In-game and semi competitive online teams

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Singles Team (Tier: whatever) IV Gen.

Post by morteriser on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Disclaimer: This is intended for DS/PBR matches, and was not sav'd. Because of this I listed the IVs and are in the order of: Hp/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spd

Also, I would prefer people to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism as it pertains to what you think is necessary (as in what tier is most appropriate)


Probopass @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 24 Hp/232 Sp.Atk/254 Sp.Def
IVs: 21/1/25/30/28/18
Nature: Calm
- Earth Power
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
Possible lead as it can bluff stealth rock. The idea is to sub while walling, with this amount of HP it will get 1 HP after 4 subs (from full HP) allowing pain split to halve the opponents HP. This pokemon has various strategies as it can trap steel types to get a sub and then earth power. The main idea is to sub multiple times until at lower than 25% to activate the defense boost, in which I then thunder wave to (usually) gain priority in pain split which will heal a decent amount of HP based on how much the opponent has (because of this I do subs first THEN attack for it will prevent recovery). It also supports the team by paralyzing pokes (obviously)


Carnivine @ Watmel Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 226 Hp/252 Atk/32 Sp.Def
IVs: 2/29/25/14/3/21
Nature: Adamant
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Crunch
- Natural Gift
Carnivine is meant for more coverage (and a lack of enough physical attackers). It uses natural gift with watmel berry to provide a base 80 fire type physical move that can do decent damage on pokes that normally counter Carnivine (with the exception of fire types). Knock Off is used to cripple the possible switch if Natural Gift is too risky to use off the bat (they may switch to a fire type).


Chimecho @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 254 Hp/176 Def/24 Sp.Atk/56 Sp.Def
IVs: 31/2/19/30/27/18
Nature: Modest
- Wrap
- Yawn
- Healing Wish
- Dream Eater
The idea with Chimecho, yawn to force a switch OR cause them to stay as sleep fodder. Then you wrap to trap them or the switch. Sitrus allows it to last the hits it will take (depends on the opponent of course). When the foe is successfully trapped and asleep, chimecho will proceed to recover all its HP with Dream Eater. This is a force to be reckoned with when no one notices what it might do. It supports the entire team by using healing wish as a last resort, as its moveset's flaws will come into play, making healing wish an exit ticket for Chimecho to switch into one of my many walls (who may also be statused, especially useful against the lead pokes who make mine go to sleep, because I keep it as sleep fodder only to be recovered [this also is mainly for probopass, as he can come in and sub, preventing him from falling asleep again]).

(shiny)
Banette @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 86 Hp/216 Atk/64 Def/40 Sp. Atk/40 Sp. Def/64 Spd
IVs: 9/24/3/10/12/21
Nature: Quiet
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
This LEGIT shiny Banette was caught luckily with a usable nature and the wanted ability. The idea behind banette is to scout the opponents item (pretty much checking what moveset they are using) and possibly give them a scarf while paralyzing them (or the switch) as a method of crippling since my pokes are usually slower already (unless they are paralyzed). Sucker punch adds priority to counter anything that is faster. Thunderbolt adds the element of surprise (especially against Gyarados who think they are the wiser for intimidating!)


Huntail @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 96 Hp/160 Sp. Atk/252 Sp. Def
IVs: 15/24/17/31/12/3
Nature: Brave
- Super Fang
- Sucker Punch
- Brine
- Ice Beam
The idea is obvious: Super Fang + Brine (where brine will double since the opponent is below half HP [most of the time]). This is a decently effective strategy, and ice beam allows for more type coverage within my team. Super Fang accounts for wall breaking and Sucker Punch adds priority to prevent focus sash'ers and the like. Sucker Punch may be used over brine after the opponent's HP is halved, however this is risky as sucker punch is pretty weak on it, and is better when used a frail pokes. Super Fang is also very nifty for when the opponent switches, for it is free damage that can not be resisted (unless ghost type of course).


Magcargo @ Power Herb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Hp/160 Sp. Atk/98 Sp. Def
IVs: 21/3/5/12/23/18
Nature: Relaxed
- Recover
- Solarbeam
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
The idea behind magcargo is MORE type coverage, and walling abilities. It uses recover to achieve walling status, and a variety of moves that can be used. Lava plume, mainly is intended to get that 30% burn hax stacked with the 30% burn hax of physical damage due to flame body. Earth power is for coverage. Solarbeam is to counter switch-ins (ESPECIALLY pokes like quagsire who get OHKO'd by Solarbeam most of the time) which is why I use power herb. This requires IMMENSE prediction as to whether or not to use solarbeam. Either way, its walling capabilities are useful for type resistance of my team.

So, first off: this team has no specific tier usage. As its all NU its allowed in most areas.
Second: I'm an original player, and will be using unique sets and ONLY NU/NFE pokes.
Third: Banette is shiny, and because there is not shiny art, I had to resort to using its IV gen backsrpite XI
Finally: Don't criticize it for being all NU, or being a "gimmick" team. For its not. It is meant for competitive battling.


Last edited by morteriser on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
morteriser

Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Umbrielle on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Please be more specific about the tier in which you plan to use this team. You can't reasonably intend to use it in Standard or in Ubers, but posters need to know if they should be mentioning UU threats in their rates.
avatar
Umbrielle

Posts : 125
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Cmndrkool321 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:27 pm

I like your team Mort! Everything you make is the best! Very Happy
avatar
Cmndrkool321

Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 pm

No it isn't. I could make a team full of NFEs and beat it. Since this is for COMPETITIVE Battling and this is obviously not competitive (Lol IVs and I have no idea what the berries even do) as well as breaking some of the rules, I'm inclined to close it. Also, it is a horrible team even for NU.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PokeCenter on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:07 pm

This topic is fine to stay here.

_________________
Quick Links: Chat - Rules - Donate - Poke Prizes
avatar
PokeCenter

Posts : 3201
Friend Code : Diamond: 1763-7519-2717

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Assuming you have knowledge of competitive battling, this team is horrible. Seriously, no offense. A quiet scarfer? WTF!?
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by morteriser on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:28 pm

Yeah, its Quiet nature because I'd really prefer to use a shiny poke (hehehe... you are gonna hate me for saying that XI) and besides, the only reason it has a scarf is to lock the opponent onto a move. Checking statistics, it outspeeds most pokes who would rather dislike having a scarf on them. As the nature is only MINOR (after all, the base stat is already low) Banette's speed is enough to be in the range needed. Personally, I would rather have bad speed over less bulk (hehe he....). But that aside, most pokes would outspeed my team, so regardless its an attempt to cripple (as thunder wave is there) pokemon that attempt to avoid a possible sucker punch by using a non-attacking move or switching to a poke (that will probably NOT have a choice item). The only thing I'm not sure of is whether or not to use choice scarf as a crippling tool or Lagging Tail (decreased priority in attacks [like the ability stall]) or Iron Ball (50% speed decreased, ground flying types [would be useful for probopass XI]) but if I use either items then t-wave might need to be replaced (unless to be used as excess crippling to switches).
avatar
morteriser

Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:49 am

There, you have just proved that your team isn't competitive. Now can I lock it? Wifi or Simulator, this team isn't competitive.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Cmndrkool321 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:47 am

Calze6 wrote:There, you have just proved that your team isn't competitive. Now can I lock it? Wifi or Simulator, this team isn't competitive.

Didn't you just hear the admin said it was fine to stay? I know There's one way to say "I don't like it;" but the way you say it is just flat out rude and disrespectful! The reason its a quiet scarfer is because he liked the shiny Bannete, and it needed a scarf to counter-balance the speed factor.

I like the team overall. It has great origionality, and great concept put into it. I seen some of this team in action on Youtube, and I know it does a great job! Mort, I also like the fact that you confess your weaknesses. That is the first step to becoming better at anything: "Say you are good, but you can do better!"

But I do call this team competitive overall. This team would make a challenge to any other team compared to an in-game team. But even though people like one and hate the other, just remember this: Despite the fact one's good Pokemon gets something over another Pokemon they use the same battlefields to battle on; and that will never change!
avatar
Cmndrkool321

Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Kale12321 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:44 am

I dont know how well this team would function in OU but it does make a decent NU team, maybe UU if its lucky. I think you could drop TBolt on Banette for Shadow Claw for stab and you could lose the Sp.Atk Evs and put tehm into either Atk or Spd. I can honestly say that this wouldn't really work in OU so there isn't a need to useTbolt
avatar
Kale12321

Posts : 660
Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Generation IV: Tier- All (Except maybe Uber)

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:33 pm

OK, So i've constructed a team of-


Dodrio @ Liechi Berry
IVs: 15/31/18/25/19/31
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Defense, 252 Speed
Ability: Early Bird
Nature: Adamant
-Agility
-Drill Peck
-Flail
-Endure

Dodrio is the lead, and it's made to set up agility, predict a fatal hit with Endure, Liechi activates, then proceeds to sweep with Drill Peck and Flail. The only flaw is the fact that both attacks can get walled by Steels and Rocks.


Starmie @ Life Orb
IVs: 20/12/21/31/25/31
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 4 Special Defense, 252 Speed
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Really simple, this is one of your average Starmies. Surf STAB with Life Orb and 252 Special Attack is absolutely devastating, not to mention 31 IVs in the stat. It can outspeed a majority of pokemon in the OU metagame. Thunderbolt is for extra coverage, and Ice Beam is to prevent be walled by grass types and dragons like Dragonite and Garchomp. Recover is there to keep Starmie alive as long as possible, and to brush off Life Orb damage.


