Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OU Ownage, Shoddy

5 posters

Go down

OU Ownage, Shoddy Empty OU Ownage, Shoddy

Post by Hyperbeem Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:42 am

Team Building:
First, I wanted to have an unconventional sweeper that can wreck teams apart. I chose Offensive CM Jirachi.
OU Ownage, Shoddy 385
Dragonite has excellent synergy with Jirachi and takes out common counters like Heatran. Also, it weakens pokemon into Jirachi's sweeping range.
OU Ownage, Shoddy 385OU Ownage, Shoddy 149
Heatran rounds off the other two with good coverage against Pokemon that beat the previous combo.
OU Ownage, Shoddy 385OU Ownage, Shoddy 149OU Ownage, Shoddy 490
Standard Azelf seemed to be a good lead because it quickly places Stealth Rock on the field while also taking out one or two pokemon. Heatran eliminates Metagross leads with one Fire Blast.
OU Ownage, Shoddy 487OU Ownage, Shoddy 385OU Ownage, Shoddy 149OU Ownage, Shoddy 490
Kingdra is good against other Rain Dance teams, but its main function is to destroy and set up on special walls like Blissey.
OU Ownage, Shoddy 487OU Ownage, Shoddy 385OU Ownage, Shoddy 149OU Ownage, Shoddy 490OU Ownage, Shoddy 230
Finally Scarftar destroys Starmie, etc. It deletes Dragonites and other flying types from the game. It also changes the weather against rain, hail etc.
OU Ownage, Shoddy 487OU Ownage, Shoddy 385OU Ownage, Shoddy 149OU Ownage, Shoddy 490OU Ownage, Shoddy 230OU Ownage, Shoddy 248

OU Ownage, Shoddy Azelf
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Psychic
This is a standard lead for offensive and balanced teams. Stealth Rock gives my Pokemon a lot of good KOs and prevents them from switching walls back and forth endlessly. I chose Psychic over Fire Blast because Gengar is more of a common switch in that Scizor lately. Explosion rounds off this useful suicide lead with a powerful last attack.

OU Ownage, Shoddy Dragonite
Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Extremespeed
Usually I don't sweep with this pokemon, unless I can in the late game. Early I start off by using Earthquake and Fire Punch to blow holes in everything. Scizor and Forretress are destroyed by this generally. If Dragonite has some health remaining in the end I will Outrage and sometimes that cleans up the opponent. Extremespeed is for priority and revenge killing weakened pokemon. This Pokemon also lowers opponents health to the point where they have to be careful about repeated switching into Stealth Rock.

OU Ownage, Shoddy Jirachi
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 76 HP/180 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Superachi is just a beast. With its nice bulk and great offensive stats it can destroy people expecting a different set. After a few Calm Minds most Pokemon are OHKOd. For faster Pokemon like Flygon, I switch to Dragonite to take the Earthquake/Fire Blast. HP Fire takes out Scizor, while Grass Knot ends Tyrannitar. Psychic, though being an average offensive type, gives Jirachi excellent neutral coverage on Dragons.

OU Ownage, Shoddy Tyranitar
Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
This pokemon is very useful mid-game because it takes out common threats like Gengar, and Rotom-A. Pursuit and Crunch give me options in any situation. Stone Edge and Earthquake form an almost unresisted combination and have super effective hits on Dragonite, Zapdos, and Heatran. This also changes the weather on Rain Dance teams, then while the opponent tries to set up Rain Dance, I set up...

OU Ownage, Shoddy Kingdra
Kingdra (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
Kingdra! Sub DD is very useful especially with Leftovers. If a counter comes in I can still switch without a worry as its easy to set up again. With a couple DDs it can take on bulky waters like Milotic and Suicune while destroying everything else with Waterfall. If I come across a steel type I cant beat I go to Heatran.

OU Ownage, Shoddy Heatran
Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Heatran completes the team with excellent coverage on physical walls like Skarmory, while having an Explosion for destroying an annoying sweeper. I have been considering HP Grass over Dragon Pulse. Earth Power is for other Heatrans and fire Pokemon.

I want to fit in a phazer like Skarmory somewhere in here but I haven't found an opening. Jirachi is my main sweeper that I built the team around. Thanks in advance for rating!
(Images from Arkeis.com)
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Friend Code : Shoddy only *sigh*

Back to top Go down

OU Ownage, Shoddy Empty Re: OU Ownage, Shoddy

Post by Sircubith Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:08 pm

it looks good, althogh i would replace explosion on heatran for HP grass simply because an unboosted grass knot from your jarachi does on adverage does around 80% damage to a full health swampert (which, might i add, you team seems to be a little weak to) but like i said thats unboosted, and most swampert wont be at full health at the point where jarachi comes out.
Sircubith
Sircubith

Back to top Go down

Post by Aster Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:43 pm

Overall looks like a nice team, just going to throw a few nitpicks about things.

I would recommend Thunderbolt>HP Fire to get the edge over Gyarados and because Scizor is taken down pretty easily by your other Pokemon, and in reality can't do that much to Jirachi after a certain point. Thunderbolt also helps against Gyarados, since even at +1 Jirachi won't be able to OHKO after Stealth Rock Damage with Grass Knot or Psychic.

Without a Rapid Spinner, a Choice Banded Dragonite is more of a hindrance than anything else. You do have taunt on Azelf, which helps, but more often than not Stealth Rocks will get set up. With no way to heal itself, Dragonite will be taking 25% each time it switches in, plus Sandstorm damage if Tyranitar comes out before it. CBNite is very situational, and is easily walled by a lot of things. Heatran if it uses Fire Punch, steel types if it uses Outrage, Levitators if it uses EQ, and Ghosts if it uses ExtremeSpeed. In my opinion, you should run the Mixed Attacker set, since you also have a lack of Special Attackers to the point where you would be walled by Physically Defensive pokemon very easily. This also gives you one less Choice Item user, which is good since having 3 Choicers can be very crippling on most teams.

For Tyranitar, I recommend running the Choice Band set. Nowadays, although Scarf Tyranitar looks nice and speedy, I find that the extra power is much more beneficial. Since I recommended taking away the Choice Band on Dragonite, the extra power will certainly help out Tyranitar. With its massive Attack Stat it can OHKO Physically Defensive Zapdos and all Dragonites with Stone Edge. With its other moves it is literally an offensive monster. Although you lose the ability to outspeed Gengar and Rotom-A and Starmie, more often than not you will find yourself being able to take down chunks of teams you couldn't have taken down before. With the prevalence of Scarf Rotoms and Scarf Starmies anyway, Tyranitar serves more purpose beating down things with its Attack rather than outspeeding them.

Everything else seems fine, I would leave Kingdra and Heatran the same. Overall it looks like a good team, and good luck in the future!

Aster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:04 pm

I actually like all of your suggestions. I will change the CBnite but I need Scarftar because for CM Jirachi and LO Starmie and to revenge a real pain, subsplit Gengar. Forretress and Scizor have lower Special Defense so I think Thunderbolt is a GREAT idea. It retains my coverage against Skarmorys that try to phaze me early in my set-up.
Thanks for the rate!
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Friend Code : Shoddy only *sigh*

Back to top Go down

Post by bigboi23 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:43 pm

use calm mind celebi over jirachi you get a fire water grass core and less ground weaknesses and you get to beat water types more easily for kingdra to beat that team.

bigboi23

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbrielle Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:49 pm

This is a pretty good team, but you have a pretty serious Gyarados weakness, especially since you have three Choiced users of Ground attacks that he can set up against. I agree with switching HP-Fire to Thunderbolt, and I would also recommend MixNite - maybe something like Fire Blast / Earthquake / Outrage / Roost (I generally like healing moves, but you could run Draco Meteor, Extremespeed, Thunderbolt, whatever... Dragonite has a great movepool). Use a Life Orb.

I've never liked Substitute Kingdra. In my experience, you can run a very similar but somewhat more effective set with Rest over Substitute and a Chesto Berry. You can almost always get at least two Dragon Dances with it, and it terrifies stall teams in particular because they generally can't bring him down quickly enough.
Umbrielle
Umbrielle

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down