Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Pokemon In-Game Challenges Thread

4 posters

Go down

The Official Pokemon In-Game Challenges Thread Empty The Official Pokemon In-Game Challenges Thread

Post by Magical Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:08 am

I am making the in-game challenges thread for the PokeCenter fourms! I am going to try and be as updated as possible with this thread... I will update with my own challenges from time to time, so anyway, let's get to the challenges, shall we?

Scramble Challenge
You go through a game with a team picked by others. The first six people to post pokemon are the pokemon you use.

1. No picking useless pokemon, e.g. Magikarp...
2. No Duplicates.
3. Unevolved pokemon are fine.
4. You may use another pokemon until you get one of your specified pokemon. Then you may only use your specified pokemon.
5. You may only choose up to two pokemon per person per game. For example, if they choose two games, then you may choose two pokemon for each game.

Challenge:
Challengers - Game
pl44 - Emerald
Talesfan1 - Ruby

Completed:
Challengers - Game

Monotype Challenge
Basically You go through a game using only one type of pokemon. Post here with what type you choose, and what game.

Rules

1. You may only use one type of pokemon e.g. Only Grass pokemon, only Fire pokemon, etc... You can't use one Fire and one Grass.
2. You may only use one of each pokemon e.g. You can't have two Pikachus
3. You can't use two pokemon from the same evolution line e.g. You can't use Pikachu and Raichu. Split Evolutions are fine e.g. Poliwrath and Politoad.
4. No Ghost or Dragon types, because of the general lack of those types of pokemon in game.
5. If your starter is not the same type you chose, you may use your starter until you catch a pokemon of your type.
6. You can use HM slaves of a type other than your own, but you can't use them in battle.
7. You are allowed two trades in your game. Trading to evolve pokemon does not count toward the two trades. Trading pokemon you can already get doesn't count toward the trades. What does count is trading to obtain a pokemon you wouldn't be able to get yet e.g. A Sneasel before Snowpoint.

Good luck. You may post your progress here.

Challenge:
Challengers - Game - Type

Completed:
Challengers - Game - Type

Single Challenge
You go through the game using a single pokemon.

Rules

1. You can use HM slaves, as long as you don't battle with them.
2. You may use another pokemon until you get your specified pokemon.

Good luck. You may post your progress here.

Challenge:
Challengers - Game - Pokemon

Completed:
Challengers - Game - Pokemon

Last edited by Magical on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 8 times in total
Magical
Magical

Friend Code : HG: 5285-5467-4149

Back to top Go down

The Official Pokemon In-Game Challenges Thread Empty Re: The Official Pokemon In-Game Challenges Thread

Post by Magical Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:19 am

Moveset Challenge
You pick your team, but others pick your movesets.

Rules:

1. There has to be at least 1 attacking move per pokemon.
2. Please do not assign useless moves e.g. splash.
3. Assign a TM only once, because you cannot trade for others. e.g. If two pokemon learn Earthquake via TM, assign only one of them the attack.

Challenge:
Challenger - Game

Completed:
Challenger - Game

Unevolved Challenge
Players must go through the game without evolving any of there Pokemon on their team.

Rules:

1. Players must not evolve their Pokemon under any circumstance.
2. Players cannot choose a Pokemon for their party that can evolve by friendship, like Chansey.
3. If a player catches a Pokemon un-evolved, but it has evolved before, such as Nidorino, they can still use it on their team, just so long as they don't evolve it.

Challenge:
Challenger - Game

Completed:
Challenger - Game

Speed Challenge
Complete the game in as little time as possible.

Rules:

1. I won't allow trades for this challenge.

Challenge:
Challenger - Game

Completed:
Challenger - Game - Time
Magical
Magical

Back to top Go down

The Official Pokemon In-Game Challenges Thread Empty Re: The Official Pokemon In-Game Challenges Thread

Post by Magical Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:24 am

Colour Challenge
Go through the game with pokemon of a specific color.

Rules:

1. You are allowed two trades for this challenge.
2. The pokemon must be classified as that color in the pokemon.
3. Only use the pokemon's normal coloring. e.g. A shiny Charizard would still count as a red pokemon, not a black.

Challenge:
Challenger - Game - Color

Completed:
Challenger - Game - Color

Catch-Less Challenge
You can only use pokemon given to you by NPCs.

Rules:

1. You may catch pokemon to use as HM slaves.
2. You may not use pokemon you traded over from another game.
3. Game Corner pokemon do not count.

Challenge:
Challenger - Game
Markus - Sapphire

Completed:
Challenger - Game

Combined Challenge
Challengers can combine two or more of the above {and/or below} challenges for an even harder challenge. E.g. Scramble and monotype, scramble and moveset, etc.

Rules:

1. The same rules for each challenge still apply. e.g. If you pick a scramble and monotype, see the scramble and monotype sections.

Challenge:
Challenger - Game - Challenges

Completed:
Challenger - Game - Challenges

Last edited by Magical on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magical
Magical

Back to top Go down

Post by Magical Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:25 am

Reserved for new challenges that I or anyone else makes.
Magical
Magical

Back to top Go down

Post by PL44 Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:52 am

Entering scramble challenge
PL44
PL44

Friend Code : Don't have one

Back to top Go down

Post by Magical Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:07 am

polelover44 wrote:Entering scramble challenge

On what game? You have to remember to give a game, when doing a challenge.
Magical
Magical

Back to top Go down

Post by PL44 Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:21 am

Oh sorry. Emerald.
PL44
PL44

Back to top Go down

Post by Magical Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:51 am

@polelover44: I'll give you a Absol
Magical
Magical

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:12 pm

I'll do catch-less on sapphire (i hate the game but I need a CHALLENGE also, when do i get the 2nd freebie pokemon? I'm stuck with my junk pokemon.)
Markus
Markus

Friend Code : 3523-8852-5508

Back to top Go down

Post by Magical Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:15 pm

Markus wrote:I'll do catch-less on sapphire (i hate the game but I need a CHALLENGE also, when do i get the 2nd freebie pokemon? I'm stuck with my junk pokemon.)

Markus, you can start. When pole gets 6 pokemon, he can start.

EDIT: I think the only pokemon are Treeko/Torchic/Mudkip and a fossil pokemon. I'd also reccomend Mudkip, cause he owns the first 4 gyms.
Magical
Magical

Back to top Go down

Post by Talesfan1 Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Hey Magical, please add me to the list of challenges under scramble, I will use my ruby version, so please supply me with the Pokemon I am to use members of PokeCenter.
Talesfan1
Talesfan1

Friend Code : 0904-8377-9915

Back to top Go down

Post by Magical Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:17 pm

@Tales: You shall have a Mawile

EDIT: Since no one else is giving you pokes, you shall also have a Absol

Magical
Magical

Back to top Go down

Post by Talesfan1 Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Alright two pokes I have yet to use, let us hope upon more people posting in here.
Talesfan1
Talesfan1

Friend Code : 0904-8377-9915

Back to top Go down

Post by Magical Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Hey guys, anyone with ideas for new challenges?
Magical
Magical

Back to top Go down

Post by PL44 Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Need Pokemon for my Emerald scramble. I have Absol so far guys, just need 5 more!
PL44
PL44

Back to top Go down

Post by Magical Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Polelover44 wrote:Need Pokemon for my Emerald scramble. I have Absol so far guys, just need 5 more!

Talesfan also needs pokes, doing Ruby, and has Mawile and Absol, post what you'll give him, please
Magical
Magical

Back to top Go down

Post by Magical Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Sorry dor double posting, but

BUMP.
Magical
Magical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down