Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making a few changes

4 posters

Go down

Making a few changes Empty Making a few changes

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:34 pm

With the school year coming closer to a close and me quitting the only online game I played (PSO), I now have more time to help around here. Some of the current changes I've made are removing the clan wars forum (hardly anyone used it) and requiring individual topics in suggestions/tech support. The reason those two forums need individual topics is so newer members can search them more easily and see what's already been suggested/what people previously needed help with so they don't continue posting with the same suggestions and technical support issues.

Some things to come are generalizing forums (for instance Nintendo, Xbox, and PS will all be merged into one gaming forum) and other minor problems.

One thing to note for all moderators is the consequence system on this forum. Apparently 'infraction points' was initiated by bmtdan, but as to avoid conflicting with the original rules of the site, we'll refer to user actions as 'warns'. After a user has attained a certain number of warns (and subsequent bans as well), then they'll be permanently banned. As for the exact number of warns before a perma-ban, that's yet to be determined. It'll most likely 5 or 10. For the record (mainly @ rayquaza), the number of times a user has had action taken against them doesn't need to be publicized to everyone else. I removed the infraction points bit from your signature.

Update: Changed 'Poke Art' forum to just 'Art' because not everything there is Pokemon related and for that reason also moved it to miscellaneous.

Update: Smileys changed to those from Invisionfree, forum/post markers altered, and some forum descriptions altered/grammatical errors fixed.

Last edited by Epsilon on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Making a few changes Empty Re: Making a few changes

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:10 pm

@Pokecenter:

The forum icons really need to be revamped. Sure they go along with the Pokemon theme, but it's a lot simpler to infer that a lock means "locked" instead of some random Pokemon. My suggestion would be to add a small lock icon onto the existing sprite via Photoshop. This way, the theme is left in tact, plus it's understandable that that particular thread is locked. On the same subject, for topics with no new replies, you could use a grayscale version of a sprite and for those with new posts, use the regular color version.

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:17 pm

I`ll change the pokemon when i`m "able" to get on the computer.
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Friend Code : Diamond: 1763-7519-2717

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Change with what? As far as I know, you don't have Photoshop let alone even know how to use it. All I need is an ok to go ahead and do it myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Im guessing your PokeC's big bro eh Razz?

Serge

Friend Code : 4641 1012 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:44 pm

yep Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Ok do as you wish... Also the 4 new moderators dragon, serge, shea, and superior need mod. pics updated like the ones under our avatars. Go to admin. panel usergroup search name profile under special rank they all say forum get the junior mod. button on them keep choosing forum until you get the right pic. Don`t change the name from forum or it will say like: Jr. moderator and the pic says that = dumb ok. I`m sneaking on dsi I have about 20min left.
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonkiller Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Is mine gonna stay as gym leader or be changed?
Dragonkiller
Dragonkiller

Friend Code : 2966 5414 0665

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:03 pm

dragonkiller900 wrote:Is mine gonna stay as gym leader or be changed?
stay

Also, Pokecenter you should send out "we regret to inform...blah blah" e-mails to those who got demoted, simply so they don't rage and all that madness.

Last edited by Epsilon on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Yeah I forgot gym leaders stay, and change yours from admin. elite to the regular admin. button.
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonkiller Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Itachi got a little depressed but wnt admit it so he could use an im sry letter. Smile
Dragonkiller
Dragonkiller

Friend Code : 2966 5414 0665

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:08 pm

PokeCenter wrote:Yeah I forgot gym leaders stay, and change yours from admin. elite to the regular admin. button.
Why's it matter? Besides the text on the other one is bled in with the green. Plus it's already understood that you're the head administrator of the board. I mean...don't tell me you're about to go on a power trip over a 102x21 rank label.

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Ye I got the vibe...Same thing with me and my bro (for example me: Np I'll take care of it. Bro: The last thing you took care of is scratching your ass....) Razz
Btw ye Itachi seemed upset. Shocked

Serge

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Dragon: ?
Epsilon: Put the old banner up for now until I ger Serge`s new one. The link is in the archives topic you had it in, and on your photobucket. That pic is my admin. and gym pic thats why.
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Ye still working on it...I just can't get it right :/ I'll do my best tomorrow...

Serge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:18 pm

PokeCenter wrote:Dragon: ?
Epsilon: Put the old banner up for now until I ger Serge`s new one. The link is in the archives topic you had it in, and on your photobucket. That pic is my admin. and gym pic thats why.
Have Dinez (I think made them?) make a new one with some Pokemon on it similar looking to yours for Kash and me then.

Edit: Found the Gir (I think it's Gir) administrator label. Looks good. It'll do.

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Ok just ask Dinez, but i`m saying the old banner you made put it up for now, and change pic under your avatar. Dinez made some pics on his art thread a black and white admin. button you could use that too get link admin. panel rank administration add as SPECIAL rank. Have title: Forum
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinez Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:47 am

Epsilon wrote:
PokeCenter wrote:Yeah I forgot gym leaders stay, and change yours from admin. elite to the regular admin. button.
Why's it matter? Besides the text on the other one is bled in with the green.

Lol sorry that, those mod buttons were made on 5 min xP

good we have serge, I'm to busy to make art for the forums o.o

but I think I ahve some freetime today, I try making some cool mod buttons, I suprise ya all! MOhahaha xP
Dinez
Dinez

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:16 am

You guys just let me know if you want me to make it I don't mind at all if Dinez makes it considering he's better

Serge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum