Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Input for my team please !

+7
woopity3
Viper_Support25
blazingf
Kale12321
ymlord
Ichimarunico
Nikinho
11 posters

Go down

Input for my team please ! Empty Input for my team please !

Post by Nikinho Fri May 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Alright guys just wondering your opinion on my team, its fairly new starting out so i'm no all pro and whatnot, bad or good criticism is welcome whatever helps Smile

1. Tyranitar, Timid - At 248 Def 244 Sp at 224 sp def 216 speed 158 HP 329 Item : Leftovers
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone edge
Blizzard

2.Dragonite - Naughty - At 275 def 200 sp at 207 sp def 158 speed 166 HP 234 Item Nevermelt ice
Outrage
Ice beam
Thunder
Fly

3.Charizard - Mild - At 219 Def 203 Sp at 264 Sp def 194 Speed 223 Item Charcoal
Fly
Heat wave
Focus blast
Blast burn

4.Gyarados - Serious - At 286 Def 181 Sp at 174 sp def 226 speed 186 Item focus sash
Dragon dance
waterfall
ice fang
brine

5.Scizor - Gentle At 274 Def 194 SP at 134 sp def 205 speed 160
X scissor
U turn
Ariel ace
Roost

6. Lucario - Hardy - At 336 Def 161 sp at 269 sp def 183 speed 216 Item Fist plate
Extreme speed
Dragon pulse
Aura sphere
Close combat
Nikinho
Nikinho

Back to top Go down

Input for my team please ! Empty Re: Input for my team please !

Post by Ichimarunico Fri May 28, 2010 10:29 pm

Nature's aside, this looks like a pretty decent set-up. If you can get them, better held items would help your set as well. For instance, Life Orb on that Dragonite would greatly increase his power on all attacks instead of a meager 10% addition to Ice Beam. Also, your Gyarados is bulky enough not to be 1-hit by most pokemon (aside from obvious counters, which he shouldn't be switching into anyway), so Focus Sash is really wasted on him. With the Dragon Dance setup, most prefer Leftovers or Life Orb.
Same deal with most held items, really, but what you have works if you don't have access to Battle Tower type things like the Choice items. Overall good team, though, you have pretty good type coverage. You should consider dropping at least one of your attackers for a true cleric/wall (Celebi, Blissey, etc)
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Friend Code : 0732 7475 5767

Back to top Go down

Post by ymlord Sat May 29, 2010 6:49 am

Ichimarunico wrote:Nature's aside, this looks like a pretty decent set-up. If you can get them, better held items would help your set as well. For instance, Life Orb on that Dragonite would greatly increase his power on all attacks instead of a meager 10% addition to Ice Beam. Also, your Gyarados is bulky enough not to be 1-hit by most pokemon (aside from obvious counters, which he shouldn't be switching into anyway), so Focus Sash is really wasted on him. With the Dragon Dance setup, most prefer Leftovers or Life Orb.
Same deal with most held items, really, but what you have works if you don't have access to Battle Tower type things like the Choice items. Overall good team, though, you have pretty good type coverage. You should consider dropping at least one of your attackers for a true cleric/wall (Celebi, Blissey, etc)
I agree with Ichimaruncho on the fact that you need a wall. My favorite and ost used wall I think is Aggron because of him being steel and rock his defense is huge i ean right now im training an aron and at lvl 28 it has 80 defence already.
ymlord
ymlord

Friend Code : 0603 5480 3153

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikinho Sat May 29, 2010 7:51 am

Yeah man thanks I really need some better items ! And i'm looking into Blissey for a wall maybe dropping scizor ? not to sure yet, Thanks guys all much appreciated Smile
Nikinho
Nikinho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Sat May 29, 2010 7:58 am

Yeah I'd say the Scizor, unless you play on Platinum or battle a lot of people that do. Tyranitar is a no-no for Platinum over wifi battles because it can screw up the weather.
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikinho Sat May 29, 2010 8:05 am

Yeah i'm on Heart gold so it's fine i'll probably lose scizor and look for a Blissey Smile,
Nikinho
Nikinho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Sat May 29, 2010 8:09 am

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Acid_rain
Make sure nobody uses Pursuit when weather's in effect or everyone loses. Sad
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Sat May 29, 2010 8:16 am

Natures need a little help though your Tyranitar is timid which is +speed which is a good thing but it is also -attack if you want more speed with it try Jolly which is +speed - special attack
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingf Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 am

I would get rid of fly or blastburn for dragon pulse and maybe hidden power depending on the type.
blazingf
blazingf

Friend Code : 4725 9076 4641

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikinho Sat May 29, 2010 11:51 am

Yeah fly isn't really that effective for me, i'm considering getting stealth rock on the Tyranitar aswell but hmm
Nikinho
Nikinho

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper_Support25 Sat May 29, 2010 12:00 pm

You need max stats and good natures. Move sets are TERRIBLE. They are basically all the same type
Viper_Support25
Viper_Support25

Friend Code : 3825-1048-9730

Back to top Go down

Post by woopity3 Sat May 29, 2010 8:41 pm

the stats arent very good but nice move choice

woopity3

Back to top Go down

Post by snuffleoffagus Sat May 29, 2010 9:22 pm

There are several problems with this team, the most notable of which being the lack of walls. On any team I make, I like to keep at least one physical and one special wall. I would recommend adding a Weezing in place of Scizor with wil o wisp into you your team, it walls physically as well as cuts attack of possible physical threats if you get the wil o wisp off. I also recommend ditching the Charizard for a Slowking with Thunder Wave, which will wall specials as well as let you greatly reduce the speed of other threats. A second problem is your Pokemon's stats are not up to par. I recommend you check out an EV training guide, which can be found by searching "EV training guide" on any search engine. Another glaring problem I found in this team is your movesets are not very good. Almost all of your movesets have a problem or two. A final thing I'll point out is most items you equipped are not very viable with your Pokemon.
snuffleoffagus
snuffleoffagus

Friend Code : Main (HG)-3481 5174 5889

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:57 pm

e get a better move set there
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by Eureka7 Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:54 pm

your team looks preety good yo!!!
Eureka7
Eureka7

Friend Code : 3438-8683-5594

Back to top Go down

Post by ShutterBox Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Eureka7 wrote:your team looks preety good yo!!!

Most of your posts are borderline spam. Please write responses with more substance.
ShutterBox
ShutterBox

Friend Code : 3395-7693-5012

Back to top Go down

Post by jolteon00 Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:37 am

Ditch blast burn. You have heat wave already, and it's really just.. not good, frankly. Blazingf is right when he says to use dragon pulse.

You might want something that gyarados can switch into when the inevitable tbolt user comes his way, as it does in a variety of forms. A special wall like blissey would do it, or something that absorbs/is unaffected by electric.

Also you have a lot of flying moves on your team. Just saying.

Keep an eye on your stats - pokemon with strong attack get physical moves and pokemon with strong spack get special moves. And make sure your type coverage doesn't get too redundant.
jolteon00
jolteon00

Friend Code : 0475 1848 3945

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down