Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the world was created

+4
Venusaur
Markus
ShadowMoon
Calze6
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How the world was created Empty How the world was created

Post by Calze6 Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:30 am

How, in your opinion, was the world created? Sate your thoughts here.

I believe that God created the world through the big bang and created humans through the process of evolution.
Calze6
Calze6

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

How the world was created Empty Re: How the world was created

Post by ShadowMoon Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 pm

i belive that god exisist as life itself & that exisitane is just here for the hell of it.
ShadowMoon
ShadowMoon

Friend Code : platinum: 3481-3845-8295 heartgold: 3481-4876-1550 battle rev: 5156-9587-6900

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 pm

I'ma be scientific, there was a Big Bang that happened trillions(or billions) of years ago, dust collected made a huge asteroid the Earth was hit with another asteroid causing Earth to have rings. Then the rings came together and formed the moon then the carbon atoms came together causing life to form, then another meteorite hit the Earth killing the dinosaurs making the earth go into a ice age because of the dust that was hit into the air. After the ice age went away mammals became the dominate species, then from that humans were.
Edit: forgot to mention some things, but I don't feel like editing too much... Also the earth and world are different... The world is the universe incase you didn't know. "World" means everything around you and I suppose the multiverse could be considered the same world from a certain perspecion<-- I know theres a typo in that word... World can also mean your imagination.
Markus
Markus

Friend Code : 3523-8852-5508

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMoon Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Markus wrote:I'ma be scientific, there was a Big Bang that happened trillions(or billions) of years ago, dust collected made a huge asteroid the Earth was hit with another asteroid causing Earth to have rings. Then the rings came together and formed the moon then the carbon atoms came together causing life to form, then another meteorite hit the Earth killing the dinosaurs making the earth go into a ice age because of the dust that was hit into the air. After the ice age went away mammals became the dominate species, then from that humans were.
Edit: forgot to mention some things, but I don't feel like editing too much... Also the earth and world are different... The world is the universe incase you didn't know. "World" means everything around you and I suppose the multiverse could be considered the same world from a certain perspecion<-- I know theres a typo in that word... World can also mean your imagination.
and even after that my answers still makes sense.
ShadowMoon
ShadowMoon

Friend Code : platinum: 3481-3845-8295 heartgold: 3481-4876-1550 battle rev: 5156-9587-6900

Back to top Go down

Post by Venusaur Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:05 pm

I think God created the world. He's the best of the best IMO!
Venusaur
Venusaur

Friend Code : JP Platinum: 2279 - 2896 - 6911

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse13 Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:50 pm

I believe in God, so I think that the bible is right, but I also think there were dinosaurs during the time Adam and Eve were alive.
Eclipse13
Eclipse13

Back to top Go down

Post by teddywoohoo Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Eclipse13 wrote:I believe in God, so I think that the bible is right, but I also think there were dinosaurs during the time Adam and Eve were alive.
i belive god to.
teddywoohoo
teddywoohoo

Friend Code : 3524-5809-4588 hg

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMoon Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Eclipse13 wrote:I believe in God, so I think that the bible is right, but I also think there were dinosaurs during the time Adam and Eve were alive.
well then heres something perplexing. in the book of genesis it states that god created man(adam), then made woman from a couple of mans ribs & earth(eve). then it went on to say adam & eve had 2 children, & then it went on to say that the good one went & fell in love with a woman, then his brother killed him out of jelousy. so the evil one got the woman. now heres the question:
if god only created adam & eve and adam & eve never had a daughter, then were the secound female come from? she obviously wasn't human by logic, so was she a monkey or ape?(making her the "missing link") or was she an angel? or did god have an older brother who made an alien race on mars, & sent one of 'em to earth? & who created god? & who created the one who created god? & who created the space they exisit in?

clamp got it right in xxxholic:
qoute 1:
“There are indefinite things in this world that remain unexplained. No matter how weird it is, mankind will always observe it. It will always be so with mankind. But it is the imagination. But it is the past. People are the world’s strangest creatures.”

qoute 2:
“There are many strange things in this world. However, no matter how strange or bizarre things are, if there is no one there, if there is no one to see it, an illusion would not be anything unusual. This is because people are the strangest things in this world.”

qoute 3:
“There are a great many strange things in the world. But no matter how odd… How incredible something may be… If a human does not touch it… If a human does not see it… If a human is not involved with it… It is simply a phenomenon. Simply a matter that will fade with time. Humans. Mankind. Homo sapiens. Humans are the most profoundly mysterious living things in the world!”

qoute 4:
“The meaning of the world looks very broad, but it’s actually very narrow.”

quote 5:
“What’s good or bad is determined by man! But, if it does not have anything to do with man, then it doesn’t matter

qoute 6:
“Even if all is a dream… with faith, hope, and trust, it can become real.”

qoute 7:
“Often times, people simply deny the existence of what they do not understand, and anyone who tells them otherwise is a liar. What they don’t know stays ‘unexplained’ and they are happy with that.”

qoute 8:“Destiny… refers to an event that would definitely happen. Without it, nothing is possible. From one thing, you see, many other things can be imagined.”

qoute 9:“If you believe so, then it’s decided. If you don’t believe it, then it can be changed.”
ShadowMoon
ShadowMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:16 am

As I said, I believe that God exists and created the world. It, imo wouldn't make sense if he didn't as the world would struggle to reandomly evolve as it would take far longer than 4.6 billion years. However, I don't believe that the bible should be interpreted literally as it would make no sense for something scientifically justifiable. Therefore, the big bang and evolution makes perfect sense.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbrielle Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:19 am

Okay, here's what I think:

• An important Christian claim states that their god is omnipotent.
  • This would imply that we are all a product of this deity. "Children" if you will.
  • Thousands of years have passed, during which, billions of "god's children" have killed billions of others.
  • This god could have easily prevented all of this from happening without any effort whatsoever. That means that either this god
    • does not care about us, or
    • may care, but refuses to intervene.
  • If the ruler of the universe doesn't care about us, then all religions are a waste of time and effort. For the sake of argument, we will assume that this god chooses not to intervene in the affairs of humankind for reasons unknown to us.
  • Next there is the question of whether or not this god wants us to believe he exists. The bible states that he allowed Jesus to perform miracles. This would suggest that he does want us to know.
  • Since we have already established that this god does not intervene in our world, these miracles are obviously false. Besides, if this god wanted me to believe he existed and was willing to break the laws of physics to make it happen, he would just appear right beside me and tell me he existed.
  • This would mean that this god has created my mind and put it in a situation in which this god knew that I would not believe in his existence. He refuses to change the circumstances to make me believe he exists.
  • Clearly, this god does not exist, or he exists, but doesn't want us to know.
  • In either case, every human religion is completely wrong.

The claims "a god definitely exists" and "a god definitely does not exist" are equally ridiculous. Humans simply have no way of knowing or finding out the truth (at least in their lifetime). I would expect that, after death, we may learn the truth, but at that point, it's irrelevant to this universe.

I suspect that the truth is that some sort of deity probably does exist, because it seems unlikely (but possible) that the universe could simply have created itself. Of course, we wouldn't be here discussing it if the universe hadn't been created somehow, and if there turns out to be no deity, then it's apparent that the universe did indeed simply pop into existence.

This makes me an apathetic agnostic.

Last edited by Umbrielle on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Some bad BBCode)
Umbrielle
Umbrielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:23 am

Whoa, where did this come from? As far as I know, God HAS intervened. To Christian religion, god, IS Jesus and came to forgive the sins of people. Also, there has been many cases of people who have felt god's work so I must disagree with your reasoning here.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbrielle Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:30 am

So you are saying that your god is both benevolent and willing to intervene in our universe?

Then would you mind explain why he has allowed thousands of years of war, cruelty and evil to go on?
Umbrielle
Umbrielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:10 am

They say sin entered the world.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMoon Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:32 am

Umbrielle wrote:This makes me an apathetic agnostic.
that explains alot.

[qoute="XXXHolic"]
“To change yourself… is to change your future.”

“If you believe so, then it’s decided. If you don’t believe it, then it can be changed.”

“There is only one thing that can be given freely, with no need for compensation and that is hope.”

“Even if all is a dream… with faith, hope, and trust, it can become real.”
[/quote]

there, & with that are the ansews to all beliefs, fate & ect.
ShadowMoon
ShadowMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbrielle Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:38 am

Calze6 wrote:They say sin entered the world.

But the claim states that the god is omnipotent. Therefore, "sin" can only exist if the god wants it to.
Umbrielle
Umbrielle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMoon Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:49 am

Umbrielle wrote:
Calze6 wrote:They say sin entered the world.

But the claim states that the god is omnipotent. Therefore, "sin" can only exist if the god wants it to.
so acouring to you, gods ethier the most powerful sadistic jerk, dosen't exist or is a skitzofrenic.
ShadowMoon
ShadowMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbrielle Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:19 am

ShadowMoon wrote:so acouring to you, gods ethier the most powerful sadistic jerk, dosen't exist or is a skitzofrenic.

Incorrect. That's not what I'm saying at all.

To exist, an omnipotent god must be indifferent to humanity. Indifferent or nonexistent, take your pick - and it doesn't matter which you choose.
Umbrielle
Umbrielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:26 am

Perhaps satin also has great power and until the day comes when the world is recreated, we have to live with this one.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMoon Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:03 am

Umbrielle wrote:
Incorrect. That's not what I'm saying at all.

To exist, an omnipotent god must be indifferent to humanity. Indifferent or nonexistent, take your pick - and it doesn't matter which you choose.
but if something is nonexistent, then no one would have any memorys of it. nor would we have heard of it. & if god dose not exist, then we would not be discusing it right now. gods exists though peoples minds & the faith in their hearts. to say something dose not exist is a lie. if it dose not exist, then it has no name, no one knows about it, & there sure as hell ain't a book written about it! even if something exist only in one persons mind, it still exists! vampires exist, but only in folklore, movies, & twilight fan-girl fourms, & ect. just because you've never seen, felt, heard, tasted, or smelled something dose not mean its not out there! indifferentence dose exist in newborns, they are not good or evil. good & evil are not even real! thier just man made concepts! so i choose opition 3, none of the above. i belive theres a god, but i don't believe that theres an omnipotent god. i'm a cristian 'cause i go by most of the bible, but my beliefs are my own, & no one elses. you belive what you want to belive, & i'll belive what i want to belive. i never said there was an omnipotent god to begin with.

Calze6 wrote:Perhaps satin also has great power and until the day comes when the world is recreated, we have to live with this one.
to this cristian, the world is but a bird that will be drug into hell-fire, then revived into a chick from the ashs, & we, the bird's fleas shall inhabit the newborn phionex with holyness & one less demon!!
ShadowMoon
ShadowMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:43 am

ShadowMoon wrote:
Markus wrote:I'ma be scientific, there was a Big Bang that happened trillions(or billions) of years ago, dust collected made a huge asteroid the Earth was hit with another asteroid causing Earth to have rings. Then the rings came together and formed the moon then the carbon atoms came together causing life to form, then another meteorite hit the Earth killing the dinosaurs making the earth go into a ice age because of the dust that was hit into the air. After the ice age went away mammals became the dominate species, then from that humans were.
and even after that my answers still makes sense.

anyone can name their child "God" and say they exist rofl.

Edit: It appears I'm the only athiest here o.o
Markus
Markus

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbrielle Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:53 am

ShadowMoon wrote:but if something is nonexistent, then no one would have any memorys of it. nor would we have heard of it. ... there sure as hell ain't a book written about it! ... vampires exist, but only in folklore, movies, & twilight fan-girl fourms, & ect.

I would agree that the Christian god "exists" in the same sense that vampires "exist".
Umbrielle
Umbrielle

Back to top Go down

Post by 123wert50 Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 pm

I am really confused about how it was. Maybe the "Big Bang Theory"?
123wert50
123wert50

Friend Code : SS: 5028-0407-6070

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMoon Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:58 pm

Umbrielle wrote:
ShadowMoon wrote:but if something is nonexistent, then no one would have any memorys of it. nor would we have heard of it. ... there sure as hell ain't a book written about it! ... vampires exist, but only in folklore, movies, & twilight fan-girl fourms, & ect.

I would agree that the Christian god "exists" in the same sense that vampires "exist".
well, human belief tends to make the impossible, posible. just look at how far tech has gone because of people making inventions that were based on stuff from starwars. but there are paranormal things on this planet, & logic is not always correct. humans used to believe that if you went to far into the ocean, you'd fall off the planet. now theres some old-style logic!
ShadowMoon
ShadowMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:01 pm

shadow, thats not logic, the world is flat. and also i know i shouldn't say this but... the chances of a god really being here or there, is so so so so so so very slim even in a multiverse of this size the chances are incredibly low.
Markus
Markus

Back to top Go down

Post by 123wert50 Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:11 pm

God is prob real, as I am Catholic, but also it could have been here before God.
123wert50
123wert50

Friend Code : SS: 5028-0407-6070

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next