Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NU RMT

5 posters

Go down

NU RMT Empty NU RMT

Post by Shreyas Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 pm

I have been thinking for a long time to think of a good NU team that could play well in the NU environment. I especially wanted this team to include a Xatu, so I built this team around Xatu. Here is the team at a glance:
NU RMT I_neithioNU RMT I_betobetonNU RMT I_kuchiitoNU RMT I_nuooNU RMT I_samehadaaNU RMT I_eefii

This Team works well together especially since most of them cover each others weaknesses.

NU RMT Xatu
Xatu @ Flame Orb
Bold (+Spe, -SpA)
Early Bird
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
-Psycho Shift
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Night Shade
Xatu may not be a good lead, but I had ho room to fit in a lead in this team, and Xatu can do pretty well countering some common physical leads such as Persian, Purugly, and Primeape. Xatu can live 1 Fake Out and 1 Bite from a Persian and hit back with psycho shift. He could take a Fake Out and Return and get off a Psycho Shift. He could also take a Stone Edge or Ice Punch from Primeape. Xatu has nice capabilities as a lead. He could give off Burn and Sleep. He recovers all health with only 1 turn of sleep thanks to Early Bird.

NU RMT Muk
Muk @ Black Sludge
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Sticky Hold
212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Payback
-Ice Punch
Muk is a very bulky pokemon with great attacking capabilities. He can switch in a bit more freely and helps me rid Toxic Spikes since my team hates Toxic Spikes. Stealth Rocks and Spikes are not too much of a problem since my sweepers are late game killers and all my tanks have a recovery move. Muk Subs on a pokemon he scares and proceeds to Focus Punch, Payback, or Ice Punch depending on the switch.

NU RMT Mawile
Mawile @ Leftovers
Impish (+Def, -SpA)
Intimidate
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
-Super Fang
-Sucker Punch
-Toxic
-Pain Split
What is a team without a steel type? This team needs a pokemon to take out physical threats and have some stalling capabilities. That is where Mawile comes in. Toxic+Super Fang+Sucker Punch will destroy almost any thing. Super Fang will always do half damage and Toxic will take the pokemon out. Pain Split will help Mawile regain lost HP and help with the annoying Toxic+Sucker Punch+ Super Fang combo.

NU RMT Quagsire
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Careful (+SpD, -Atk)
Water Absorb
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Recover
-Yawn
My team needed a pokemon to take out Water, Fire and Electric types. The only pokemon in NU that can actually do that is Quagsire. A great tank. Max HP and SpD for taking Special hits that Mawile is scared of. Earthquake gives decent STAB and can hit many pokemon hard. Ice Punch will take out some grass types when I predict a switch. Recover is perfect for Quagsire to Recover and Yawn will force a lot of switches.

NU RMT Sharpedo
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Rough Skin
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Crunch
Sharpedo may be a week pokemon in defenses, but when you take a deeper look at his offensive strength, you will be surprised for what he can do. Revenge Killing weak pokemon with Aqua Jet. And quickly sweeping with Earthquake, Crunch and Waterfall. A great offensive power house.

NU RMT Espeon
Espeon @ Choice Scarf
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Synchronize
36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
-Trick
-Signal Beam
-Hidden Power ]Fighting]
-Psychic
Espeon is a great revenge killer as well as a perfect killer pokemon in NU. With his Scarf, all (commonly) scarf'd and non-scarf'd pokemon get outsped. I gave him 216 speed EVs to reach 241 Speed at level 100 and outspeed all base 105 pokemon w/o a scarf. Signal Beam will take down many psychic and grass pokemon and HP Fighting will give coverage over some steel type tanks such as probopass and bastiodon. Psychic is a basic STAB move for Espeon.

There is my team ^_^ please rate it!
Shreyas
Shreyas

Friend Code : 0045-5475-0408

Back to top Go down

NU RMT Empty Re: NU RMT

Post by Pokemonrulez Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:40 pm

I like your team!
Its probably a 9 out of 10!
For me, I wouldn't have Mawile in there, I'd have a Houndoom or a fire-type! Very Happy
Pokemonrulez
Pokemonrulez

Friend Code : 1978-5566-4462

Back to top Go down

Post by Shreyas Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:43 pm

The problem with Houndoom is that it is too frail and week to Stealth Rocks and this team lacks a reliable spinner. Mawile covers weaknesses to this team that Houndoom will take out, so Mawile stays, but thanks for the advice! =D
Shreyas
Shreyas

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokemonrulez Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:51 pm

Ah yes!
Good point! I never noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out to me!
Pokemonrulez
Pokemonrulez

Friend Code : 1978-5566-4462

Back to top Go down

Post by Shreyas Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:01 pm

No Problem ^_^

I would still like more advice on this team please~
Shreyas
Shreyas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:46 pm

I love and have used the Xatu. Ruined many pokemon! I would use a lead Flotzel if u don't want a lead Xatu. I would replace sharpedo with it

Flotzel @ Lum Berry
Jolly (+Speed - SpAtk)/Adamant(+Attack -SpAtk)
252/Speed 252/attack 4hp
-Taunt
-Aqua Jet
Crunch/BB/Ice Punch
Waterfall

With Max speed you can out speed Jumpy leads but cannnot OHKO if its max HP/Def if its Jolly but can 2HKO and avoid sleep with Lum Berry. but if you run admant you can OHKO it and avoid sleep, but u can't speed tie with Persian.
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by Boota212 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:16 pm

This is a very solid team. I'd go with a Baton Pass Mawile though, it tends to catch people off gaurd and boost fairly high before having to Baton Pass.
Boota212
Boota212

Friend Code : 0217-5260-7916

Back to top Go down

Post by saber Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:00 pm

on espeon i would recommend shadow ball over signal beam, this is because it ets perfect typre coverage with hidden power fighting and it also takes out the types you mentioned signal beam to be useful for
saber
saber

Friend Code : Platinum FC: 1462-8841-7342

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum