Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EV-reducing berries?

3 posters

Go down

EV-reducing berries? Empty EV-reducing berries?

Post by jolteon00 Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:41 pm

So I have this shiny Sandslash that I was very lucky to come across. I was very excited and trained it a few levels, but now I've learned that I can find my Secret ID from a shiny pokemon's EVs. That's true, right? And I could use that for RNG abuse to breed for IVs and shiny eggs?

I've also heard of EV-reducing berries. Which berries are these? How do they work? How can I get them? How many would I need?

Any help very much appreciated Smile

Here's the sandslash if it's of any help.

EV-reducing berries? 28
RED TOPAZ Lv 33
Met at lv 28.
Quiet nature. Often lost in thought.
HP 99
Atk 72
Def 83
SpA 47
SpD 50
Spd 49
jolteon00
jolteon00

Friend Code : 0475 1848 3945

Back to top Go down

EV-reducing berries? Empty Re: EV-reducing berries?

Post by Kenshin Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Pomeg=HP
Kelpsy=Attack
Qualot=Defense
Hondew=Special Attack
Grepa=Special Defense
Tamoto=Speed

And since the question has been answered *locked*
Kenshin
Kenshin

Friend Code : 4553 8265 9636-Pearl, 3050 8760 0441-Diamond, 0603 2159 5826-Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:21 pm

I'm going to sneak in a continuation of the question, since it wasn't thoroughly answered, and because I can.

The berries are numbered 21-26, and if you're playing in HG/SS, I believe the only way to obtain them originally is from your mother. They reduce 10 EVs at a time, unless you have more than 100 EVs in a certain stat. If it is ANY number between 101-255, it will (no matter the difference, can't stress it enough) reduce your EVs in that stat to 100. So the maximum number you will need for each stat is 11 berries.
Yes, there is a way to find your SID now, but it will take a lot of math or downloading a program. You'll also want to have all of the pokemon's EVs put to zero. The program should be called RNG Reporter, I believe.
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Friend Code : 0732 7475 5767

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down