Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen

+6
bigboi23
Kale12321
raquaza
Tyrant Tyranitar
Hyperbeem
saber
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen Empty Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen

Post by saber Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Life’s a beach especially with all these new sweepers... So why not make my team a sandy beach lets abuse this 5th gen, the gen of intense offense, (dreamy)-special abilities and most of all mystery.
I plan to launch my 5th gen campaign via pokemon online (which I am downloading shortly), and I plan to head for a sandstream offense team, with which, I will erode the spirit of my enemy and (hopefully) will end in consistent and overwhelming success. Anyway seriously now, I want to use one of the biggest sweepers and if my opponent doesn’t have priority or something that can take a hit from this goliath you can kiss the game 6-0... as long as you don’t consider the metagame already completely broken.

Also just so people know, I have put this up on another forum so don’t be alarmed if you see a “SaberF()RCE” with this exact team too, its mine.

I HAVE MADE CHANGES... the changes ar in Italics

Now for the team at a glance...

First off is Doryuuzu, with sand fence, massive attack and an awesome typing he is tailor-made for sweeping and he gets plenty of opportunities to switch in with a plethora of resistances and 4x resistance to stealth rocks and immunity to toxic spikes and immunity to 2 status moves!!! A new nifty item aiming mark allows moves to hit even immune targets, so Doryuuzu’s Earthquake now hits the likes of skarmory who was said to be a perfect counter. This will help his very shallow move pool as he may not need to waste a space with unnecessary flying counters. Hmmm.... It turns out that aiming mark allows opponents to hit your resistances so i have given doryuuzu a balloon! This gives him a ground immunity
Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 530

Next is obviously a sand stream abuser is required for this I have selected tyranitar as hippowdon provides no helpful resistances and hindering weaknesses as both doryuuzu and hippowdon will have trouble with drizzle politoad (as soon as dream world abilities come out) and in general not providing a whole lot to my team. Also with the birth of so many new good ghost types, I need a decent pursuiter, so in goes tyranitar...

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 530 Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 248

Now I obviously have a massive problem with fighting which I am very unhappy with especially with the likes of that 140 base attack roopushin running around on everybody’s teams. At the moment there is no ban list so I will capitalise on this with putting in Rayquaza, yes, as a lead LMAO. Rayquaza is my anti-weather meta, pokemon such as scarf-politoad, scarf-ninetails and even opposing doryuuzu, then I can proceed to set up sandstorm again. Rayquaza can also make a return mid game to revenge kill weakened enemies or to kill off counters to the rest of the team, he is actually based off of the smogon lead dragonite, but it is obviously way better at offense. I will be sad to see this go to ubers as I will need to heavily reshape my team, can anyone give me ideas as to what I will put in this spot after rayquaza goes? (this is very important, I would like feedback for this before anything else!).

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 384, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 530, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 248
Now my team doesn’t seem to be looking too bad. I like the idea of Gyarados fitting in as a kind of core with doryuuzu, they resist each other’s weaknesses perfectly. It also provides another helpful fighting weakness, and I have decided to keep intimidate in favour of a more defensive set.

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 384, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 530, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 248, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 130

I would really love another ice resistance, so I decide to go with Metagross, as I seem to be lacking a bit of defense and also metagross’s only 2 weaknesses are covered via gyarados and rayquaza (although aiming mark will be a problem) also I want something to be able to set-up rocks (I can trade it over from previous generations) and I would also very much like to have a screen setter/support pokemon so I decide to go with metagross.

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 384, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 530, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 248, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 130 Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 376

Now I really have decent equality of type resistance and also type coverage, but I'm beginning to get a little stuck for ideas in this slot, I began to have a look at the pokemon from this new generation as I really want to be able to ensure my team will succeed. I saw this little puff ball Erufuun (aka Elfoon) and like the idea of a priority encore. Also will stop any pokemon (that doesn’t have priority) and has a setup move, merely switch as they predict you to switch netting them the free stat up then next turn encore them so they do last turn’s move again, or force them to switch and then you have a free turn to do whatever you want. Or alternately you could use priority memento to net a free turn of set-up for the likes of Doryuuzu, Gyarados or Metagross.

FINAL TEAM
Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 384, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 530, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 248, Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 130 Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 376 Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 547

An in depth look

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 384,

Rayquaza@ Life orb
Nature – Rash
Ability – Air Lock
EV’s Atk / 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Spe / 252
Moves-
-ExtremeSpeed
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Draco Meteor

The speed EV’s allow rayquaza to outrun Adamant Doryuuzu with max speed (thanks to air lock). The nature gives special attack a boost while the EV’s are put into Atk to give maximum boost to Extremespeed which will become a factor for revenging pokemon. Fire blast kills steels which attempt to absorb a physical dragon move, earthquake deals decent type coverage with fire blast and when paired with draco meteor gets great neutral coverage. Not sure about the held item, in fact I was considering going for aiming mark on rayquaza as well so it can revenge ghosts (which are an increasing threat) and so it can hit flying types with earthquake. Rayquaza allows metagross to come in on a resisted attack and then set-up stealth rocks, as all of rayquaza’s weaknesses are metagrosses resistances.

This has been replaced with dragonite, who has the same moveset and a similar ev spread

He functions just as well but has trouble with the likes of kingra in rain etc.

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 376

Metagross@Lum berry
Nature – Adamant
Ability – Clear Body
EV’s HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4
Moves-
-Stealth Rock
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
- Light Screen

Here is my half support metagross, with max hp ev’s it can take a decent amount of special moves on the switch from rayquaza as well as physical moves. Stealth rock is necessary on almost every team, for this team it helps even more combined with sandstorm’s constant erosion. Not sure about light screen or reflect I can’t decide what is more of a threat to my team at this stage any suggestions? I did go with reflect as it helps Metagross and Erufuun, currently. Bullet punch is added priority so it can deal with things such as priority encore Erufuun and also now I can revenge kill ghosts as they may think I have pursuit. Earthquake deals with a lot of scrub and combines well with earthquake, only trouble is taunt gyarados and bulky waters, although that is what Erufuun can deal with.

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 547

Erufuun (aka Elfoon) @ Leftovers
Nature – Impish
Ability – Mischevious Heart
EV’s HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe / 252
Moves –
-Encore
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-U-turn

Here is my anti set-up disruption pokemon, priority encore when your opponent has set-up the turn before (I'm pretty sure thats how it works this gen and last gen). SubLeech seed with leftovers, but now Substitutes have priority, yay priority, meaning it can be invincible with the likes of Ubers running around, also it can be used when a new pokemon switches in along with encore the following turn (provided what move it is). U turn makes sure that it can stay on top even with the likes of taunt and shadow tag running around this gen. Max HP is to increase bulk in those substitutes, and max speed is so that it can escape unharmed with U-turn in an emergency. The idea with this pokemon is to cause switches, which is another vital reason for stealth rocks, also I decided not to run memento (which you saw in my “at a glance” but if someone can convince me that it is needed more than any of these moves I will consider it seriously. With Max HP and light screen on Erufuun can do some serious tanking.

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 130
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Nature – Impish
Ability – Intimidate (will consider the +1 boost with valid reasoning)
EV’s HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe / 252
Moves –
-Taunt
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance

A slightly bulkier Gyarados set but with the speed EV’s it still has the capability to annihilate. Taunt pairs well with Erufuun to make the opponent force into using struggle! This works really well with the fact the opponent is now -1. Stone Edge and Waterfall pair for almost perfect stab only stopped by nattorei (the grass/steel thing) but taunt sorts that out then a switch to Rayquaza with Fire Blast. Dragon Dance works well with the way it will get plenty of free switches. It pairs well typing wise but strategically it could be better (so if someone could suggest a moveset that would suite this team better, it would be appreciated).

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 248
Tyranitar @ Lum berry
Nature – Adamant
Ability – Sand Stream
EV’s HP / 252 Atk / 252
Moves-
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Superpower
-Dragon Tail

This pokemon is really my unknown poke... By this I mean it could really be anything just suggest a better strategy/moveset. Anyway I decided that this set would have pursuit on it due to the increase of cursed ghost types that will attempt to inflict burn or stop my precious Doryuuzu from sweeping opponent’s teams off the face of the earth. Lum berry means that ghosts cant put the burn on first time round. Stone edge provides super strong stab and superpower gets neutral effectiveness combined with pursuit to become a really decent sweeper. Then the final move, just something experimental, I will take any suggestions to change this move slot. This new move Dragon Tail, it works like whirlwind, except the opponent takes damage first, this seems like it could eliminate a threat on the switch (if I don’t want to use pursuit) such as fighting type pokemon wishing to eliminate my poke to set-up their weather.

Tyranitar has proven to be a weak link in the team, i have changed him to a choice-band set and have removed dragon tail and am trialing new moves, so far i have crunch in as pursuit is only situational

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 530

Doryuuzu @ Aiming Mark changed to balloon!!
Nature – Adamant
Ability – Sand Fence
EV’s HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe / 252
Moves-
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor

Woot! Now for the main sweeper, Doryuuzu! Sand fence boosts Doryuuzu’s already decent speed to 550! Swords Dance will easily be able to be used thanks to the effort of my team ensuring safe switches, Swords Dance boosts his attack to 810! Earthquake along with aiming mark kills soo much scrub, and then Rock Slide nets him the fabled EdgeQuake coverage just sadly without the ‘Edge’ but on the upside rock slide gives a nice chance of flinch and which it outspeeding 95% of opponents it can put that to use. X-Scissor gives Doryuuzu (allegedly) perfect coverage and also gives him something to hit grass types such as breloom with neutral damage.

So, here is my team, I'm actually pretty prowd of myself for fitting in almost every generation into this team (obviously not intentionally) and I hope you can help me to make this team really good. Also if people have good reasoning to change my EV spreads, then please tell me, but at the moment it seems everything requires max hp just to survive some of these new pokemon (such as doryuuzu).

Cheers, Saber Very Happy

Last edited by saber on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I trialed this team and decided it needs change)
saber
saber

Friend Code : Platinum FC: 1462-8841-7342

Back to top Go down

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen Empty Re: Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen

Post by Hyperbeem Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:54 am

My one suggestion is that you need a revenge killer. I suggest replacing Gyarados with:
Palkia @ Choice Scarf
4HP 252SpA 252Spd
Timid
Spacial Rend/Draco Meteor
Thunder
Fire Blast
Surf

Last edited by Hyperbeem on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Friend Code : Shoddy only *sigh*

Back to top Go down

Post by saber Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:36 pm

wow, thanks hyperbeem palkia would actually work pretty well, the only problem is that in several weeks time there is gonna be a banlist started and palkia will be one of the first ones to go up seeing how awesome it is, also rayquaza is gonna go up to uber too which would mean, i lose a 2 star players or i go up to ubers, either way ive gotta chop and change this team.

Does anyone have suggestions for replacement of rayquaza? I really like the way he acts as anti-weather but the next best thing is altaria, which sucks in 5th gen... sucks...
saber
saber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Salamence probably will not be uber. A mixed DD Mence might work.
Salamence @ Life Orb
4HP 252Atk 252Spd
Naive
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrant Tyranitar Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Huh? Palkia and Rayquaza are Ubers. So is everything but the three legendary dogs, birds, regis, Celebi, Jirachi, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, and Heatran
Tyrant Tyranitar
Tyrant Tyranitar

Friend Code : No wifi :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Nothing is banned in the fifth gen yet.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrant Tyranitar Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:46 pm

I'm confused 0_o, but still chances are the Ubers list will be the same plus the last several legendary Pokemon (excluding the two trios) Oh, and you might wanna take off Rayquaza for something else, as his Air Lock cancels Sand Stream and the benefits it reaps for your team
Tyrant Tyranitar
Tyrant Tyranitar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Yeah they will all be banned soon. Air lock doesn't cancel sand stream, its only while rayquaza is out.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrant Tyranitar Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Ahhh okay
Tyrant Tyranitar
Tyrant Tyranitar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Salamence should be good at wallbreaking and removing annoying grass types that may disrupt your sweeping, while also providing the physical power to be an offensive presence. I suggest a different Gyarados set.
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Impish
252HP 248Def 8SpD
Roar
Taunt
Waterfall
Bounce

This thing can cause paralasys and have a bit of power while mainly providing a method for setting up your sweepers. Use roar and taunt to shuffle pokemon or pseudohaze and taunting let's a sweeper set up if it's resistant to that pokemon.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by saber Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:23 pm

rayquaza is pretty much banned into what will be ubers anyway. Ive gone with dragonite instead of rayquaza as he functions as a weak version of rayquaza and ive tried him out and he can take quite a beating with his new ability.

Changes that i have made will be in Italics
saber
saber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperbeem Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Even with Extremespeed unless you need Superpower, Salamence outclasses Dragonite. I would use a mixed Salamence with Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, and Draco Meteor.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Back to top Go down

Post by saber Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Hey guys, i went for salamence over dragonite, my team sucks against gliscor so i added hydro pump. Also i gave thunderpunch to tyranitar over crunch, so he can revenge politoad (which for people who dont know) now has the ability Drizzle (auto-summons rain). So obviously this is a big threat to my team.
saber
saber

Back to top Go down

Post by raquaza Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Gyarados in not made of sand.
raquaza
raquaza

Friend Code : 5070 4074 6615

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Heh, l saw this Gyrados on PO and it is a great idea,
Gyrados @ Leftovers
252HP......
Roar
Dragon Tail
Waterfall
Taunt

With Stealth rocks up damage is Amazing form the switching You might want a spiker like Skarm or somethign of teh sorts I Don't know the Ev's or nature, but I'd Guess it is max Hp max Sp.def or Def with +def/Spdef -Sp.attack
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by bigboi23 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:23 pm

why are you using gyarados it sucks use another uber like MEWTWO or RESHIRAM they're good

bigboi23

Back to top Go down

Post by saber Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:00 pm

thanks for the rates guys, if you guys read italics i have changed rayquaza so i now fit into what will be OU. This team is pretty successful ive been changing around some moves as pokemon get more popular/less popular but overall im happy with this team.

i will test out those gyarados's that people have suggested and i am now trialing defensive/CM celebi over erufuun and it does really well especially against ditto.

saber
saber

Back to top Go down

Post by kance Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:52 pm

Kale12321 wrote:Heh, l saw this Gyrados on PO and it is a great idea,
Gyrados @ Leftovers
252HP......
Roar
Dragon Tail
Waterfall
Taunt

With Stealth rocks up damage is Amazing form the switching You might want a spiker like Skarm or somethign of teh sorts I Don't know the Ev's or nature, but I'd Guess it is max Hp max Sp.def or Def with +def/Spdef -Sp.attack

Using roar would be completely stupid since its the same as dragon tail just worse since it does no damage
kance
kance

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:21 pm

kance wrote:
Kale12321 wrote:Heh, l saw this Gyrados on PO and it is a great idea,
Gyrados @ Leftovers
252HP......
Roar
Dragon Tail
Waterfall
Taunt

Using roar would be completely stupid since its the same as dragon tail just worse since it does no damage

Yeah, it is, maybe try EQ/Stone edge instead
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by Porou Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:04 pm

First off, I just wanted to say:
I friggen' love this team!

Alright, that being said, let's get down to business. If the only reason you are using the dragon lead on the team is to counter Onokosu, I recommend switching to a Weavile lead. Weavile kills any dragon lead and has immense speed; it can also deal with Shandera which will probably make a common appearence in the new geneation's metagame and any Gliscor you are having difficulty with. This is what I had in mind:

Life's a beach RMT Sand 5th gen 461
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Nature - Jolly
Ability - Pressure
EV's HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe / 252
Moves-
-Pursuit
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch
-Taunt

Hope I helped !!! Smile

Last edited by porou on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Porou
Porou

Friend Code : 1634 7901 9880

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:04 am

Luke is like the best alternative to ray. Theire purposes were pretty much the same in ubers with SD set and luke can magic guard!
Calze6
Calze6

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse13 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:25 am

thats a good team.
Eclipse13
Eclipse13

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:43 am

Do not just rate by saying it's a good team. You must at least state one thing and a reason to help the team by making a change. Read the rules please.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by saber Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:44 pm

@Porou -The reason why i am using a dragon lead is actually to bring out and counter steels with fire blast. As my team has trouble with skarmory forretress etc. this effectively eliminates them.

@calze- Lucario is a good idea, i havent tried him in this team even though he is a renowned sand sweeper.

Does anyone have ideas for replacing gyarados? with lucario gliscor kinda fits on this team with toxic orb as my new fav pokemon but other suggestions for a gyarados replacement would be great.

Note: I appreciate that people like my team but please put in some sort of criticism not just "good team/like your team" otherwise as calze said its just spamming
saber
saber

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Keep gyara. It is fine here. But on erufuun, just go 252HP/252Def. Don't run U-turn and use taunt or stun spore as a pure staller and sub seeder.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next