Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My OU team.

+4
raquaza
jolteon00
KoolAid
ClefableKing
8 posters

Go down

My OU team. Empty My OU team.

Post by ClefableKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:14 pm

Well I am a newer player to the overused format but, I am typically a good team-maker.
I constructed this team and I'd like any tips on how I could make it better or any opinions would help too.

My OU team. 24qvkb7
Azumarill
Huge Power
Adamant @ Lum Berry
224 HP | 236 ATK | 48 Spe
~Waterfall
~Aqua Jet
~Return
~Encore

Its used to counter almost every common OU lead. Its 48 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed a standard lead Swampert. This pokemon was finely tuned by a friend and works like a charm. Huge Power is an ability that doubles the attack stat. Its exclusive to Medicham and Azumarill. Azumarill is also gifted with a STAB priority move. Return is for extra coverage and it deals a large amount. It can be swapped out for Superpower but, I do not recommend it. Encore is to force leads that can't normally beaten into a switch. This is probably the best anti-lead in OU.

My OU team. 23vkvmv
Heatran
Flash Fire
Timid @ Life Orb
252 SP ATK | 252 SPE | 4 SP DEF
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power Grass
~Taunt

This is a great sweeper and most think Heatran is slow but, with Timid nature and 252 Speed EVs this thing tops out at 278 Speed. That outspeeds the majority of the meta game and not to mention the power in a STAB Life Orb Fire Blast is remarkable. Along with Earth Power and HP Grass for extra coverage. Taunt is used in those late game situations or when the opponent wants to stall. You can Taunt to prevent any unwanted status, recovery or stat boosting moves.

My OU team. F3al9g
Zapdos
Pressure
Bold @ Leftovers
248 HP | 228 DEF | 32 SPE
~Thunderbolt
~Heat Wave
~Hidden Power Ice
~Roost

Zapdos is one of the best Defensive Walls in the OU meta game for a few reasons. It totally renders many of the popular OU sweepers useless. Scizor, Metagross, Jirachi and Infernape. Now I am sure there are many more but, these are off the top of my head. Zapdos has a large HP Stat along with a respectable Defensive stat and a ton of resistances. Heat Wave makes those steel types think twice along with another popular Defensive OU wall, Celebi. HP Ice is for Mence and Gliscor mainly. Thunderbolt is a strong STAB move or it can be opted out for Discharge is you really want a higher chance for para. Roost is self-explanatory.

My OU team. 280o3s3
Machamp
No Guard
Careful @ Leftovers
200 HP | 52 ATK | 80 DEF | 176 SP DEF
~Dynamic Punch
~Stone Edge
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

Everyone thinks Machamp is made for brute force. Machamp as a wall is almost unheard of. This EV spread is a custom one made by myself. It can take hits of both spectrums left and right. Dynamic Punch is an ensured hit with No Guard and an ensured confusion. At your opponents 50% odds of hitting you or itself usually they decide to switch out. Not to mention a crippling blow from Dynamic Punch can't be taken lightly by many pokemon. Stone Edge is for coverage. Any flying types trying to come in on Machamp will take heavy damage. Rest and Sleep Talk are your recovery. Rest always lasts two turns so make sure you keep count when you rest up. Machamp has a massive HP stat and very respectable defenses.

My OU team. 28lfdao
Scizor
Technician
Adamant @ Life Orb
252 ATK | 252 DEF | 4 SP DEF
~Bug Bite
~Bullet Punch
~Super Power
~Swords Dance

Now at first glance you think "why 252 Defense and not speed?" Now the reasoning behind this is who would expect 252 Defense EV's? The average Earthquake from a wall won't do much to Scizor. Not when it has a large 100 Base Defense stat. If you can get an SD up safely it won't matter. The only thing that can stand in your way after +2 ATK is something that resists Bullet Punch. Even Infernape and Lucario are 2ko'd easily at +2 ATK and even with 252 SPE EVs Scizor won't outspeed any of its counters. Scizor has a gift and that is raw power and STAB Priority moves. Along with Technician that boosts moves under 60 Base Power by 50%. Once the SD goes up very little stands in Scizor's way.

My OU team. 2drcu2p
Breloom
Poison Heal
Jolly @ Toxic Orb
4 HP| 252 ATK | 252 SPE
~Spore
~Substitute
~Focus Punch
~Seed Bomb

Last but, certainly not least you have Breloom. Breloom is quite possibly the most annoying pokemon in the game. Only Breloom, Parasect and Smeargle can obtain the move Spore which has 100% Accuracy. With a Jolly nature and 252 SPE EV's you will be at 260 Speed and your ATK stat is still sitting at an amazing 359. This pokemon can destroy stall teams. Spore, Sub up and Focus Punch is a 150 Base Power STAB move that rips through stuff with enormous power. When used behind a Sub it lands without a chance of losing focus. Seed Bomb is used to cover pesky ghost types. Breloom is in a class all its own.
ClefableKing
ClefableKing

Friend Code : 1720 6566 8625

Back to top Go down

My OU team. Empty Re: My OU team.

Post by KoolAid Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:17 pm

I would suggest replacing taunt for dragon pulse on heatran and going for a scarfed set. I dont know why but the taunt seems gimmicky to me.
KoolAid
KoolAid

Friend Code : 4641-1153-4420

Back to top Go down

Post by ClefableKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Scarfed set it too predictable. You can get yourself into a bad position with scarf-tran too. Believe me I've used scarf tran. I like taunt because I wouldn't be staying in against a Mence or any dragons anyways, as they typically outspeed and EQ you..
ClefableKing
ClefableKing

Back to top Go down

Post by jolteon00 Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:22 pm

It might be very irritating not to have taunt. He might just be out-strategized if he doesn't use it.

I think the set is pretty interesting. I like Heatran and Zapdos and I wish you luck with it!
jolteon00
jolteon00

Friend Code : 0475 1848 3945

Back to top Go down

Post by KoolAid Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:26 pm

I forgot to mention i like your originality with machamp, he is most likely a force to be reckoned with.
KoolAid
KoolAid

Back to top Go down

Post by ClefableKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks and yeah Machamp is pretty hard to take down without a STAB super effective move. Razz
ClefableKing
ClefableKing

Back to top Go down

Post by raquaza Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Put Snorlax and get rid of Zapdos.Snorlax and Breloom sent out together may be very usefull.
raquaza
raquaza

Friend Code : 5070 4074 6615

Back to top Go down

Post by jolteon14 Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:51 pm

First of all, I would like to say thankyou for seeing Machamp as a defensive pokemon like not many others do, Rest talk and 100% confusion along with those defenses is awesome.

Second, take a look at changing Hidden Power Grass to Hidden Power Electric on your Heatran, if you suspect a ground type is going to come in on you and hit with eq, then you can go to Zapdos for HP Ice, otherwise, Heatran is going to be attracting a lot of water types, and since Swampert is common as a lead, and you are prepared to take care of it, HP electric might be more handy then HP grass.

Also I see that you've noted that Scizor can 2HKO Infernape after SD with Bullet Punch, but don't try it Very Happy

Great team though.
jolteon14
jolteon14

Friend Code : 5199 5400 2403

Back to top Go down

Post by ClefableKing Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:02 am

I said that just in case a sneaky little Infernape wants to come in on a +2 Scizor.
ClefableKing
ClefableKing

Back to top Go down

Post by RSLfan Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 am

I think u should run a choice band on scizor because life orb damage adds up faster than u think and it's life is already short enough if ur trying to pull off a sd
RSLfan
RSLfan

Friend Code : 2837 2453 0624

Back to top Go down

Post by ClefableKing Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:25 am

I guess I could try a band.. but, then I need to find a move to put instead on Swords Dance and I would want U-turn instead of Bug Bite.
ClefableKing
ClefableKing

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 am

CK, I just thought it was noteworthy to say bravo on putting together a literally perfect example of what a "Rate My Team" topic should look like.

So many new members don't pay attention to the sticky or follow the guidelines. I'm just overjoyed. [/tangent]
adoxography
adoxography

Friend Code : 1248 2704 5027

Back to top Go down

Post by KoolAid Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 am

Nah dude, i suggest you stick with the SD set. It is far superior to the other sets on scizor.
KoolAid
KoolAid

Back to top Go down

Post by jolteon14 Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Yah the option to be stronger then choice band and freely change moves is something very valuable. Just bring scizor in on something you know cant hurt you and you will be fine
jolteon14
jolteon14

Friend Code : 5199 5400 2403

Back to top Go down

Post by ClefableKing Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:51 pm

@adoxography Thank you very much! Very Happy

@itachi64 Agreed and that's why I plan on keeping it.

@jolteon14 Not that Scizor has much speed or anything but, when a STAB Bug Bite lands in takes a huge chunk out of anything.
ClefableKing
ClefableKing

Back to top Go down

Post by snuffleoffagus Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:49 pm

First off, you presented your team cleanly, and I have a full idea of what you're intentions are for each Pokemon.
As for the rate, I say bravo. Not only is it a great team, but you maintain a good level of originality in a very unoriginal tier.
snuffleoffagus
snuffleoffagus

Friend Code : Main (HG)-3481 5174 5889

Back to top Go down

Post by ClefableKing Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:01 pm

snuffleoffagus wrote:First off, you presented your team cleanly, and I have a full idea of what your intentions are for each Pokemon.
As for the rate, I say bravo. Not only is it a great team, but you maintain a good level of originality in a very unoriginal tier.

Well I try and keep things a little original because that makes the game more fun. There's two kinds of original I suppose. You have your novelty people and then original people with viable sets. So thanks and anyone can feel free to use these sets if they like.
ClefableKing
ClefableKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down