Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A NUw Team [NU RMT]

+4
kash
Coolchill214
Kale12321
TheSquirtleDude
8 posters

Go down

A NUw Team [NU RMT] Empty A NUw Team [NU RMT]

Post by TheSquirtleDude Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:19 pm

This is My First NU team and my First Attempt at playing it, all suggestions will be considered

A NUw Team [NU RMT] 354
Banette@ Choice Scarf
Jolly
Ability: Frisk
Evs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed

Trick
Shadow Claw
Wil-O-Wisp
Taunt

My Lead, first of all Frisk activates telling you what the opponents Item is, so you know if you can safely Trick a Choice Scarf, without getting a Choice Band/Specs/Scarf in return, unfortunatly this means I'll probably be getting Sleeped by a Buterfree or Venemoth, I have something for that further on in my team. I Will-O-Wisp when they swich to see if I can destroy a Phsyical Sweeper they send in. Shadow Claw is there for STAB and is a good move to use on a Banette. Taunt lets me cripple any support Pokemon later on in the game

A NUw Team [NU RMT] 166
Ledian@ Light Clay
Bold
Ability: Early Bird
Evs: 252 HP, 200 Def, 52 SpA

Reflect
Light Screen
Toxic
Bug Buzz

Ledian here can come in at any time in the game to Set up Reflect and Light Screen for the rest of my team, with the Light Clay Item the turns the Screens are up last for longer. Toxic is there to Status a Pokemon to help support the rest of my team. Bug Buzz is there because I don't like not having an attacking move on a pokemon incase a Taunter comes along

A NUw Team [NU RMT] 131
Lapras@ Leftovers
Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
Evs: 68 HP, 60 Def, 88 Speed, 252 SpA, 40 SPD

Heal Bell
Perish Song
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Now the Evs may look a biut wierd but they work. This is My Lapras, remember when I said my Banette would get put to sleep alot, well that is what heal bell is for it can cure all of my teams status problems. Perish Song ruins a Baton Pass sweep because they have got to swich. Ice Beam and T-bolt are just good coverage.

A NUw Team [NU RMT] 49
Venemoth@ Choice Specs
Timid
Abiltiy: Tinted Lens
Evs: 4 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Speed

Bug Buzz
Sludge Bomb
Psychic
Sleep Powder

My Special Sweeper. With Tinted Lens a move that would do 1/2 damage does normal. 3 Moves have good coverage, Sleep Powder is there on a Specs set just because it could help out with a pokemon.

A NUw Team [NU RMT] 348
Armaldo@ Lum Berry
Impish
Ability: Battle Armour
Evs: 248 HP, 8 Atk, 252 Def

Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Toxic
Rockblast

My Support Armaldo, it can spin away Rocks that threaten my Ledian and Venemoth and then set up it's own, Toxic can support it's other team members and Rock blast.... err because... It says so on Smogon
It has Lum berry so it can easily shake off Toxic Spikes and then Spin them away.

A NUw Team [NU RMT] 244
Crown Entei@ Muscle Band
Adamant
Ability: Pressure
Evs: 252 Atk, 4 HP, 252 Speed

Flareblitz
Extreme Speed
Bite
Stone Edge/ Crush Claw/ Howl

My Crown Entei woo!
This is the last member of my team, Flare Blitz becausee Entei finnally has a good STAB Physical move, Extremespeed gets priority to finish something off, bite is there to take out Physcic's that NU is full of like Girafarig and Chimecho, I am stuck for choice on the last move as in NU there isn't much Stone Edge would do more on, so it could easily be replaced with Crush Claw or Howl. Crus Claw can lower defense and Howl can Raise Attack. Muscle band raises attack without the need for Life Orb recoil or being locked into one move.

So I will be open to any suggestions even about changing Pokemon Please rate
TheSquirtleDude
TheSquirtleDude

Friend Code : 0088 5452 4865

Back to top Go down

A NUw Team [NU RMT] Empty Re: A NUw Team [NU RMT]

Post by Kale12321 Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Thats a good team there squirt especially for ur first time! Just one question why give venomoth choice spec with Sleep powder they are just going to predict the switch (because of the sleep clause u cant use it agian) l would go with the wise specs which give all soecial attack x1.1 dmg but u arent locked into a move
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSquirtleDude Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Kale@ Because it said on Smogon lol, hmm I might try that out actually
TheSquirtleDude
TheSquirtleDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolchill214 Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:42 pm

A nice,well-rounded team!Bug types,like Ledian have a lot of weaknesses,but thats the reason everyone doesnt use many Bug types,but they have so many good,status-inflicting moves.Plus,using light clay for Reflect and Light Screen is a nice strategy.I like your sweeper,Venemoth because of its dangerous sleep powder move.Something,that may be some assistance on your team is teaching Banette Dream Eater.You could also give it the Big Root,which powers up HP draining moves.(Thats a strategy I use with my Butterfree and Giga Drain.)The Lum berry on Armaldo is a nice touch,by the way.
Sorry for this long comment. Embarassed
Coolchill214
Coolchill214

Friend Code : SS:1162 3045 0256

Back to top Go down

Post by kash Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:42 am

Firstly I'd change FlareBlitz to Fire Fang. You don't want that recoil damage, especially if you end up facing a wall or an annoying stall that takes a few hits to get rid of.

Also it seems like you only have 2 pokemon that could take a hit and revenge kill in the case of a choice scarf pokemon, and they would be lapras and armaldo (and occasionally ledian, unless fire comes on the way, even if it is special). I'm not sure if that needs fixing, but just a heads up.

But what reallyyyy bothers me is you don't take advantage of armaldo's massive base 125 Attack (383 total if 31 IVs 252 EVs and +Atk).
kash
kash

Friend Code : 2922-6677-0728

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSquirtleDude Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:26 pm

First of all I don't want bannette to have Big Root as it is a TrickScarf lead 0-0

Kash, I don't take advantage of its massive attack stat because it can be quite bulky and can still pull off an attack stat of around 320. Also I wanted a Bulky Armaldo. And having more than 2/3 pokemon that can take a hit. Idk if that would be a problem or not
TheSquirtleDude
TheSquirtleDude

Back to top Go down

Post by kash Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:17 pm

You certainly need to change flare blitz though in my eyes, I couldn't afford that recoil damage.
kash
kash

Friend Code : 2922-6677-0728

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasim Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Awesome team though change Flare Blitz the recoil is too much
Wasim
Wasim

Friend Code : Pearl: 4941 1959 2034 SS:5070 7783 1916

Back to top Go down

Post by Eureka7 Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:22 pm

A very good team for a first time NUer!!!
I like that yu added an event im seeing more of that these days!!
I think the ledian will be an easy kill tho!!!
Eureka7
Eureka7

Friend Code : 3438-8683-5594

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 pm

If u want (I really don't know how old this is or if he's still here but) for the last entei move slot you could but in rest, becasue he is naturally bulky it works =D also you could try a chestro berry with him. Rock Blast is there because it breaks through subs
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by bigboi23 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:22 pm

use a spexcharizard over ledian, ledian is so terrible i don't even know why you'd consider it

also entei is banned in NU use typhlosion

bigboi23

Back to top Go down

Post by M4GM4 Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:15 am

Okay let's gets a rating on your RMt shall we. First of banners is a horrible lead unless you plan on making a trick room team. Anti-lead floatzel could indefinitely improve your team.
The spread I suggest for the floatzel is 252atk/4hp/252Spe. With a focus sash & jolly nature. Moves are as follows: Taunt
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Protect
Taunt to stop stealth rock. Protect to prevent sleep pp stall and keep your sash intact. Waterfall & Ice punch are your tools of dealing damage.

Next I suggest replacing armarldo with sandslash. I has better resistances with stab earthquake. You can use the same spread or use a more offensive one to complement it's moves which are as follows: Rapid Spin, Earthquake,Stone Edge/Rockslide (power vs accuracy) and stealth rock or toxic.

Also I suggest adding a skuntank to your team as he is the ultimate ghost counter in the NU tier. Ev spread is 252atk/252spe/4SpD with black glasses and a adamant nature. With the moves taunt/crunch (easy predict vs wall stopping), sucker punch, pursuit and explode, also another benefit of running skuntank is that he absorbs toxic spikes for you so yay. You should replace Ledian or Venomoth with skuntank.
Run a bulkier spread on lapras to take hits better, this would be beneficial to lapras' success.

Please take some of my suggestions into consideration as it took quite a while to type all on my trusty IPod Touch.

M4GM4

Back to top Go down

Post by M4GM4 Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:51 am

Too add and correct my self from the previous post I meant Banette not banners and a wish support Gardevoir would be better than you current lapras set, as it can also provide heal bell and wish an even better has not stealth rock weakness so also yay! I you do take my previous suggestions from the last post then your team has become very physically orientated. To counter act this use an Nasty Plot Nintails with energy ball, fire blast/flamethrower (power vs accuracy), nasty plot and hidden power ground (for skuntanks)/hidden power rock (fire types) or hypnosis. With life orb and a timid nature 252spa/252spe/4def. Oh and the set for Gardevoir is as follows: leftovers, calm nature, trace. Next moves wish, heal bell, protect/thunder wave, psychic. Oh yeah two things changing venomoths item to scarf may be beneficial and running U-turn over sludge bomb or psychic for scouting or hidden power ground for steels and skunktanks. The reason all these changes are necessary is because of massive weakness to rock type attack which only banette is neutral to. You should really use marrilands team build to see the synergy or the lack of in your teams. Sorry about the two lengthy posts

M4GM4

Back to top Go down

Post by M4GM4 Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:57 am

Also the Gardevoir set should be 252 hp/ 96 def/ 24 spa/128 spD/8spe
This is for decent all round bulk some bite to psychic and a little speed toxic can be uses over thunder wave to beat polities one on one should it ever happen

M4GM4

Back to top Go down

Post by M4GM4 Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:59 am

Sorry I meant politoad in the last comment. Stupid auto correct...

M4GM4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down