Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyper Offense! A Gen IV Team in OU

+2
Umbrielle
Chocolate Scizor
6 posters

Go down

Hyper Offense! A Gen IV Team in OU Empty Hyper Offense! A Gen IV Team in OU

Post by Chocolate Scizor Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:13 pm

EDIT: This is my 2nd RMT and I guess I've taken all your rates into consideration, but... I really just decided that I would make a new new team. This team is Super Offensive with no Defensive Pokemon so, I hope you guys like it! Smile If you think it sucks and if anything seems cheap or out of place... well I guess just do what you would do usually for a team. Also tell me if you guys like the format! *ALERT* This team does not have Scizor and has been tested with a 22 Wins-7 Losses. Hope that's not too bad.

Lead Set Machamp
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 240 HP/248 Atk/16 SpD/4 Spe
Moveset:Dynamic Punch
Payback
Bullet Punch
Ice Punch

This is the standard Machamp lead set, and it's really good to me, but to some it's kinda cheap. The Machamp can easily deal with all common leads. Here are the lead Match-ups.

Azelf: I can easily deal with it since with the specific EVs I can survive it's Psychic and hit with Payback. If sashed then same strategy except Bullet Punch after. If Colbur Berry set, then I switch to Weavile and Ice Shard or Pursuit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infernape: I either switch to Starmie or I just attack with Dynamic Punch
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gyarados: Switch to Starmie or I could just attack, but that's pretty rare for me to do that.
Heatran: DYNAMIC PUNCH! Or Starmie... Smile
Swampert and Hippowdown: They're almost useless due to confusion of Dynamic Punch then switch to Starmie for Hippowdown and for Swampert, I guess I just keep Punching it.
Any Ghost-Type leads or Ghosts: I guess I just use Payback and it usually kills them. It sucks when though, when Gengar packs Counter and I die. Sad
Pokemon weak to fighting die to this lead, but the only one I hate the most to this set is that LumGross set. I can usually kill it with Azelf or Starmie but sometimes I don't.
I don't really want to replace this since it does really well in the metagame and I like Machamp. Smile
Standard Life Orb Azelf Set
Item:Life Orb (A Durr)
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Naive
EV's:40 Atk/252 SpA/216 Spe
Moveset:Psychic
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Explosion

Standard Life Orb Azelf easily deals with threats that you think threatens this team and can easily kill weakened Pokemon or, just attack randomly. Psychic is my main STAB attack and Flamethrower for Steel-Types and Grass Knot for I guess things like Water-Types and Explosion is for... you know, exploding.Azelf is a cool pokemon and is one of my favorite pokemon in the world! I may have to change my name to Chocolate Azelf... Just Kidding!
Standard Life Orb Starmie
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/4HP
Moveset:Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Rapid Spin

There is actually I don't think who can attack really speedily and powerfully and is water-typed other than a Gyarados who's set-up other than Starmie. She is very speedy and especially powerful so, I don't think I want to replace it. It easily takes care of any other water-types and most dragon-types. Is especially useful when it has Rapid Spin too to take out entry hazards that can totally ruin my team. Great water type, but may change if you guys want a different pokemon like Gyarados or Tenta.
Expert Belt Gengar
Item: Expert Belt (Wanted a change from Life Orb so I'm not overusing it.)
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed/4 Defense
Moveset:Focus Blast
Hidden Power Fighting (Want to change this move!)
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt

Gengar is probably just a Pokemon who just attacks hard for this team. He doesn't exactly have a role on this team seeing this team has no entry hazards, so I guess he just hits hard. He's great when I use him though! I can change this guy if you want, but this pokemon is one I really like. Smile
Standard Physically-Based Mixed Attacker Infernape
Item: Life Orb (Do you think I'm overusing this?)
Ability:Blaze
Nature:Naive
EV's: 252 Attack/192 Speed/64 Sp.Atk
Moveset:Close Combat
Overheat
Stone Edge
U-Turn

This Pokemon provides the much needed Physical attacking power for the team. He providesd great coverage for my team with it's 2 STAB Attacks and can easily scout with U-Turn. The monkey provides Physical attacking power for the team and 1 other pokemon which I will introduce in the next part. I really don't want to change this pokemon unless you can find a faster fire type who has great attacking power on both sides of the spectrum. I'm not sure about blaziken though... would I change it?
Standard Life Orb Weavile
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Attack/216 Speed/40 HP
Moveset:Ice Shard
Ice Punch
Pursuit
Low Kick

This pokemon is great for this team! This team is all about hitting speedily and strongly, so Weavile seemed like a great choice, and it was! With scizor becoming less and less used due to the salamence ban, I can use this guy a lot! He's helped a deal with a big threat called Choice Scarf Flygon and provides a full physical powerhouse! Pursuit are for those Ghost-types and Low Kick for Tyranitar. Ice Punch is main STAB and Ice Shard is my main Priority. This pokemon is a favorite that I don't want to change because since Scizor stopped reigning over the metagame, Weavile has been a potential threat in all of my games.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm just going to list a bunch of threats to this team I've seen in my battles:

DD Gyarados- I hate this thing! I have no way of beating it and is one of the most common pokemon in the metagame. This thing is beast against this team, so if you guys have a suggestion to stop it, Rate me!
------------------
Critical Hits- These things have stopped me a lot and most of my losses are due to Crits and DD Gyarados. This team may seem fragile, but many of my pokemon are fast hitting, so if I knew I would survive on an attack, a Crit would come and destroy it. Sad
------------------
Threats that you guys think arise for this team, post it!

Hope you guys liked the team, and sorry for going inactive for a long time!

READY!
SET!
RATE!!!

Last edited by Chocolate Scizor on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 10 times in total
Chocolate Scizor
Chocolate Scizor

Friend Code : 1420-2560-8993

Back to top Go down

Hyper Offense! A Gen IV Team in OU Empty Re: Hyper Offense! A Gen IV Team in OU

Post by Umbrielle Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:52 am

Using Iron Head on Jirachi isn't "cheap". Iron Head is Jirachi's best move, and if you're not using it, you should probably use a different Pokemon.

In other news, your team has only one resistance to Electric, so Choice Specs Jolteon and SubRoost Zapdos both give your team a very hard time. A worthwhile change to look into would be swapping out Dragonite for a Flygon, giving you a nice Electric immunity, not to mention a fast U-turn and another Rock resistance.
Umbrielle
Umbrielle

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:04 am

Time for a proper rate. For jirachi, stick to the lead rachi set as it can take down far more leads, set up SR as well as cripple other opposing leads.

Therefore:

Jirachi@choice scarf
76HP/252Spd/170Atk
Jolly
-Iron head
-U-turn/body slam
-SR
-Trick

On dragonite, remove ES as DD + ES wastes a move and is better spent on a coverage move like superpower or fire blast.

Consider changing magnezone to a sub salac set as magnezone is slow and adding to its speed really helps.

For nape, consider nasty plot for it to sweep well late game and it can still wallbreak well.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:53 pm

calze6 wrote:Time for a proper rate. For jirachi, stick to the lead rachi set as it can take down far more leads, set up SR as well as cripple other opposing leads.

Therefore:

Jirachi@choice scarf
76HP/252Spd/170Atk
Jolly
-Iron head
-U-turn/body slam
-SR
-Trick

On dragonite, remove ES as DD + ES wastes a move and is better spent on a coverage move like superpower or fire blast.

Consider changing magnezone to a sub salac set as magnezone is slow and adding to its speed really helps.

For nape, consider nasty plot for it to sweep well late game and it can still wallbreak well.

I know this isn't my RMT but l like all ur suggestions except the DD+ES This helps take care of priority users.... mainly Weavile
other than that l have a question: Why HP(Ice)? I think HP (Ground) or (Fire) would work much better to take down other steels that u are trapping. (Fire for anything not Heatran and ground for Heatran) The only thing is wi/o fire Scizor and Foretress aren't OHKOed and a non-choiced Scizor will hurt if not OHKO through magnezone with BB/Superpower. I don't like the lead very much SO l Suggest a lead Metagross:
Metagross @ Leftovers/Focus Sash/Salac Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 200 Atk / 160 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion/Bullet Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
Really nice lead EQ 2hko's other Metagrosses, but not enough so l generally SR first turn. Metor Mash takes down Azelfs, as they usually taunt first, and an amazing lead all over, SR then go Boom, Lefties if you don't want to Explode, or run Bullet Punch, Fsash to ensure SR get up, Salac for a suprise speed boost (very gimmicky) l generally run Leftovers even with Explosion because u might get a non-defensive Metagross in 2hits and u migt get to survive haven't really tested it though l generally just SR
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:31 am

ES has far less use than superpower/FB. Weavile is real uncommon and scizor can't hope to OHKO. Jirachi is a standard lead that can take down azelf and aero without them setting up rocks. Thunderbolt will already kill the steels and boltbeam is much better coverage.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:45 pm

calze6 wrote:ES has far less use than superpower/FB. Weavile is real uncommon and scizor can't hope to OHKO. Jirachi is a standard lead that can take down azelf and aero without them setting up rocks. Thunderbolt will already kill the steels and boltbeam is much better coverage.
I am not saying Jarachi is a bad lead, l like Jirachi as a lead. but he said that he is willing to change his lead, so l just gave him a suggestion because l didn't like the moveset so l was going to give his a different poke to see if he likes it. Metagross us an awesome lead that l have tested, just not in a long time and l cannot find it again, so the EVs might not be exact. And ES just Bypasses other Priority users mainly Weavile and Mamoswine which are common btw. Granted BoltBeam for Magnezone does have more coverage, but HP fire or ground kills most steels that you trap, which is Magnezone's main job. A Scizor that has Brick Break or Superpower would kill it quickly.A choiced heatran falls prey to a an HP ground seeing as it cannot escape (if you come in on a resisted attack namely DPulse which Dragonite tends to attract)
Kale12321
Kale12321

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Scizor Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks for the rates guys! I've taken into consideration your rates and I've come up with a team I seem to like. This team has fared well in shoddy with a win rate of about 75% but I think I've found a better team in the making. I'll edit it in.

@ Umbriel: I was thinking of exchanging dragonite for flygon, but, I find I lose more firepower. I really don't like a hit and run pokemon and dragonite is one of my favorite pokemon. Thanks for the suggestion though! I'm changing the lead too.

@ Calze6: I've taken your move change into thought but, I like extremespeed better because it extremely helps to take out potent killers such as Jolteon after a DD with ES. I like that subsalac idea and it helped me power through a lot of my games, thanks! I'm changing the lead to metagross which as Kale had suggested, but I will be using the standard 252 Atk and 252 HP and 4 Speed spread. As for nape, I will be changing that to heatran putting more steels in my team and a plethora of resistances on my team.I rather like HP Fire but I may consider changing it. Thanks for the rate!

@ Kale12321: I really liked your suggestion so I tried the lead gross and I loved it. It worked wonders for my teams and still keeping the theme. I really liked it Very Happy. Thanks for the arguement and I think I'll keep my Hidden Power probably and I'll keep extremespeed.

Thanks for the rates and I will definitely edit in your rates and changes Smile
Chocolate Scizor
Chocolate Scizor

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:15 am

Both leads suggested are standard. I suggest that you try trick scarf rachi. It is also really good. Btw, +1 dragonite outruns jolteon easily so the ES argument is poor.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by 123wert50 Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:49 pm

I don't really like Jirachi that much, but that's just my opinon.
123wert50
123wert50

Friend Code : SS: 5028-0407-6070

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:30 pm

I think Competitive isn't using the pokes that you like. It is about using the best pokes.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Calze6 wrote:What!? Competitive isn't using the pokes that you like. It is about using the best pokes.
Not always, sometimes its about using pokes u like and turning them into the best
Kale12321
Kale12321

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:01 am

That isn't playing competitive. Using favourites doesn't necessarily help. You need to use the best. Otherwise, it ain't competitive.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Calze6 wrote:I think Competitive isn't using the pokes that you like. It is about using the best pokes.

What if your favorite Pokemon is the best Pokemon, like Scizor or Gyarados? Razz

I actually liked the Jirachi set. The problem with having a standard lead Jirachi is that everyone is expecting it to either Stealth Rock, Iron Head, or use Trick. Also, when it uses Fire Punch, they'll expect it to be a scarf with Iron Head, and when Jirachi uses Thunderbolt, they'll expect it to be a Calm Mind set. Although he let go of the set and it had poor use of EV distribution, it was surprising and quite decent.
Blaze
Blaze

Friend Code : 2665 2610 8159

Back to top Go down

Post by Calze6 Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:29 am

Well expert belt jirachi DOES work. It's just not as effective as a lead and you can easily fit SR on it.
Calze6
Calze6

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Scizor Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Sorry guys! I went inactive for a very long time since I traveled to the Phillipines, so I'm sorry for not updating my post! Also, I still can't beleive this thread is still alive! I though it would quickly die off while being gone! LOL
Well I guess I'll update it now... but don't be so sure it will have all the same pokemon and if I really am going to update it. Sorry!
Chocolate Scizor
Chocolate Scizor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down