shoddy 489Uber, Shoddy 212
Blissey could become annoying once Scizor is down so Mixed Giratina-O remedies that problem. Also, it's a useful RP Groudon counter. It also blocks Forretress.
Uber, Shoddy 450Uber, Shoddy 382Uber, Shoddy 489Uber, Shoddy 212Uber, Shoddy 504
This lead is useful on offensive teams, entry hazards really help my team.
Uber, Shoddy 387Uber, Shoddy 450Uber, Shoddy 382Uber, Shoddy 489Uber, Shoddy 212Uber, Shoddy 504

In Depth

Uber, Shoddy Deoxys-fr
Deoxys-f @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 Atk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Extremespeed
- Mirror Coat
This is basically a standard Deoxsys-A lead. It bounces back special attacks for OHKOs, and sets up as much as it can. Then I Extremespeed until I die. This comes in handy against most leads, and hazards are alwlways useful.

Common Leads
Uber, Shoddy 382-Mirror Coat so it dies.

Uber, Shoddy 383-Set up hazards, then go to Kyogre.

Uber, Shoddy 488-See Kyogre.

Uber, Shoddy 388-Set up hazards and then go to Palkia.

All Other Deoxsys forms -Extremespeed until they die. Then finish with BP or hazards if Deoxsys is alive.

Uber, Shoddy 496-Use Extremespeed. Whatever it does, once Deoxsys dies/goes to sleep I set up with Scizor.

Uber, Shoddy 505-I Mirror Coat its attack for an OHKO. If I flinch I use Extremespeed then go to Scizor.

Uber, Shoddy Scizor
Scizor (M) @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

This is the primary sweeper of my team. Once Kyogre and phazers are out of the way, +4 Scizor annihilates everything else. With some prediction I can actually take out Kyogre with a Bug Bite on the switch. Metal Coat>LO because it fakes CB until I use Swords Dance. Max Attack Bug Bite defeats even Lugia. This OU Pokemon is far superior to many Ubers.

Uber, Shoddy Garchomp
Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

There really isn't much to say. This is the standard revenging Garchomp. I'm considering Fire Punch over Stone Edge. Well, it does its job well.

Uber, Shoddy Kyogre
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spd
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Rest
- Ice Beam

I just keep using Calm Mind and rest off damage when I need to. After 2 Calm Minds most ubers pokemon are KOd. Surf and Ice Beam are for basic coverage, and other Kyogre are easily dealt with by Palkia. I was considering ChestoRest but this set is better against Blissey and has more longevity.

Uber, Shoddy Giratina_origin
Giratina-0 @ Griesious Orb
EVs: 248 Atk/196 Spd/64 SpA
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Sneak

This thing keep my precious entry hazards in place completely eliminating Forretress and blocking Rapid Spin. Even in Mid-Late game Giratina-o is a useful pokemon to have as a mixed sweeper, despite its lack of item. I also use it to absorb Trick.

Uber, Shoddy Palkia
Palkia @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Draco Meteor
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Surf

Rayquaza has used Extremespeed every single time I have faced it. Everyone expects scarf, and then they are surprised when their Kyogre gets electrified by Thunder. Draco Meteor blows a hole in every pokemon that isn't steel. Wobufett gets owned most of the time by Spacial Rends. With Rain support, Surf is also quite devastating. This powerhouse can destroy Giratina with Draco Meteor.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Friend Code : Shoddy only *sigh*

Back to top Go down

Uber, Shoddy Empty Re: Uber, Shoddy

Post by PokeCenter Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:40 am

Very well made and a very informative topic!
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Friend Code : Diamond: 1763-7519-2717

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:57 am

Please constructively rate this team.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:47 pm

I have every Legend in the game, but I don't really use Ubers anymore because I feel it doesn't take much skill to use. When I was younger it was all about Ubers, but that's a nice team and I rate it a 8. I think Ice and Electric moves would mess that team up a bit.
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:23 pm

Actually I use this team on Shoddy Battle. Kyogre and Scizor can take Ice while Garchomp absorbs electric.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Do you have any of the 4th generation games on Ds?
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Yes I do, but very unfortunately I cannot use WiFi anymore, so I am forced to use shoddy battle.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:05 pm

looks good but too bad if you have lets say a dragonite with blizzard, flamethrower, and dragon pulse could tear that team if it gets enough shots in... also im sure it can learn a grass attack not too sure, but that could take out kyogre.
Markus
Markus

Friend Code : 3523-8852-5508

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Dragoniye is OHKOd by Garchomp. Kyogre can easily take special grass attacks from Dragonite. Dragonite doesn't exactly have the special attack to perform well in ubers and Dragonite is unseen in ubers as it is outclassed by both Salamence and Rayquaza. Dragonite's only grass move, HP grass does less than a quarter of my Kyogres health at max. Please do not post nonexistent threats before researching. Thank you xD

Last edited by Hyperbeem on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaForte Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Markus wrote:looks good but too bad if you have lets say a dragonite with blizzard, flamethrower, and dragon pulse could tear that team if it gets enough shots in... also im sure it can learn a grass attack not too sure, but that could take out kyogre.
No, just no. Like Hyperbeem said, Dragonite is outclassed. It's bulk isn't sufficient enough for ubers, so that won't help either.
Hyperbeem: Dragonite does learn Blizzard.

This team looks great. What got me surprised was the Deoxys lead with Mirror Coat. One little problem though with that is you need taunt or Kyogre will T-wave you and easily bring some one else to counter Deoxys. Also so you can prevent opposing leads to set-up on you. Other than that, I don't see much threats other than SD Arceus.
OmegaForte
OmegaForte

Friend Code : XXXX-XXXX-X945 (Almost like SSN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Yeah SD Arceus totally screws my team, but this was meant for when Arceus was banned on Smogon.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:02 am

Hyperbeem wrote:Dragoniye is OHKOd by Garchomp. Kyogre can easily take special grass attacks from Dragonite. Dragonite doesn't exactly have the special attack to perform well in ubers and Dragonite is unseen in ubers as it is outclassed by both Salamence and Rayquaza. Dragonite's only grass move, HP grass does less than a quarter of my Kyogres health at max. Please do not post nonexistent threats before researching. Thank you xD

Then you havn't ever seen mine.
Markus
Markus

Friend Code : 3523-8852-5508

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Even if your Dragonite has perfect IVs, it will lose one on one to Kyogre, Garchomp, and Scizor after +4.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaForte Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:03 am

Markus wrote:
Hyperbeem wrote:Dragoniye is OHKOd by Garchomp. Kyogre can easily take special grass attacks from Dragonite. Dragonite doesn't exactly have the special attack to perform well in ubers and Dragonite is unseen in ubers as it is outclassed by both Salamence and Rayquaza. Dragonite's only grass move, HP grass does less than a quarter of my Kyogres health at max. Please do not post nonexistent threats before researching. Thank you xD

Then you havn't ever seen mine.
Markus has explain enough. What? Do I sense hacks?

That or you seriously need to go on Shoddy.
OmegaForte
OmegaForte

Friend Code : XXXX-XXXX-X945 (Almost like SSN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:50 am

Your deo-a lead is outdated and fails to beat the standard leads. Try:

Deo@Focus Sash
Naive
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Signal Beam
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Grass Knot / Ice Beam

It counters heaps more modern leads.

Run hydro pump on palkia as it is needed for the specs set to 2HKO blissey.

Your kyogre needs a chesto berry over lefties as you are not gonna survive 2 turns and the chesto can set up a sweep.

I suggest you use a bulkier uber scizor as the SD set isn't really good in Ubers (kyogre and palkia destroys it) and try a bulky trapper as your team has quite a dragon weakness).

Your team also struggles to wallbreak and since it doesn't care too much if it gets spun, try using sub CM giratina-o as an effective stallbreaker.
Calze6
Calze6

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:42 pm

@Palkia, dude, I need to hit stuff, also, I'm not staying in on Blissey.
Deoxys-A is better than Deoxys-S at SPIKES SUPPORT for one reason, mirror coat.
Also, that's why I made Kyogre defensive, it can take attacks like a champ, and pwn with 6 CMs. I have used Sub CM with great dissapointment because of its lack of item and weak power after a CM (in ubers). If you noticed, this team is heavy offence, and also, you don't really need to wallbreak in Ubers as much because Lugia is a mixed wall and Blissey dies to CM/Scizor. I can't really change Scizor because that is what got me to #3 on the Smogon Uber ladder.
Thanks for rating!
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:07 am

Wrong. Mirror coat sucks as you can just OHKO the leads anyway. In case you haven't realised, I've gotten to no. 1 on the uber ladder. So there. SD scizor is instantly stopped by kyogre, palkia or any steel type. It fails. Trust me about sub CM. It is your best chance to wallbreak. In case you didn't realise, offense does not work when it can't break the common bliss gia forry combo aka classic stall. Besides, getting on the shoddy ladder is no longer a great feat anymore.
Calze6
Calze6

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down