Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT

4 posters

Go down

Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT Empty Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT

Post by Erufuun Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:15 pm

Hello, I've used this team to gain quite a few wins in PO's Beta server. It's basic.

Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT 248
The SandStorm maker - Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Spread - 252 Spe,140 Atk, 116 Sp. Atk
Ability - Sand Stream [Of course, lol.]

~Fire Blast
~Stone Edge
~EarthQuake
~Pursuit

Tyranitar is great. It can set up SS and Revenge Kill things. Flamethrower is mainly for Nattorei, who walls T-Tar. Stone Edge and E-Quake complete the feared QuakeEdge Combo, which gives it great coverage. Pursuit are for Starmie hoping to switch out, but instead getting OHKO'd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Possible Changes:
Different EV spread. Possible Different nature.

Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT Ditto
The Anti-Set up - Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Spread - Naive, 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 HP
Ability - Eccentric

~Transform

Ditto got a HUGE boost in Gen V. Eccentric copies the opponents stats, which basically means he outspeeds everything with Scarf. [Assuming they don't have a scarf.]
Another nice thing is Ditto copies stat changes, and stat-upping sweepers don't have scarfs. [Unless stupidity.]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Possible Changes:
Different spread.
Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT 472
The Annoyer - Gliscor @ BrightPowder
Spread - Jolly, 252 HP, 140 Sp. Def., 118 Def.

~EarthQuake
~Stone Edge
~Swords Dance
~Roost
This set is great. I first either Swords Dance or Roost off Stealth Rock depending on the opponent. Nothing much to say except QaukeEdge provides me great coverage.
Possible changes:
Maybe a Baton Passer.

Possible Changes:

Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT Doryuuzu
The Power-House- Doryuuzu @ Balloon [Works GREAT.]
Spread - Adamant, 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 HP
Ability - Sand Throw

~EarthQuake
~Rock Slide
~X-Scissor
~ Swords Dance

Doryuuzu is very good, he can counter alot of Pokemon which usually means he at least gets 1 SD up. EarthQuake and Rock Slide complete a Pseudo-QuakeEdge, while X-Scissor is for more coverage. Nothing else said about that. :/
Possible Changes:
Ehh. None I can think of right now.

Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT 28
The #2 Sweeper - SandSlash @ Life Orb
Spread - Jolly, 140 HP, 190 Atk, 180 Spe

~EarthQuake
~Stone Edge
~X-Scissor
~Swords Dance

This is basically a wannabe Doryuuzu. I SD first, or SE, EQ, X-S, depending on the opponent. The EV spread I have him was for his Physical bulk. The rest I placed into Attack to help him, though if SandSlash gets up 1 SD it can still be frightening.
Possible Changes:
Replacing him with something else or different spread.

Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT 534 [Only sprite. Sad]
The cleaner - Roobushin
Spread - Adamant, 252 Atk, 80 HP, 90 Def., 84 Sp. Def.
Ability - Iron Fist

~Mach Punch
~Drain Punch
~Payback
~Stone Edge

Roobushin is basically a better Machamp. Access to a weak priority STAB move coming off 416 Atk is going to at least to 30% to most Physical walls, adding Iron Fist. What a Face
Drain Punch is for Iron Fist abuse, and recovery. Payback is for Dusknoir, Shandera etc.
Stone Edge finally is for 'Mence, Dragonite etc. The spread I use takes action on Roobushins Attack and bulk.
Possible Changes:
Iron Fist for Encourage. Not replacing.

And that's it! Feel free to make changes, I'll test them and see if they suit me. Smile
[*Hopes he's not breaking rules*]

Last edited by Erufuun on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : New things to add.)
Erufuun
Erufuun

Friend Code : HG - 5199 4628 2454 Plat - 1205 0395 2996

Back to top Go down

Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT Empty Re: Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT

Post by Extisy Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:07 am

Use substitute over Stone edge @ doryuuzu

and I'd add an gliscor with brightpowder.

Moves: roost - EQ - SD - Brick Break

Extisy

Back to top Go down

Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT Empty Re: Sandstorm of the Mole - 5th Gen OU RMT

Post by Erufuun Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:15 am

I don't get a reason to use Sub over Rock Slide on Doryuuzu. And who'd I replace to put in Gliscor?
Erufuun
Erufuun

Back to top Go down

Post by Extisy Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:40 am

Because most of the time when you bring in Doryuuzu, people will switch out. If you use sub you can't be harmed by secondairy moves, and still get your SD, and maybe two. You can also scout for moves. Or sandslash, or ditto. Your choice.

Extisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Erufuun Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:34 am

I'l try this out. And Ditto won't go. I've replaced SandSlash with LO Starmie, so I'll try out Gliscor now.It looks good, but it had trouble with T-Spikes, SPikes, and Stealth Rock.Doryuuzu is great so I'll keep your set. Very Happy
Erufuun
Erufuun

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeCenter Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:39 pm

Hey I guess you haven't looked into Murrando @ Sandstorm. He'd be perfect! Trust me his used on one of my teams. His ability is Sand Throw too.
PokeCenter
PokeCenter

Friend Code : Diamond: 1763-7519-2717

Back to top Go down

Post by Extisy Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:37 pm

PokeCenter wrote:Hey I guess you haven't looked into Murrando @ Sandstorm. He'd be perfect! Trust me his used on one of my teams. His ability is Sand Throw too.

There is no such poke as 'Murrando'

Extisy

Back to top Go down

Post by saber Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:30 pm

if your going for a defensive set with gliscor you should test out the pre-evo stone on gligar it boosts both of his defenses by 1.5.

also water types ruin this team, so you may want to consider something that resists water as in 5th gen drizzle teams are everywhere so you have pretty much zero counters to rain. With this in mind be careful not to let tyranitar die because then a mid game politoad will ruin half of your team.

Thanks to new drizzle and drought abusers you definitly have to worry about other weather teams, trust me i have a sand team too you can even see it here on this forum. Sandslash seams to be your weak link, you should never have the exact same moveset on 2 pokemon on the same team.

I suggest for a replacement something that functions well in any weather and make sure it can kill politoad.

Sorry for the long rate... lol
saber
saber

Friend Code : Platinum FC: 1462-8841-7342

Back to top Go down

Post by Extisy Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:24 am

^

Replace sandslash with metagross agility set:

Agility - Thunderpunch - EQ - Explosion/meteor mash

Don't know the natures / EV's

Extisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down