Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prof Oak is a bit unprepared (in the anime)

5 posters

Go down

Prof Oak is a bit unprepared (in the anime) Empty Prof Oak is a bit unprepared (in the anime)

Post by Hydrocannon Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Think about this. On the first episode of pokemon, Oak had only three pokemon, when there are clearly 4 trainers.
So he just decides the first 3 trainers will get pokemon, while the 4th is stuck with a jerk of a pikachu.
That just seems messed up to me.
What if Ash, Gary and whatever other two trainers had all raced to get there, and Ash had just happened to be last by a few seconds?
When you think of it, no matter what, someone would have to be last. So Oak is basically saying "it's first come first serve!". That seems a bit messed up since these kids have their hearts set on going out into the world of pokemon.

My friend thought of that one day, and I just wanted to know what everybody else thought.

Last edited by Hydrocannon on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hydrocannon
Hydrocannon

Friend Code : 1419 9372 9196

Back to top Go down

Prof Oak is a bit unprepared (in the anime) Empty Re: Prof Oak is a bit unprepared (in the anime)

Post by blazingf Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:34 pm

I disagree. It wasn't Oak's fault that Ash overslept and ended up with a Pikachu. Would it be fair if the first trainer got stuck with a Pikachu when they wanted a Squirtle. It's like saying you buy seats to a concert 3 months in advance and somebody who bought their ticket 5 minutes ago gets a better seat. Blame Ash but not Oak.
blazingf
blazingf

Friend Code : 4725 9076 4641

Back to top Go down

Prof Oak is a bit unprepared (in the anime) Empty Re: Prof Oak is a bit unprepared (in the anime)

Post by Jayorw Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Also, that's just one event. Oak has gone around watching Ash's Pokemon battles, supporting him all the way. Also, when Ash wants to go to a new region and leave his old Pokemon (besides Pikachu) behind, he drops them off at Prof. Oak's lab. How many people would just "hold" pokemon for people?
Jayorw
Jayorw

Friend Code : SS- 3524 5146 5032

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrocannon Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm not saying that, i'm just saying, he knew there were 4 new trainers coming that day, yet decided to only have 3 starters.
He should have at least had a 4th starter.
What would have happened if all 4 trainers get there at the same time?
You'd have 4 people asking for pokemon, but only 3 would get them.
It is Ash's fault for being late, but if he and the other 3 were all on time, it would be completely unfair
Hydrocannon
Hydrocannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayorw Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Hydrocannon wrote:I'm not saying that, i'm just saying, he knew there were 4 new trainers coming that day, yet decided to only have 3 starters.
He should have at least had a 4th starter.
What would have happened if all 4 trainers get there at the same time?
You'd have 4 people asking for pokemon, but only 3 would get them.
It is Ash's fault for being late, but if he and the other 3 were all on time, it would be completely unfair

But Oak is not selling these Pokemon, he's giving them out for FREE. He doesn't HAVE to give out ANY pokemon. So that shows already that Oak is a nice person.
Jayorw
Jayorw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:45 pm

I should lock this to avoid a Prof. Oak Lible lawsuit :<
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Friend Code : 0732 7475 5767

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrocannon Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:47 pm

True. I still think that's kind of poor planning at the very least on Oaks part.
I know he's a nice guy for holding all of Ash pokemon, especially Muk, but if he was going to give away the pokemon, he should have had 4 since there were 4 trainers.
It's kind of like bringing enough candy for the whole class.
If you're doing something nice, you should do it for everyone, not just a few people.
Oak uses pokedollarsl, what use would he have for our currency?
Hydrocannon
Hydrocannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayorw Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Hydrocannon wrote:True. I still think that's kind of poor planning at the very least on Oaks part.
I know he's a nice guy for holding all of Ash pokemon, especially Muk, but if he was going to give away the pokemon, he should have had 4 since there were 4 trainers.
It's kind of like bringing enough candy for the whole class.
If you're doing something nice, you should do it for everyone, not just a few people.
Oak uses pokedollarsl, what use would he have for our currency?

Ok, that's a fair point, but I wouldn't call Oak a "jerk". I'd just say he was "unprepared" for that one moment.
Jayorw
Jayorw

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMoon Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Hydrocannon wrote:Think about this. On the first episode of pokemon, Oak had only three pokemon, when there are clearly 4 trainers.
So he just decides the first 3 trainers will get pokemon, while the 4th is stuck with a jerk of a pikachu.
That just seems messed up to me.
What if Ash, Gary and whatever other two trainers had all raced to get there, and Ash had just happened to be last by a few seconds?
When you think of it, no matter what, someone would have to be last. So Oak is basically saying "it's first come first serve!". That seems a bit messed up since these kids have their hearts set on going out into the world of pokemon.

My friend thought of that one day, and I just wanted to know what everybody else thought.
i think he knew ash & pikachu were ment 4 each other, look @ the movie, celebii voice of the forest for a big example. oak met ash during the time paradox, thus meaning oak met ash & pikachu 30 years before ash was born, by oaks time line. sure he can be abstant minded(so can ash & him mom), but ashs looks don't change much & oak probaby realized that the ash from pallet, & the ash he met during the time slip were the same. then he chaugt pikachu & saw the big picture.
ShadowMoon
ShadowMoon

Friend Code : platinum: 3481-3845-8295 heartgold: 3481-4876-1550 battle rev: 5156-9587-6900

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down