Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official 5th Generation Topic

+39
mennell17
lordx114
pokemonkid123
MasterKeyX
uzumakiyuubi
orangeaffy
Naruto Uzamaki
dash4ever
jontsi
Hydrocannon
billiethemancox
Charizard98
funkydude97
OmegaForte
toejammer
jolteon14
special_trainer
jolteon00
TheSquirtleDude
hitmonlee1337
Kenshin
bigsteves45
Namechange
Porou
adoxography
KoolAid
evdpokehunter
pokefan55
arrancar memory
SuperMarioSpore
Kisame
Jayorw
Ichimarunico
snuffleoffagus
shaymin69
Kale12321
H0und00m
raquaza
PokeCenter
43 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Official 5th Generation Topic - Page 4 Empty Re: Official 5th Generation Topic

Post by Ichimarunico Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:14 pm

porou wrote:
TheSquirtleDude wrote:
porou wrote:
TheSquirtleDude wrote:Apperently on seribii it says some more details for the zoroak event.

If you transfer Entie, zoraok transforms into suicune
If suicune it transforms into Riakou
If Riakou it transforms into Entei

Also that event is the only way to get Zoraok

Also you can get Zoroark by evolving the Zorua obtained by the in-game event (well, that's my guess, anyways).

I read somewhere that they were one off and that Zorua could not evolve, I hope it is not true though

This is why I added the "guess" thing afterward, but I don't understand the logic in having a pre-evolution that cant evolve....?!? What the heck Question

Phione?
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Friend Code : 0732 7475 5767

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Phione makes me sad. When I first got it, I knew nothing about those legends, but I knew that I saw that it was a pre-evolution of Manaphy, so I figured, "Hey! I can evolve it!" but then I looked and saw that it doesn't evolve, and then I wanted to cry. Sad
adoxography
adoxography

Friend Code : 1248 2704 5027

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:35 pm

adoxography wrote:Phione makes me sad. When I first got it, I knew nothing about those legends, but I knew that I saw that it was a pre-evolution of Manaphy, so I figured, "Hey! I can evolve it!" but then I looked and saw that it doesn't evolve, and then I wanted to cry. Sad

Sad I traded you something that made you cry, I lose at life.
Side note, I want to know if they're going to put new roamers in. We had roaming Birds, Dogs, Elves/faeries, do you guys think they'll continue the legend theme or just recycle old ones?
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:43 pm

[quote="Ichimarunico"]Sad I traded you something that made you cry, I lose at life.
Side note, I want to know if they're going to put new roamers in. We had roaming Birds, Dogs, Elves/faeries, do you guys think they'll continue the legend theme or just recycle old ones?[/quote

I hope they continue it. They're difficult to catch sometimes, but that makes it interesting.
adoxography
adoxography

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshin Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:48 pm

adoxography wrote:Same as Ichi. Water Pokemon. I feel like it will be the most epic leveled up somehow also.

I usually pick fire, though.

Not sure if this topic should stay or not as there's already a Black and White official topic?

EDIT: Merging.
DOUBLE EDIT: When I merged, the poll from the old thread came on to this one. Then I tried to get rid of it, but it just closed it, though you can now see the three votes which were cast on it. Siiigh. D;
Its okay, I edited the original post and deleted the poll.
Kenshin
Kenshin

Friend Code : 4553 8265 9636-Pearl, 3050 8760 0441-Diamond, 0603 2159 5826-Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Kenshin wrote:Its okay, I edited the original post and deleted the poll.

Ohh - that's how you do it. Thanks for the tip, and thanks for fixing it. Smile
adoxography
adoxography

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks Kenshin. Hitmonlee1337 if you read the topic you would see the starters already.
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Friend Code : Diamond: 1763-7519-2717

Back to top Go down

Post by Porou Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:06 am

The full effect of the Illusion ability of Zorua and Zoroark was revealed today on Serebii:

"The ability allows for Zorua & Zoroark to be in the form of the pokemon in second place in your party at the time of it being sent out. This means that if you have say Jigglypuff in the front of your party, Zorua & Zoroark would appear in battle as a Jigglypuff."

I sort of failed to grasp the point of this ability when I first read it. How is it even useful? In the battle clips presented on Pokemon Sunday, Zoroark used its ability mid-battle. So if you send out Zoroark with Jigglypuff already out, does it send out in the form of itself and then transform? Or does it already look like Jigglypuff when it is sent out? If it is sent out in the form of the pokemon, I do realize the potential in the ability, and you can trick people into thinking Zoroark is a pokemon it's not. But if the pokemon shifts mid-way through battle, the opponent already realizes its true identity, and it makes bascally no effect whatsoever, becoming a "useless" ability. Does someone want to clarify to me here the point of Illusion, or share your thoughts about it?
Porou
Porou

Friend Code : 1634 7901 9880

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:11 am

porou wrote:The full effect of the Illusion ability of Zorua and Zoroark was revealed today on Serebii:

"The ability allows for Zorua & Zoroark to be in the form of the pokemon in second place in your party at the time of it being sent out. This means that if you have say Jigglypuff in the front of your party, Zorua & Zoroark would appear in battle as a Jigglypuff."

I can also see how this would be helpful if you send out Zorua or Zoroark first.
This quote confuses me mostly because it seems to contradict itself.
First, it says that it will mimic the Pokemon that's in the "second place" of your party; then it goes on to say that it will mimic the Pokemon that's "in the front" of your party.

I'm assuming that by "in the front," they meant in "second place." I'm assuming that Zorua or Zoroark will only do this if they are in the first place in your party and thus are sent out first. That's what seems the most logical to me.
adoxography
adoxography

Back to top Go down

Post by Porou Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:21 am

adoxography wrote:
porou wrote:The full effect of the Illusion ability of Zorua and Zoroark was revealed today on Serebii:

I can also see how this would be helpful if you send out Zorua or Zoroark first.
This quote confuses me mostly because it seems to contradict itself.
First, it says that it will mimic the Pokemon that's in the "second place" of your party; then it goes on to say that it will mimic the Pokemon that's "in the front" of your party.

I'm assuming that by "in the front," they meant in "second place." I'm assuming that Zorua or Zoroark will only do this if they are in the first place in your party and thus are sent out first. That's what seems the most logical to me.

That's a different interpretation than mine, but I suppose it makes sense. I was thinking that you had to have a different pokemon in the front of your party, and when you shifted Zorua/Zoroark with it, it would shift to "second place", like how in previous games it showed when you shifted pokemon in battle. Only, not all the time when you shift will the pokemon end up in "second place", which is why this quote is so tricky for me to understand....
Porou
Porou

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:26 am

porou wrote:That's a different interpretation than mine, but I suppose it makes sense. I was thinking that you had to have a different pokemon in the front of your party, and when you shifted Zorua/Zoroark with it, it would shift to "second place", like how in previous games it showed when you shifted pokemon in battle. Only, not all the time when you shift will the pokemon end up in "second place", which is why this quote is so tricky for me to understand....

But if that were the case, as you stated before, the person would probably notice that you were trading out your first Pokemon for the second one, would it not? In which case, they will clearly know that it's not a Zorua or Zoroark...

Another thing that I'm assuming is that this "illusion" is different than the "transform" in the fact that, while the Zorua or Zoroark appears to be another Pokemon as far as appearance goes, it may hold on to its own moves instead of stealing the ones of the other Pokemon. Also, it won't have the strengths or weaknesses to the move types that the Pokemon it appears to be is weak to.

I also wonder if there's a way for the illusion to be broken?

EDIT: I only just now registered the fact that your original post about this stated that you had seen a clip where it shifted mid-battle... That means that my initial assumption was wrong.
Maybe it doesn't tell the other player that it's shifting out? Although - if your first Pokemon dies, it should be pretty apparent that this is happening.

I'm just baffled.
adoxography
adoxography

Back to top Go down

Post by Porou Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:35 am

adoxography wrote:
porou wrote:That's a different interpretation than mine, but I suppose it makes sense. I was thinking that you had to have a different pokemon in the front of your party, and when you shifted Zorua/Zoroark with it, it would shift to "second place", like how in previous games it showed when you shifted pokemon in battle. Only, not all the time when you shift will the pokemon end up in "second place", which is why this quote is so tricky for me to understand....

But if that were the case, as you stated before, the person would probably notice that you were trading out your first Pokemon for the second one, would it not? In which case, they will clearly know that it's not a Zorua or Zoroark...

Another thing that I'm assuming is that this "illusion" is different than the "transform" in the fact that, while the Zorua or Zoroark appears to be another Pokemon as far as appearance goes, it may hold on to its own moves instead of stealing the ones of the other Pokemon. Also, it won't have the strengths or weaknesses to the move types that the Pokemon it appears to be is weak to.

I also wonder if there's a way for the illusion to be broken?

EDIT: I only just now registered the fact that your original post about this stated that you had seen a clip where it shifted mid-battle... That means that my initial assumption was wrong.
Maybe it doesn't tell the other player that it's shifting out? Although - if your first Pokemon dies, it should be pretty apparent that this is happening.

I'm just baffled.

I agree, and in addition to the facts you stated, if it is sent out where it changes mid-battle, in competitive play the opponent must know it is a different pokemon because of the species clause rule.

Also, Illusion is not like transform in that it copies stats and moves. Zoroark will retain its own moves, typing, and stats with Illusion, and just make an "illusion" of becoming another species.

Another point: In the video previously stated, Zoroark's illusion broke after it was dealt a decent amount of damage and went into the "yellow zone". Keep in mind that this is just the event Zoroark, but I'm curious if this happens in battle with a player-owned Zoroark as well......

This event, I must admit, is very bewildering.... Shocked Question
Porou
Porou

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Porou, I just went and watched the video(s) you were talking about.

It doesn't appear to be "mid-battle" to me. There is no evidence of this.
It appears to be Raikou vs Entei and then Raikou OHKOs "Entei," and it reveals itself to be Zoroark. That's all that we see.

It seems perfectly plausible that this may only work if Zorua or Zoroark are the first Pokemon in your party...
adoxography
adoxography

Back to top Go down

Post by Porou Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:31 pm

adoxography wrote:Porou, I just went and watched the video(s) you were talking about.

It doesn't appear to be "mid-battle" to me. There is no evidence of this.
It appears to be Raikou vs Entei and then Raikou OHKOs "Entei," and it reveals itself to be Zoroark. That's all that we see.

It seems perfectly plausible that this may only work if Zorua or Zoroark are the first Pokemon in your party...

I realized that after watching it a second time, sorry about that. But I am still confused on what pokemon it changes to, and in one photo on Serebii, it actually does show Zoroark changing mid-battle, unless it is changing back (it is hard to tell since it is a Zorua vs. Zoroark battle). The caption is "Zoraork uses Illusion" or something along those lines, so that's probably what got me to thinking along the lines of the mid-battle thing. I suppose the video does clarify a bit, but I'm still stumped on some aspects of the ability.

Edit: I read the last bit about the first in the party statement, and I agree that it seems as if it may work that way, however this is just a wild Zoroark and it is a special event that makes it change into one of the other legendary dogs completely depending upon which one you use. So, even though I agree that is seems plausible, I don't want to put all my trust into that conclusion because it is not 100% proven.
Porou
Porou

Back to top Go down

Post by jolteon00 Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:57 pm

I am very, very excited for new types and more of unloved types.
I couldn't be happier about a Dragon/Electric legend. Electric types need more cool secondary types!

I'm also glad to be seeing more pure Dark pokemon. Smile
jolteon00
jolteon00

Friend Code : 0475 1848 3945

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmonlee1337 Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:00 am

They should make your charter editable like change hair style, eyes, cloths and etc. Would that be that hard to make? It would be nice to not look like every other person. Very Happy
hitmonlee1337
hitmonlee1337

Friend Code : 0732 3159 2089

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:13 am

hitmonlee1337 wrote:They should make your charter editable like change hair style, eyes, cloths and etc. Would that be that hard to make? It would be nice to not look like every other person. Very Happy
To add enough customization to be on par with other games it would take tons of memory, so it's not very likely on the basic DS. Maybe if the 3DS has a cartridge storage breakthrough of some kind *shrug*
I think you should just be able to pick like Ace Trainer, Juggler, etc, and show up as that when you come into battle.
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Back to top Go down

Post by special_trainer Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:33 am

i nwant that game so badly
zoraork and zekrom are so cool
hope it will be prizes too
together with the crown beasts
special_trainer
special_trainer

Friend Code : 4211 7281 1619

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:22 am

The official Japanese release date has been announced: September 18th.
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsteves45 Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:49 am

hitmonlee1337 wrote:They should make your charter editable like change hair style, eyes, cloths and etc. Would that be that hard to make? It would be nice to not look like every other person. Very Happy

its such an easy change in the game that would make everybody happy. nobody wants to be the same guy all the time. i totally agree with this idea and i remember saying this a long time ago.
bigsteves45
bigsteves45

Friend Code : 4211 6844 1167

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:31 am

Thanks for the info. Ichimarunico.
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Friend Code : Diamond: 1763-7519-2717

Back to top Go down

Post by KoolAid Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:59 am

Ichimarunico wrote:. Maybe if the 3DS has a cartridge storage breakthrough of some kind *shrug*

Actually I heard the 3ds does, I heard you are able to install games from the cartridge onto the 3ds itself and thus not need to bring all the cartridges you own with you.
KoolAid
KoolAid

Friend Code : 4641-1153-4420

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshin Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:09 pm

A new batch of 8 were revealed.
Kenshin
Kenshin

Friend Code : 4553 8265 9636-Pearl, 3050 8760 0441-Diamond, 0603 2159 5826-Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSquirtleDude Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:25 am

Don't forget Triple Battles- wonder how that will work
TheSquirtleDude
TheSquirtleDude

Friend Code : 0088 5452 4865

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:27 am

TheSquirtleDude wrote:Don't forget Triple Battles- wonder how that will work
As annoyingly simplistic and un-inspired as the double system, I'd imagine.
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum