In-game and semi competitive online teams

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Calze6 wrote:Use heatran to wall scizor. Steelix can't OHKO it and then gets killed by superpower.

Yeah, uh, does everyone carry a Scizor on a team? And in the event that a Scizor comes out, I have a Starmie that can outspeed and OHKO Scizor with Surf. And if you're thinking Bullet Punch, Bullet Punch cannot KO Starmie.


Calze6 wrote:Get rid of dodrio and cacturne and pursuit over outrage on t-tar.

Haha, Pursuit on Tyranitar? You do know that it's Scarfed, right?


saber wrote:I know dodrio and cacturne are probably your favourite pokemon or something

There're not, most of my favorites are in UU. These are just some of the NUs I like, and can work with. Anyways, what's wrong with using favorite pokemon?
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by saber on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:46 pm

saber wrote:
I know dodrio and cacturne are probably your favourite pokemon or something
There're not, most of my favorites are in UU. These are just some of the NUs I like, and can work with. Anyways, what's wrong with using favorite pokemon?.

Dude, did you actually read anything else that i said? It seems like your picking out all the negative parts and not reading into the fact we are actually trying to help you out with your team.

FYI I never said there is anything wrong with using favourite pokemon, just base the team so that they fit not chucking them in BECAUSE they are your favourite pokemon despite whether they fit ot not.
avatar
saber

Posts : 34
Friend Code : Platinum FC: 1462-8841-7342

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:35 pm

That's why you should put pursuit on t-tar. If starmie doesn't switch on it, it gets 2HKOed. If Starmie/gengar etc does switch, it gets OHKOed. This is scarf tar. Pursuit is in fact the main move. Scizor is used 1 in every 4 teams. These pokes are NU and suck. Competitive players don't use favourites. You clearly don't know much about competitive pokemon especially if you think scarf tar is rare. It is the most common t-tar set. I'm closing this on the basis of an sub par team.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PokeCenter on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:19 pm

Cal there just getting their teams rated it's fine. You can make suggestions to them, but try to be a bit nicer and not bashing them in the face.

_________________
Quick Links: Chat - Rules - Donate - Poke Prizes
avatar
PokeCenter

Posts : 3201
Friend Code : Diamond: 1763-7519-2717

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:25 pm

saber wrote:
saber wrote:
I know dodrio and cacturne are probably your favourite pokemon or something
There're not, most of my favorites are in UU. These are just some of the NUs I like, and can work with. Anyways, what's wrong with using favorite pokemon?.

Dude, did you actually read anything else that i said? It seems like your picking out all the negative parts and not reading into the fact we are actually trying to help you out with your team.

FYI I never said there is anything wrong with using favourite pokemon, just base the team so that they fit not chucking them in BECAUSE they are your favourite pokemon despite whether they fit ot not.

I've read everything, and I appreciate it. That statement stood out, that's why I replied to it.
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:04 pm

PokeCenter wrote:Cal there just getting their teams rated it's fine. You can make suggestions to them, but try to be a bit nicer and not bashing them in the face.

You don't understand. On top of the fact that it is a terrible team, he refuses to listen to good advice that will clearly make the team better.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Calze6 wrote:That's why you should put pursuit on t-tar. If starmie doesn't switch on it, it gets 2HKOed. If Starmie/gengar etc does switch, it gets OHKOed. This is scarf tar. Pursuit is in fact the main move. Scizor is used 1 in every 4 teams. These pokes are NU and suck. Competitive players don't use favourites. You clearly don't know much about competitive pokemon especially if you think scarf tar is rare. It is the most common t-tar set. I'm closing this on the basis of an sub par team.

I've never said Scarfed Tyranitar was rare.
Competitive players don't use favorites? I know alot of competitive players who'd disagree with that statement.
And was insulting my intelligence really necessary?
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Calze6 wrote:
PokeCenter wrote:Cal there just getting their teams rated it's fine. You can make suggestions to them, but try to be a bit nicer and not bashing them in the face.

You don't understand. On top of the fact that it is a terrible team, he refuses to listen to good advice that will clearly make the team better.

No, you keep saying that the NUs are bad, and you're only focusing on my weaknesses. You find SOME WAY to make this team look horrible, and some of the reasons you give aren't even as common as you think. You haven't even seen this team in battle. You're not giving it a chance. And you've mentioned nothing but OUs for counters/replacements. I have a feeling you hate everything that is below OU, which isn't very professional.
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:14 pm

But NUs are bad, you see. That's why they are "Neverused". Not only are they outclassed, but they are also setup bait. when rating a team, the only thing to focus on IS weaknesses. How does saying "good team" help you? The fact that YOU aren't professional is obvious. OUs are what you will be facing most of the time. Only like 1 in 10 teams (good teams) have a member that isn't OU. The fact that in a good team, there will be almost certainly one of these threats in them that will sweep your team doesn't help either. And you didn't thing pursuit on scarf tar is good. that just shows you lack of competitive knowledge.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Calze6 wrote:But NUs are bad, you see. That's why they are "Neverused". Not only are they outclassed, but they are also setup bait. when rating a team, the only thing to focus on IS weaknesses. How does saying "good team" help you? The fact that YOU aren't professional is obvious. OUs are what you will be facing most of the time. Only like 1 in 10 teams (good teams) have a member that isn't OU. The fact that in a good team, there will be almost certainly one of these threats in them that will sweep your team doesn't help either. And you didn't thing pursuit on scarf tar is good. that just shows you lack of competitive knowledge.

Pursuit does not sound good to me, because if I'm already locked into an Attack, HOW am I gonna Pursuit? I'd have to switch, then switch back. If they use a pokemon that can be weak to Pursuit, they will predict it and NOT switch to survive. Scarf is for extra speed. Pursuit is for switch priority. People will expect Pursuit on a Scarf Tyranitar. THAT'S why i'm not using Pursuit. And i'd really appreciate it if you stop insulting my intelligence, because frankly, it's getting me angry, and it's really unnecessary.
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:38 pm

WHAT? You are meant to switch t-tar INTO starmie, gengar, etc and then you can trap it by using pursuit. You are getting me angry. You have little knowledge of competitive battling and in case you didn't realise, i am a mod. The fact that you can't actually do anything against pursuit tar is also important. You can't stop it from revenging a team. Standard is standard cuz it is good. Pursuit should be the main move.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Calze6 wrote:But NUs are bad, you see. That's why they are "Neverused".

All Pokemon are able to be used well IF used correctly. NUs are just harder to use. It takes more skill to win with an NU rather than something like an OU or an NU. If you just use OU and Uber in battle, that means you suck. All Pokemon can work if you know how to use them.

Perfect example- Ampharos. Ampharos can do a SubPunch set similar to Tyranitar to counter Skarmory and Blissey rather effectively. It is better because it does automatically set up Sandstorm once it is sent out and can use a STAB Thunderbolt. Sandstorm would cancel out all Leftovers and Sashes on the opponents team.

avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:48 pm

WRONG. Some pokemon are better than others. Skill relies on both team building AND battling. Ampharos can really counter them can they? Amphy switches in. T-tar used EQ. Dead. Try using ditto or unown properly, btw. The reason why a battle is OU is because you are meant to use OU pokes. besides, I can beat your team with UUs.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Calze6 wrote:WHAT? You are meant to switch t-tar INTO starmie, gengar, etc and then you can trap it by using pursuit. You are getting me angry. You have little knowledge of competitive battling and in case you didn't realise, i am a mod. The fact that you can't actually do anything against pursuit tar is also important. You can't stop it from revenging a team. Standard is standard cuz it is good. Pursuit should be the main move.

Firstly, you're only a Junior Moderator. Don't think you're so intimdating. And again, with insulting my intelligence. Do you even acknowledge the fact of the OTHER Pokemon on the team? No. You're just focusing on one thing. I've seen your type before. Obsessed with Standard sets, obsessed with Smogon. People like you make me sick. It's your kind that ruins competitive battling for everyone. Now, if you would stop being the ignorant jerk that you are, you would stop thinking about "Most Common" and "Standard". Because, believe it or not, Standard sets are history. Everyone knows about them, everyone knows how to counter them. I'm not usually this harsh, but you're brought the rage out of me. Seriously. I can't believe someone can be so stubborn and ignorant. Go into the Metagame with OUs/Ubers with standard sets. Go right ahead. I'd love to watch you humiliate yourself.
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PokeWorldBW on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:56 pm

Calze6 wrote:WRONG. Some pokemon are better than others. Skill relies on both team building AND battling. Ampharos can really counter them can they? Amphy switches in. T-tar used EQ. Dead. Try using ditto or unown properly, btw. The reason why a battle is OU is because you are meant to use OU pokes. besides, I can beat your team with UUs.

So what? I could beat an Ubers team with UUs and NUs. Like he said, "All Pokemon are able to be used well IF used correctly." A true champion can use any type of team and win against any type of team.

PokeWorldBW

Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PokeWorldBW on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Very well done team, although some choices seem a bit strange. Looks like a team made more for Random Wifi on Pokemon Battle Revolution rather than in certain tiers. Knowing what you intend with this team, I'd give it an 8/10.

My Suggestions:
- Put the Focus Sash on Dodrio. It really needs it, and it works better than Endure because it's already really frail and it can work if you mispredict them not attacking. I also suggest Endeavor over Endure so you can still hit Steels, Rocks, and Walls hard. I'd also give it Taunt over Agility because leads are meant to lead, not sweep. It will also force the opponent to attack you, mostly likely bringing you down to your Sash.
- Get rid of Iron Head on Steelix. Gyro Ball is already a good enough attack and having two Steel moves limits coverage, especially since Steel is only super effective on Rock and Ice. I'd suggest something like Stone Edge to hit Pokemon like Gyarados, Zapdos, or Moltres providing you don't die first. You could also go for Explosion or Ice Fang.
- Also, why do you have a Sash on Cacturne when it has 252 EVs in Special Defense??? That's really redundant. Also, decide if you want your Cacturne to be an annoyer abusing Sandstorm or an Attacker. If you want an attacker, I'd suggest Seed Bomb, Sucker Punch, Focus Punch, and Substitute with a Liechi Berry if you play by item clause (Dodrio should have Focus Sash). If you decide to keep the Sash on Cacturne then Counter/Destiny Bond. If you want it to be an annoyer, I say Substitute, Leech Seed, Encore/Spikes/Teeter Dance, and Seed Bomb. (Giga Drain if you want to rebreed it because it's Adamant)

PokeWorldBW

Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:13 pm

PokeWorldBW wrote:Very well done team, although some choices seem a bit strange. Looks like a team made more for Random Wifi on Pokemon Battle Revolution rather than in certain tiers. Knowing what you intend with this team, I'd give it an 8/10.

My Suggestions:
- Put the Focus Sash on Dodrio. It really needs it, and it works better than Endure because it's already really frail and it can work if you mispredict them not attacking. I also suggest Endeavor over Endure so you can still hit Steels, Rocks, and Walls hard. I'd also give it Taunt over Agility because leads are meant to lead, not sweep. It will also force the opponent to attack you, mostly likely bringing you down to your Sash.
- Get rid of Iron Head on Steelix. Gyro Ball is already a good enough attack and having two Steel moves limits coverage, especially since Steel is only super effective on Rock and Ice. I'd suggest something like Stone Edge to hit Pokemon like Gyarados, Zapdos, or Moltres providing you don't die first. You could also go for Explosion or Ice Fang.
- Also, why do you have a Sash on Cacturne when it has 252 EVs in Special Defense??? That's really redundant. Also, decide if you want your Cacturne to be an annoyer abusing Sandstorm or an Attacker. If you want an attacker, I'd suggest Seed Bomb, Sucker Punch, Focus Punch, and Substitute with a Liechi Berry if you play by item clause (Dodrio should have Focus Sash). If you want it to be an annoyer, I say Substitute, Leech Seed, Encore/Spikes/Teeter Dance, and Seed Bomb. (Giga Drain if you want to rebreed it)

Thank you, a positive comment. Maybe my EVs are a little off, i'll apply 252 for Speed rather than Special Defense then.

And it's really not for a certain tier. Hence the title of the thread. Rolling Eyes
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:12 pm

What is the point of a positive comment? This team, any good player will know, is definitely not good. Not only that you refuse to listen to my advice, but you insist that all my knowledge is not good and somehow everyone should use NUs in OU.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:59 am

Calze6 wrote:What is the point of a positive comment? This team, any good player will know, is definitely not good. Not only that you refuse to listen to my advice, but you insist that all my knowledge is not good and somehow everyone should use NUs in OU.

It's not that i'm refusing, it's just that you keep saying "this team sucks", and think that NUs can't do damage in OU. Again, you've never SEEN the team in battle, and you're not giving it a chance. There's a way to criticize someone without totally hurting their feelings. If you think a team needs to be improved, you can give advice or suggestions to make it better, but saying something "sucks" and that "NUs are weak" is really uncalled for. Like my friend PokeWorld said, all pokemon can be used if used properly. OUs are not invincible.
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Kale12321 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Calze6 wrote:What is the point of a positive comment? This team, any good player will know, is definitely not good. Not only that you refuse to listen to my advice, but you insist that all my knowledge is not good and somehow everyone should use NUs in OU.
I know l'm jumping into an argument that really isn't mine, but on Smogon, l have looked around at the RMT's and a lot of the comments are "Nice team, but you could try......" or "This team looks great!" something along those lines. It is positive and constructive. I don't know how well this team functions at all and l cannot say that it is bad or good. On paper it seems like it would be horrible, but it might do decent. And positive comments are what help people know what they did is good so they can do it again if needed. Saying "You did this well, but l don't like this," help them know what you like about their team, while it may not improve the team much, if it is an original idea, it shows that they made a good choice and it may not be so easy to predict. Positive comments help the player know what they did well. Negative comments help players improve their teams, but can also sound harsh. Some of your comments are constructive, but are really harsh and can hurt feelings.

He is also not saying everyone should use NU's in Ou. He is just stating that they can work. Take Quaqsire. He can even be used in Ubers, but he is only NU. Other pokemon can work in higher tiers than just what they are assigned. I know most, if not all teams, can use or need improvement, but you do not need to bash a pokemon choice just because of its tier. I know pokemon are put in a certain tier because that is mainly where they work best, but that doesn't mean someone can't battle with pokemon from lower tiers just because they are form a lower tier.
avatar
Kale12321

Posts : 660
Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Markus's PBR team 2...

Post by Markus on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:17 am

here my second rmt:
All of these are level 50.
For the vulture mod: this is gen 4 incase you didn't know PBR is gen 4.

Lucario:
ability: Steadfast
Item: muscle band
EV Spread: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
Nature: Adamant

140 hp
172 ATK
84 Def
111 SP ATK
82 SP Def
134 Spd

Moves:
Shadow claw
Extreme speed
Flame kick
Sky uppercut

I wanted i nice strong physical attack, and lucario was the only one i had readily available, so i asked my friend to give me a torchic, trained it to lvl 65 myself and bred it with a female lucario and this is what came out Razz

torterra:
Ability:Overgrow
Nature: Relaxed
EV Spread: Unknown...
Item: quick claw(in PBR) or Yache berry
Moves:
Earthquake
Synthysis
Frenzy plant
Crunch
173 HP
127 Atk
137 Def
104 sp atk
97 sp def
72 Spd

My second, and third, most loved pokemon, after Lunch and Latias, I didn't know about EV's or what SP ATK ment so he has kind of a bad moveset, but it works pretty well with Heatran, because they're almost opposites.

cloyster:
Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Hasty
EV Spread: No EV's
Item: sea incense

Moveset:
Leer
Clamp
Ice Shard
Aurora Beam

114 atk
179 def
102 sp atk
58 sp def
90 spd
Was looking for a tank, found one here she is. My one and only tank in pokemon, but I haven't trained her at all exept to evolve her. getting better movesets atm for her because all her moves are horrid.

Azelf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
Item: Leftovers
EV Spread:4 hp 252 sp atk 252 Speed
Moveset:
Extrasensory
Uproar
Fire blast
Nasty plot
142 HP
124 ATK
82 Def
177 sp Atk
78 Sp Def
152 SPD

Not much to say about this I will post my stradegy at the bottom of this thread...

Heatran:
Item:Expert Belt
Ev Spread: 252 sp atk 120 SP Def the rest HP
Ability: Flash fire
Nature: Quiet
Moveset:
Eruption
Magma Storm
Earth Power
Ancient power
hp 182
atk 103
def 114
spa 200
sp Def 139
speed 79

Oblivia's Heatran with the special move eruption.. Not much else exept I never used a Heatran before..(as of first writing the stats I never used it)

Omastar:
Item:Focus Sash(may change on occasions depending on what im doing...)
EV Spread: 252 Def 252 SP Atk 4 random
Nature:Calm
Moveset:
Bite
Brine
Ancient power
Spike cannon
134 hp
64 atk
164 def
164 sp atk
92 sp def
71 SPD
Random Pokemon, Added for fun, seems quite strong, until she see's grass

Okay Thought of a Strategy for such an odd team, Using all six of them.
Leads: Lucario and/or Azelf
Lucario and azelf can take out Steel, Psychic, Rock, Normal, Dark, Ghost, Fighting, and Grass types which are the most common leads in PBR and are quite common among the sites. First the speed and attack together of lucario can kill most leads right off, Unless they're a type not listed above. Azelf can kill the second player as long as they're also a type listed above. If or when those two get knocked out (if one gets knocked out I switch both) I send out Heatran and Torterra duo.
Or my tanks depending on the others typing(these two will be explained later).
When Torterra and Heatran are out there they can kill almost any type mainly because as i said they're opposites(Heatran is 1/4th againts ice moves and Torterra's 4/1 ice moves) My current only problem is that earthquake is 4x vs heatran so i cant use earthquake, Unless heatran is KO'd or low hps. If you look at the movesets they go pretty well together as heatran can make frozen mince meat VS Ice types while torterra makes short work of water and ground types.

If these two are ko'd or I don't send them out, I send out my two tanks,whom of which i will find better movesets for and EV train, not much of a stratedgy exept for ice shard vs grass types to help omastar and double resist of omastars typing to fire to help out my Cloyster, working out the rest.

I did notice fighting is a common weakness for this team so a weavile could wipe it out if lucario cant get extreme speed or sky uppercut to hit... I need some help with this

also note no rude sounding comments I will take them offensively if you say this team sucks or something...
avatar
Markus

Posts : 463
Friend Code : 3523-8852-5508

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Markus on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:18 am

calze, you love plagueing don't you? Also this looks better than my team, I dont have the fancy trick moves or anything im a classic battler Razz
avatar
Markus

Posts : 463
Friend Code : 3523-8852-5508

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Venusaur on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:19 pm

They're all good! Just for Torterra: Instead of Frenzy Plant, go for Seed Bomb (can be move tutored in Platinum @ survival area).
avatar
Venusaur

Posts : 124
Friend Code : JP Platinum: 2279 - 2896 - 6911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Kale12321 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:04 pm

Silly question, but is PBR double battles? If so but protect over Magma storm on Heatran. It will prevent EQ from hitting it while giving an extra turn for Heatran to stall or prevent damage. Other than move sets on Cloyster and Omnystar its a pretty solid team.
avatar
Kale12321

Posts : 660
Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

View user profile

Back to top Go down

In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:48 pm

If you just want your team rated and only seek to battle online without too much preparation, post your teams here and get the rated! You do not have to post your teams under the format it is on the rules here.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum