Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competitive Single Rates - Post Your New sets here!

4 posters

Go down

Competitive Single Rates - Post Your New sets here! Empty Competitive Single Rates - Post Your New sets here!

Post by Calze6 Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:06 pm

If you want to show us a new set that has not been made before and you want it to be rated, post your set here! This is now where individual sets that was in the RMT section now go. If you also want to ask for a set that fulfills your requirements, also post here!

For example, I have thought of a lead like this:

Tentacruel@Focus sash/lum berry/lefties
Timid
252Spd/252HP/4Def
Payback
Rapid spin
Ice beam
Toxic spikes

Since it has a surprisingly fast 100 base speed, it can get 2 layers vs tyranitar, kyogre, groudon and dialga. It can just spam payback and rapid spin on deo and can stall forry. Ice beam can kill rayquaza as well and is used as a filler. It is designed as a fast suicide lead. Being faster than qwilfish really helps as well as the ability to spin. It can also absorb toxic spikes and will get two layers on base 90s unlike forry. Thoughts?

Add a description to why it will be a useful new set. Do not post sets that are standard on smogon. We know them already!
Calze6
Calze6

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

Competitive Single Rates - Post Your New sets here! Empty Re: Competitive Single Rates - Post Your New sets here!

Post by Kale12321 Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:53 pm

That is definitely different and lve never seen a leadCruel before not even in the lower tiers, l like the fact that it can be used in UBERS pretty well
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Competitive Single Rates - Post Your New sets here! Empty Re: Competitive Single Rates - Post Your New sets here!

Post by Calze6 Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:04 am

I forgot to mention that this IS used for ubers but I guess it can be used in OU with some tweakings.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Scizor Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:37 pm

An Attacking Lead Bronzong? Has the world lost its marbles?! No it hasn't but this set can usually take care of most leads.
Competitive Single Rates - Post Your New sets here! Bronzong

Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry/Occa Berry
Nature: Sassy/Relaxed
Ability: Heatproof
EV's: 252 HP/40 Def/140 Sp.Atk/76 Sp.Def
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Grass Knot/HP Electric/Payback
-Explosion/HP Electric/Payback

Though at first glance this set may seem entirely useless with its only mediocre attack, it will leave your opponents Lead in the dust. Many pokemon, including top leads today usually and always carry taunt. An opposing lead would be unwise to leave such a pokemon with a plethora of support moves not taunted. This is what makes this pokemon such an awesome lead. With a free turn, it can 2HKO Suicide Azelf, Aerodactyl, Yanmega, Ninjask, Roserade, and to a lesser or more degree Swampert and Hippowdown.

Since almost no one uses Earthquake on a Bronzong, this can really help against Infernape leads since it fails to 2HKO it with Fire Blast or Overheat, Bar Choice Specs. He can also survive a +2 Life Orb Flamethrower from Infernape. Heatran also fails 2HKO Bronzong with Fire Blast, Leftovers factored in.

It suffers from a 4-Moveslot Syndrome since I stress to put HP Electric since it will not be able to beat Gyarados without it. Hippowdown is 2HKOed with HP Electric and Offensive Gyarados is 2HKOed, while Bulky D-Dos is 3HKOed. You may also use Payback to take care of Lead Starmie and other Ghost types to KO them

Leftovers is recommended since it will always survive against other leads and is a good item overall. Lum Berry is an item mentioned to take statuses like Sleep Powder from Roserade or Hypnosis from Yanmega who are respectfully 2HKOed by Gyro Ball. Occa Berry is an Item mentioned to take random burns or just survive Fire-Attacks with more ease. Occa Berry also allows for you to pretend a Levitate set, so it should not be overlooked.

The EV's are very specific and cover a gigantic variety of opponents. If you do not use HP Electric, you may move the 40 Defense EV's and movee it elsewhere, with the nature being changed to Sassy. 140 Sp.Atk EV's are also necessary no matter what since it 2HKO's Max HP Hippowdown with HP Electric or Grass Knot. It also helps just because it helps a lot to oomph the power of Grass Knot.

Don't Overlook this set! It's a great set and I use it my standard teams that need a sturdy attacking lead. Many people would consider Metagross is better, but try it out. You might find you like it.

Last edited by Chocolate Scizor on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Chocolate Scizor
Chocolate Scizor

Friend Code : 1420-2560-8993

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Give it payback as it will be useful against starmie, etc. HP Ice over HP electric for dragonite. Rockless zong does seem inferior to rockless metagross though. Also, it needs levitate for the extra immunity to switchins.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbrielle Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:14 am

I don't understand why this is expected to be better than a Metagross with Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Bullet Punch and Explosion.
Umbrielle
Umbrielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:59 am

Umbrielle wrote:I don't understand why this is expected to be better than a Metagross with Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Bullet Punch and Explosion.
Who said it was better? It is a unique mixed set that can handle a lot of leads. Metagross cannot handle Swampert (Atleast not the standard lead). it can also take Hippowdon since people will expect levitate and not use earthquake. No one said it was better, its just a different lead that l think could work
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:03 pm

We discussed this on chat and I persuaded them that metagross is better in nearly all aspects.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down