Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Porou's Team

+8
shaymin69
kingofjazz
Shreyas
mr bunny man
PokeCenter
Keplen
OmegaForte
Porou
12 posters

Go down

Porou's Team Empty Porou's Team

Post by Porou Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:33 am

I've been all over team building lately, and I've already built 3 teams in the past week. I think I've finally settled on one team I really like, but I'm looking for some feedback from you guys to make it even better. Here's my newest OU Pokemon team:

Porou's Team 235
Jolly Smeargle @ Focus Sash - Own Tempo - Lead
EV's: 96 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset:
~Lunar Dance
~Spore
~Seismic Toss
~Destiny Bond

This lead allows you get a free Spore on the opponent then switch out to an appropriate counter. Seismic toss allows it to come in and finish any pokemon with 100 or less hp. Lunar Dance allows you to heal a pokemon you may need to win and Destiny Dond can be used if it's your only hope of beating something. So far the only weaknesses are lum berry leads, which if I ever run into will just Destiny Bond them.

Porou's Team 68
Jolly Machamp @ Muscle Band - No Guard - Physical Sweeper
EV's: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Moveset:
~Ice Punch
~Dynamicpunch
~Bullet Punch
~Payback

This lead is designed to combat nearly every lead in OU: suicide leads, sleep-inducing leads, and bulky leads are all handled effectively by this set. The idea is to dish out as much damage as possible, allowing your team to gain momentum at the start of the match. Suicide leads like Azelf and Aerodactyl are disposed of by the appropriate move followed by Bullet Punch. Sleep-inducing leads like Roserade, Smeargle, and Breloom are rendered useless thanks to Lum Berry. Bulky leads such as Swampert and Hippowdon have a fair amount of difficulty making a move due to the confusion provided by DynamicPunch.

That's what you'd expect from this Machamp, but I like my Smeargle too much. Anyways, when Smeargle brings the sleep to the game, he switches and Machamp brings the pain. He works basically the same as a lead only after I use Smeargle. He's got some good moves and nasty attack, and with help from the rest of the team he can actually be a pretty.....really incredible sweeper after paralysis via Blissey/Togekiss.

Porou's Team 468
Calm Togekiss @ Leftovers – Serene Grace – “Special Sweeper”
EV’s: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Moveset:
~Roost
~Thunder Wave
~Air Slash
~Aura Sphere

This Togekiss is designed to prevent the opposing pokemon from attacking while you just tear away at it. First you paralyze it, cutting its speed and keeping it from attacking occasionally. Stack those odds on with the Serene Grace – enhanced Air Slash and the other pokemon will almost never make a move. Roost is a reliable recovery move, and Aura Sphere offers a bit of coverage outside of Air Slash.

Porou's Team 227
Impish Skarmory @ Leftovers - Keen Eye - Spiky Wall
EV's: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe
Moveset:
~Drill Peck
~Roost
~Spikes
~Whirlwind

Skarmory is one of the best physical walls in the metagame, and fits this team quite nicely. He can take lots of damage, and he's not afraid of Ground- types. Brave Bird deals with all those pesky Grass- types this team is so afraid of. Roost is a somewhat reliable recovery move and can work wonders in certain situations. Spikes is great for causing damage to switch-ins, and combined with whirlwind, allows the bird to scout while causing damage at the same time. I prefer using Drill Peck over Brave Bird on this set because the recoil damage is too much for me.

Porou's Team 242
Bold Blissey @ Leftovers - Natural Cure - Special Tank
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Moveset:
~Stealth Rock
~Softboiled
~Seismic Toss
~Thunder Wave

Blissey. 'Nuff said. (Actually, I use Stealth Rocks on this set which might look a bit weird, but hey, why not?)

Porou's Team 344
Careful Claydol @ Light Clay - Levitate - Utility Screener
EVs: 252/Hp, 80/Def, 176/SpD
-Explosion
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Rapid Spin

This set is a combonation of a lead Claydol and a Rapid Spinning Claydol. I was going to use Stealth Rock as opposed to Rapid Spin, but I feel uncomfortable without Rapid Spin support, plus, I gave another member on my team a little unexpected entry hazard to compensate Wink . Anyways, Claydol gets rid of entry hazards, sets up the screens to help out my sweepers, then commits suicide in hopes of bringing down its opponent with it.
Porou
Porou

Friend Code : 1634 7901 9880

Back to top Go down

Porou's Team Empty Re: Porou's Team

Post by OmegaForte Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:08 pm

First of all, the Skarmbliss combo phails. Second, why should you have two leads? That one wasted space can be for a late game sweeper or another stall Pokemon. (Since it looks like it's heading this way)

Other than that, nice Smeargle lead.
OmegaForte
OmegaForte

Friend Code : XXXX-XXXX-X945 (Almost like SSN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Porou Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:54 pm

OmegaForte wrote:First of all, the Skarmbliss combo phails. Second, why should you have two leads? That one wasted space can be for a late game sweeper or another stall Pokemon. (Since it looks like it's heading this way)

I use Machamp as a sweeper after I set up paralysis. And I know SkarmBliss is waaaay too overrated, but....it works.
Porou
Porou

Friend Code : 1634 7901 9880

Back to top Go down

Post by Keplen Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:02 pm

cool team pro.

Keplen

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaForte Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:46 pm

porou wrote:
OmegaForte wrote:First of all, the Skarmbliss combo phails. Second, why should you have two leads? That one wasted space can be for a late game sweeper or another stall Pokemon. (Since it looks like it's heading this way)

I use Machamp as a sweeper after I set up paralysis. And I know SkarmBliss is waaaay too overrated, but....it works.
I thinks Gallade+Sword Dance is better sweeper with paralysis support. Lol imo though, since it works for me.
OmegaForte
OmegaForte

Friend Code : XXXX-XXXX-X945 (Almost like SSN)

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:31 pm

I recommend tossing the Blissey because it's not original.
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Friend Code : Diamond: 1763-7519-2717

Back to top Go down

Post by mr bunny man Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:59 pm

I think pokemon center is right (Not becues he is admin) blissey could have a slowbro wall put in its place becuse you have no defence and if could be support as well. however slowbro is not the best. It could take out those pesky fire and poision types.

mr bunny man

Friend Code : SS:472729084395

Back to top Go down

Post by Shreyas Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:05 am

Your team is pretty good. First off, I would change your Machamp to a lead while still keeping that Smeargle in the team. Machamp does a Much better job. Change it's nature to Adamant since he wont be outspeeding many leads anyway. Muscle Band barely helps at all. Give it Lum Berry to counter some status leads and you want to take full advantage of No Guard, so give it Stone Edge since it has more coverage than Ice Punch. As for Smeargle: Usually Smeargles are slow and not reliable in speed at all, so give it choice scarf+trick instead of Lunar Dance since Trick can cripple some pokemon and Smeargle can get off a fast spore on opponents aswell as a fast destiny bond when required and great revenge killing capabilities with seismic toss. Sash usually NEVER helps at all. Your Togekiss does not play a good special sweeping role. I suggest replacing The nature to Modest with the EV Spread, 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe. That spread can outspeed +Speed 252 EVs Tyranitar and OHKO with Air Slash. Thunder Wave still helps you with faster foes.

Overall: Infernape kills your team.

Hope it helps ^_^
Shreyas
Shreyas

Friend Code : 0045-5475-0408

Back to top Go down

Post by kingofjazz Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Nice team, i too also think Blissey should go!
kingofjazz
kingofjazz

Friend Code : 2107-1100-9107

Back to top Go down

Post by Shreyas Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:26 pm

If Blissey is removed, it would throw the team off balance.
Shreyas
Shreyas

Back to top Go down

Post by shaymin69 Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Switch Smeargle with Machamp and switch machamp's item to Lum Berry as sleeper leads aer getting common. You also use a lot of old strategies which dont work out too much anymore as people have learned new strats to overcome yours. For example, your whole team could be KO'd be DD tyranitar except for your two leads and having 2 leads isn't such sa great idea.
shaymin69
shaymin69

Friend Code : HG-3996-9175-6415

Back to top Go down

Post by Shreyas Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:04 pm

No, this team has Skarmory to whirl wind DDance T-Tars. More reason to give Smeargle a Scarf w/ Trick.

EDIT: If you really want to remove Blissey, Snorlax would play the same role with Curse and Thick Fat.
Shreyas
Shreyas

Back to top Go down

Post by raquaza Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:07 am

That`s a good team, but i prefer metagross in front of Claydol.
raquaza
raquaza

Friend Code : 5070 4074 6615

Back to top Go down

Post by Shreyas Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:58 pm

raquaza wrote:That`s a good team, but i prefer metagross in front of Claydol.

Since this team needs s spinner, Claydol should stay. Metagross, however, could play the same role as claydol, but not as well.
Shreyas
Shreyas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrant Tyranitar Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Take out the SkarmBliss combo + use Starmie instead of Claydol and put Machamp as a lead or take your current lead + Machamp out.
Tyrant Tyranitar
Tyrant Tyranitar

Friend Code : No wifi :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood_Moon69 Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Scarm/bliss is actually banned from the meta-game. No blissy if you want this team to be usable.

As already said bulk snorlax is a good replacement.

This team also has a suicune weakness. If he sets up CM he'll prance around your team like a little pony. Now he can set up on smeargal(if he already put one of my pokes to sleep) and claydol whis is one too many in my standard. This doesn't just appy to suicune either. I was using him as a example.

If you're using Togekiss as a sweeper(which IS what he's marked as) then he should have nasty plot. He has good enough DE and SD to take a hit making setting up easier compaired to some other set ups. This works beautifully and has one me at least two 5-0's and ruined teams of my own.

Now something to consider is a bulky cro-tar insted of blissy/snorlax. He has pretty good SD and equiped with curse he walls a good number of things once he's up and running. You'll have to be careful of lucarios which are being really over used right now and 4x STAB ftL
Blood_Moon69
Blood_Moon69

Friend Code : 1205-1873-0044

Back to top Go down

Post by Bj Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Great team! I wish I had it Razz
Bj
Bj

Friend Code : 2966 4661 7946

Back to top Go down