Steelix @ Leftovers
IVs: 30/28/31/10/31/19
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Attack, 252 Special Defense
Ability; Sturdy
Nature: Careful
-Curse
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball

The wall on the team. It doesn't need any EVs in Defense, because it's already a massive base 200. 252 in Special Defense makes it a great wall in UU and OU. Curse is mainly for Gyro Ball, but Earthquake and Iron Head are there for extra coverage. Leftovers are there to keep Steelix walling on the battlefield.


Hitmontop @ Life Orb
IVs: 20/31/20/7/21/17
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Defense
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
-Fake Out
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Punch
-Close Combat

The revenge killer on the team. With a wide set of priority moves, and Life Orb, Hitmontop can be really annoying. Base 95 Attack is nothing to laugh at, especially since it has Technician to boost up 3/4 of it's moves. Close Combat is more of a last resort move.


Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
IVs: 30/31/29/15/19/31
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Defense, 252 Speed
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Jolly
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Outrage

Before you say "Choice Scarf on a Tyranitar is useless because it's still slow", think about it. 31 and 252 Speed with Jolly nature can outspeed most UU and OU pokemon, such as Dugtrio and maybe Starmie. Sandstorm utterly ruins Dodrios sweep attempt, but that's exactly why Dodrio is the lead. Also, Sandstorm helps Tyranitar survive fatal water/grass hits with the 20% boost. Tyranitar is easily weakened by Fighting, however, but it's raw power can rip through them with the help of the Scarf.


Cacturne @ Focus Sash
IVs: 18/31/18/12/20/17
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 HP, 252 Special Defense
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant
-Sucker Punch
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Seed Bomb

Poor Cacturne. With several weaknesses, he has to rely on Tyranitar to do some serious damage. By which I mean, the Sand Stream and Sand Veil combo is what this Cacturne is all about. Substitute is to keep Cacturne on the field as long as possible, in hope for some accuracy hax with Sand Veil. Leech Seed steadily kills the opponent, while you brush off Substitute damage. Sucker Punch is for strong STAB priority, and Seed Bomb is for a regular powerful STAB.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This team is mainly designed for UU and OU.
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Venusaur on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:35 pm

I have to say it's very good! I would consider putting a bit more offensive moves on your Pokemon though. 9/10.
avatar
Venusaur

Posts : 124
Friend Code : JP Platinum: 2279 - 2896 - 6911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Kale12321 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:11 pm

This team cannot be UU with T-Tar there. If u want a Sand Streamer try Hippopatas. It is a nfe, but if can bring the SS up and it can use toxic/protect pretty well I use this set for ym NU SandStorm team
Hippopotas @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock/toxic
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Roar
The attack Evs can be moved to defense, but ti helps with EQ and Rock Slide or you can use
Hippopotas @ Focus Sash/leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense/ 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock/Rock Slide/roar
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Protect
Toxic, Protect, it can also set up SR or phaze
Use hippo only if you want to play UU
and Steelix has two steel moves. While they do get stab, they do not have decent coverage. Instead of Iron Head try Stone edge for the Rock/groun coverage, which almost perfect neutral coverage
Trait: Sand Stream
avatar
Kale12321

Posts : 660
Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PokeWorldBW on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Very odd choice of natures, but if it works, it works.

It looks more like these Pokemon are randomly thrown together and are meant for being able to hold their own alone, rather than as a team, though. In my opinion, your choice of Pokemon seem kind of random and it looks like they are made for 1v1 battles.

And I'm not just saying this about Mort's, this applies to a lot of people.


Last edited by PokeWorldBW on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PokeWorldBW

Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:27 pm

I agree. These sets are just horrible. They aren't even good on wifi.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:40 pm

This is clearly not UU due to the fact that it says that it is all except uber and it contains both T-tar and starmie. Quite frankly, this team is quite bad. Dodrio is horrible and it will DIE to sandstorm and priority. Remove it for a proper lead. Also, cacturne is also horrible due to its frailness and reliance that an attack will somehow miss so replace it with something good. If you can't find anything, go to smogon.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:52 am

Calze6 wrote:This is clearly not UU due to the fact that it says that it is all except uber and it contains both T-tar and starmie. Quite frankly, this team is quite bad. Dodrio is horrible and it will DIE to sandstorm and priority. Remove it for a proper lead. Also, cacturne is also horrible due to its frailness and reliance that an attack will somehow miss so replace it with something good. If you can't find anything, go to smogon.

OK, Fine. I'll admit my mistake on the tier. And don't you think I KNOW Dodrio dies to priority? The smart battler predicts something like this, and SWITCHES. Tyranitar is meant to be set out way AFTER Dodrio. So in case Dodrio fails to sweep. Cacturne may be frail, but that's exactly why I have a Focus Sash on it. And I can test my luck with Sand Veil and Substitute. Believe it or not, it works quite well. So, can you please read the descriptions thoroughly before making a negative comment? And did you just tell me to go to Smogon? I already got the EVs from Smogon. What, I'm supposed to copy their movesets, too?
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Kale12321 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:22 pm

Um.... remove Fsash form Cacture. It wpnmt work after u use Substitute, but if you think it works betterw ith SubSeed then go on ahead. I would use Leftovers
avatar
Kale12321

Posts : 660
Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Kale12321 wrote:Um.... remove Fsash form Cacture. It wpnmt work after u use Substitute, but if you think it works betterw ith SubSeed then go on ahead. I would use Leftovers

Since Cacturne is frail, slow, and has alot of weaknesses, the sash is there to predict a fatal hit. If I sense a fatal hit coming, I directly attack with Sucker Punch, or Seed Bomb. (Sucker Punch most likely) If I predict a switch, or a setup, I can just freely Substitute. So basically, Cacturne is made to outpredict the opponent.
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PokeWorldBW on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:52 pm

How is that agreeing? I never said anything about the sets...

PokeWorldBW

Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:19 pm

No, I'm agreeing with your sets, plus I am saying the sets are horrible.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Except that t-tar is so common that generally opponents will also have one or a scizor. Uh-oh, my point on how dodrio is horrible. Endure reversal doesn't work anymore. With the sash, the point is useless due to the fact that nearly every team uses stealth rock especially when your lead doesn't stop them from doing so.

For anyone with some good knowledge of competitive battling, they would say:

You should invest in a new team this one sucks. Seriously, no offense, but unless you remove the NUs that are slowing down your team (and steelix too), this team is just that bad.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by PlatinumHero91 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 am

Calze6 wrote:Except that t-tar is so common that generally opponents will also have one or a scizor. Uh-oh, my point on how dodrio is horrible. Endure reversal doesn't work anymore. With the sash, the point is useless due to the fact that nearly every team uses stealth rock especially when your lead doesn't stop them from doing so.

-Scizor is not a problem, as I have STEELIX to wall Scizor.
-Endure/Reversal/Flail works just fine for me. As it's not so common anymore, so no one can expect it.
-Does everyone carry Stealth Rock on their team?

Calze6 wrote:For anyone with some good knowledge of competitive battling, they would say:

You should invest in a new team this one sucks. Seriously, no offense, but unless you remove the NUs that are slowing down your team (and steelix too), this team is just that bad.

You're only focusing on my weaknesses. That's all I noticed from your posts. Stealth Rock, Scizors, etc. I'm sorry that my pokemon of choice aren't in the Uber Tier. Someone with a good knowledge of competitive battling doesn't just say something is horrible because of the weaknesses. Because, believe it or not, no team is perfect, not even an Uber team.
avatar
PlatinumHero91

Posts : 17
Friend Code : 0904 5025 6403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by saber on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:32 pm

i think your team is pretty decent, the problem is really a couple of things,
1. a lack of a decent lead, no offence but dodrio doesnt really help out with any of your teams strategy.
If you do continue using dodrio, you need a rapid spinner, luckily you have 2 decent rapid spinners in your team, just give hitmontop rapid spin over close combat and possible change bullet punch for sucker punch if ghosts become a problem. This should help the trouble with stealth rocks and should help dodrio come back in later (porvided no sand is up otherwise he can still be dead fodder for an attack).
2. If cacturne is going to be viable you need stealth rocks otherwise your opponents will just casually switch out.

I know dodrio and cacturne are probably your favourite pokemon or something, but you want to base a team around them, not a team that makes them the weakest link. Trust me, i try to fit my favourite pokemon on teams and the team always ends up sucking. Also dodrio is outclassed by other flail pokemon that are rock/steel type eg. lucario. Lucario would be an overall good addition to you team, and he can be a reversal/flail sweeper which is immune to sand and has rapid spin support to come back late game. Then cacturne should be replaced for something with better defence you actually could go for something like gliscor, who also has sand veil, if you want it, and he can fit loads of roles due to his decent move pool. He could be a lead and set up SR (which i recommend), he could be a baton passer to sweepers and he could just be a tank/sweeper that destroys the other team by himself.

Some food for thought... Cheers saber


Last edited by saber on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
saber

Posts : 34
Friend Code : Platinum FC: 1462-8841-7342

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Calze6 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Yes, nearly every team has sr and priority. Dodrio just sucks. Use heatran to wall scizor. Steelix can't OHKO it and then gets killed by superpower. Get rid of dodrio and cacturne and pursuit over outrage on t-tar. Or get a new team.
avatar
Calze6

Posts : 238
Friend Code : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game and semi competitive online teams

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum