Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU]

3 posters

Go down

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] Empty Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU]

Post by saber Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi, everyone. This my first attempt at 4th gen UU and im guessing it will probably be the last due to 5th GEN coming out sometime next year.
Please help me to make this team great.

The inspiration for this team is absol, yes one of my favourite pokemon but it also functions as one of the premier sweepers in UU when it has the right conditions in place. So this was obviously the beginning of the team...
AT A GLANCE

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 359 Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 350 Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 3 Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 479 Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 139 Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 110

Hooray for the shinies on my team! xD

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 359
So I originally added absol to my team as the main physical sweeper, he really needs to be helped out by almost all of his teammates whilst also being a team player and helping others out by taking out their counters. Absol has a trouble with almost any fighting type that carries mach punch or is faster than it so i need something to take out these or hinder them (via will-o-wisp).

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 110
Wheezing was naturally my first choice due to its only weakness being absols immunity and the fact he can take nearly any unboosted physical hit in the game let alone fighting moves which are resisted. Wheezing (for me) seems to have 4MS only having 4 moves and 5 things i want it to do, although you can see this later on in my in depth anaylsis. Now i need something that can cover specially defensive hits that wheezing cannot stand up to (i am making him a pure physical wall).

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 350
This is where milotic comes in, its ability to absorb burn status is invaluable to absol and the rest of the team, whils also benefitting from paralysis, burn is preferred due to no major hinderence (aside from HP loss). Milotic creates the defencive core that can be used to rotate around.

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 139
Omastar is a great lead, being the only pokemon able to set-up SR and Spikes makes it perfect for lead to a team where absol can benefit from entry hazards to gain OHKO's over 2HKO's etc. This is the main reason for putting it as a lead, but it can also come back later and threaten pokemon or be dead fodder for a free switch in.

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 479
Rotom i decided to add, seeing i desperatly need a spin blocker now, and hitmontop gets a nice free turn to spin when absol switches out, rotom stops that spin and with multi status can threaten a variety of things with will-o-wisp, toxic and paralysis off of discharges high paralyse chance. Rotom also helps me to handle a bunch of pokemon that weezing and milotic cant whilst effectively supporting the team.

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 3
For the last party slot i didnt have an idea what to put in, the team seemed to almost be fine in terms of weaknesses and resistance and anything that i put in would result in a weakness of some kind, as it happens i now have 2 weaknesses to psychic and only absols immunity, which is nice as it means absol has more chances to switch in, but it also means that if it has substitute and focus blast it can eliminate absol by subbing when i sucker punch and then proceeding to sweep my team. SO, i would like some suggestiions for changing party members (not just this one).

IN DEPTH ANALYSIS

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 139
Omastar-LEAD
Ability-Swift Swim
Nature-Timid
Item-Focus Sash
EV's 4HP/252sp.ATK/252Speed
Moveset
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Surf
-Earth Power

This omastar lead matches up well against many of the other common UU leads, if the opponent is a known taunt user, then i surf/earthpower, with 252sp.atk surf does a massive amount of damage, obviously my priority is to setup SR and spikes but if a kill is there for the taking then i might aswell take it earlier on and enable me to come back in later to setup again.With Swift swim as its ability, leads that dont have swift swim themselves are now outsped and killed.

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 3
Venusaur-Special Sweeper
Nature-Timid
Item-WhiteHerb
EV's4HP/252sp.atk/252speed
Moveset
-Sleep Powder
-Synthesis
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb

Venusaur is very helpful to this team, it absorbs toxic spikes just by switching in, sleep powder helps anything to setup and forces switches which can give more time for another team member to setup. Synthesis is an all-be-it unreliable recovery method but non the less a source of recovery, leaf storm in turn with white herb allows me to keep my very nice special attack stat meaning i dont have to switch as often, and also if the opponent switches to another pokemon, that pokemon may not be able to setup on me anymore by the fact i can still launch a full power sludge bomb right in its face. Venusaur also provides a very nice resistance to grass to help milotic and also a nice electric resistance.

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 479
Rotom-Status Inficter + Defensive Core
Nature-Timid
Item-Leftovers
EV's 4HP/252sp.atk/252speed
Moveset
-Discharge
-Toxic
-Will-o-wisp
-Pain Split

Rotom is really my support pokemon of the team, with discharge he can immensly help absol via paralysis, with paralysis on many of his counters he can now outspeed and after a swords dance, he can OHKO almost all of them. Toxic helps milotic, weezing and even Rotom to stall out other bulky pokemon. Will-o-wisp severely hinders any physical sweeper for the rest of the match. Pain Split is a nice source of recovery and with the very low hp rotom has it will almost always be gaining HP.

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 350
Milotic- Specially Defensive Wall
Nature-Bold
Item-Leftovers
EV's 252HP/92Def/156sp.def/8speed
Moveset
-Surf
-Recover
-Toxic
-HPelectric

Milotic, special tank. Yes this is really a pretty common set, i was considering haze over HPgrass/electric but i found out that it was an egg move meaning i would have to scrap my shiny milotic >_<. Surf, is a great STAB if we havent already established, toxic pairs well with surf due to most steel or poison types being destroyed by surf or HPelectric. Recover is the best move that it has and makes it able to stall out the opponent as they die from toxic damage. Milotic itself can avoid being poisoned by switching to venusaur or weezing who are immune to being poisoned.

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 110
Weezing-Physically defensive Wall
Nature-Bold
Item-Black Sludge
EV's 252HP/252Def/4Sp.Def
Moveset
-Pain Split
-Thunderbolt
-Fire Blast/Will-o-wisp
-Haze

The near standard physical wall moveset, but this time it suffers from 4MS ($ moveslot syndrome), PLEASE HELP ME! I need help with his moveset, what do you suggest? I desperately want Haze somewhere on my team enabling me to stop a sweep. Pain Split is a must for HP recovery, Thunderbolt provides coverage with fire blast/will-o-wisp for flash fire pokemon and Haze eliminates stat boosts. What Does everyone think? Is Haze necessary? Or should i just go with will-o-wisp over haze? AARRGGH! Anyway moving on to everything else about weezing... Black sludge is leftovers but the safety net of trick meaning the opponent suffers if he screws me over. Weezing will force a lot of switches from choice banded pokemon, resisting what seems to be the most common physical attacking types in UU fighting and ground. The immunity to ground makes his only weakness psychic, which is most commonly special making him hard to take down physically and a nice bait for frail psychics so that absol can happily switch in.

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] 359
ABSOL- Physical Sweeper
Ability-Super Luck
Nature-Adamant
Item-Lum Berry
EV's 4???/252Atk/252Speed
Moveset
-Swords Dance
-Psycho Cut
-Sucker Punch
-SuperPower

Absol, decimates psychic types that threaten the rest of my team. After a single swords dance everything in UU comes into OHKO range after SR and Spikes the only trouble is that many things can attack me with non-damaging moves such as will-o-wisp that can become my downfall. This is where team support makes his sweep possible weakening and slowing foes through paralysis, toxic or will-o-wisp gives Absol many chances to sweep, physical sweepers that have been burnt are now easy setup fodder especially banded ones with no status moves. Venusaur stops toxic spikes dead meaning the lum berry gives absol one free turn to SD or attack while the opponent statuses me thinking i will sucker punch. The only trouble is Spiritomb, who is immune to both moves that arent sucker punch meaning it can do what ever it wants as long as it doesnt attack me.

Thanks for reading my RMT, and I appreciate the help.

saber
saber

Friend Code : Platinum FC: 1462-8841-7342

Back to top Go down

Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU] Empty Re: Kinda late but... [4th GEN UU]

Post by Calze6 Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:59 pm

White herb is generally a terrible item. You might as well run a life orb and just approach a hit and run method. Or, you can try the SD set:

Venusaur@life orb
Sleep powder
SD
seed bomb
EQ.

Calze6
Calze6

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by saber Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:11 pm

i actually might try the SD set although i liked the idea of one special sweeped and one physical sweeper. Life orb sounds good on the special set. Ill see what people say about the rest of the team before i decide which one ill use

EDIT: I need people's opinions on weezing's moveset about Haze and Will-o-wisp and what i should do there. that's my priority A.T.M.
saber
saber

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:50 pm

I'd personally go will-o-wisp over haze on weezing and haze over toxic/HP electric on milotic.
Calze6
Calze6

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:27 pm

I'm not sure about Rotom's Ev's. It seems like you would want some defense, since it is part of your Core, but if it has been working for you that fine.

Haze vs WoW
WoW helps take the physical attacks (not named Seismic toss).
Haze can stop sweeps, defense raisers, and baton pass teams. the ladder isn't too common.

I'd go with WoW as it can insure more safe switches for Absol if Rotom is dead, seeing as Absol can beat the defensive boosters with a crit via Psycho cut+Super Luck.

You could give it Night Slash to deal with Spiritomb, but you would lose your revenging abilities. If you added Night Slash l would change the item to razor claw or scope lens to boost your crit chance to 25% every attack, but that's up to you.
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by saber Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:15 pm

@ calze6, yeah sadly that means i have to egg move a non-shiny milotic, but i agree.

Kale12321, i dunno about rotom's ev's either, ill test it out either way. I cant sacrafice sucker punch, i will just have to lure out spiritomb and then kill him with something else.

Thanks for your guys' comments, WoW it is
saber
saber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down