Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Lend Me a Hand With My Team

+3
ShinyTurtwig
Gengar
Coolchill214
7 posters

Go down

Please Lend Me a Hand With My Team Empty Please Lend Me a Hand With My Team

Post by Coolchill214 Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm new at this so,can you tell me if I have any Ubers?I'm clueless about them Rolling Eyes .Any suggestions or tips will be takin' into consideration.Thanks.

Latios,Male(of course),Ability:Levitate,Nature:Hasty.
Item:Soul Dew
Moves:Luster Purge,Charge Beam,Physcic,Energy Ball.
Ev's:213 Atk,150 Def,272 Sp. Atk,251 Sp. Def,268 Speed,HP:281
My Special Attacker.Using the Soul Dew,his 272 Sp. Atk and 251 Sp. Def raise.(This item is only available through Wi Fi events!)Charge Beam,because it may raise Sp. Atk,and it could come in handy against water types.Physcic is a good Sp. Atk to fall back on,if Luster Purge runs out of PP.In the near future,I'll probably forget Energy Ball for a Physical move in case a taunter comes along.The reason he knows Luster Purge is because,having a Latios/Latias with no Luster Purge is like having cookies with no milk.
Togekiss,Male,Ability:Hustle,Nature:Brave
Item:Shell Bell
Moves:Fly,Metronome,Ancient Power,Giga Impact.
Ev's:126 Atk,224 Def,246 Sp. Atk,247 Sp. Def,171 Speed,HP:280
Now,out comes my Togekiss.Being the only flying type of my team,you would probably think it would know better flying type attacks,right?Ya I'm working on that.If you could suggest a Special flying type move I would really appreciate it.I have Ancient Power to defeat another fire type Pokemon come out,and I'm probably gonna get rid of Giga Impact,so suggestions for that will really help out.The reason he knows Metronome is for the same reason,as Latios and Luster Purge.With a 224 Def,Togekiss would probably land a decent amount of attacks,so Shell Bell will help with Togekiss staying alive.

Dusclops,Male,Ability:Pressure,Nature:Careful
Item:Quick Claw
Moves:Will-O-Wisp,Shadow Punch,Mean Look,Payback.
Ev's:145 Atk,265 Def,112 Sp. Atk,291 Sp. Def,55 Speed,HP:190
My Dusclops.He's around to inflict a burn,keep a pokemon I want in play,and deal some damage to any kind of wall.Since my Dusclops has a 55 Speed stat,Dusclops has a good chance of going last,so I could easily play a powerful Payback attack.The quick claw is there to occasionally allow my Dusclops to go first,which is good for inflicting a burn using Will-O-Wisp.

Blissey,Female,Ability:Natural Cure,Nature:Bashful
Item:Fist Plate
Moves:Focus Blast,Iron Tail,Hyper Beam,Flamethrower
Ev's:48 Atk,31 Def,174 Sp. Atk,293 Sp. Def,122 Speed,HP:624
Okey,now we go to Blissey.Having the highest stat as Sp. Def on a Blissey isn't a very good way to beat fighting types.Most fighting type moves are physical,so a high Sp. Def is pretty pointless if your a normal type.Focus Blast is to deal with any Miltank or Blissey walls.Iron Tail is there for annoying rock types that would probably land a Stealth Rock on my team.Honestly,I dont think Hyper Beam is that good so if you have any suggestions for that they'd be great.Flamethrower is good for Sceptiles,or any other fast grass types that won't expect Flamethrower from a Blissey . Wink

Bronzong,Unknown Gender,Ability:Levitate,Nature:Impish
Item:Odd Incense
Moves:Physcic,Gyro Ball,Earthquake,Trick Room
Ev's:213 Atk,293 Def,173 Sp. Atk,267 Sp Def,101 Speed,HP:274
Surprisingly faster than my Dusclops,if you want to vs me beware of this pokemon.I've faced many Trick Room Bronzongs and the battles were un-usually long.With a decent Sp. Atk,Physcic isn't too strong unless there's type advantage,so any Physical Psycic type move suggestions would be helpful.Gyro Ball is there because my Blissey is my only other Pokemon who knows a steel type move.Earthquake is there to eliminate any fire types that come out.

Lapras,Male,Ability:Shell Armor,Nature:Naive
Item:Magnet
Moves:Blizzard,Thunder,Sheer Cold,Hydro Pump
Ev's:178 Atk,170 Def,178 Sp. Atk,186 Sp. Def,161 Speed,HP:374
I will probably be getting rid of Blizzard,soon or later,because Sheer Cold is enough of ice moves on my team,because I have coverage of all types that ice is super effective.Thunder is there for any water types,like Gyrados,who can launch another Thunder attack back.The magnet raises the power so I dont have to worry about that to much.Hydro Pump is there,because whats a water type without a water move,and a strong one at that?

Please take into consideration that I am new at this.

Last edited by Coolchill214 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I edited my team and when I checked again,the post was gone!)
Coolchill214
Coolchill214

Friend Code : SS:1162 3045 0256

Back to top Go down

Please Lend Me a Hand With My Team Empty Re: Please Lend Me a Hand With My Team

Post by Gengar Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Where are they?
Gengar
Gengar

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinyTurtwig Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Not bad of a team but my Latios has Charge Beam too so good choice.
ShinyTurtwig
ShinyTurtwig

Friend Code : 0990-6069-4130

Back to top Go down

Post by Kon Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:28 pm

But latios is uber so it cant be used in a battle.
Kon
Kon

Friend Code : 0775- 6929-3583(SoulSilver)

Back to top Go down

Post by Registeel Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Kon wrote:But latios is uber so it cant be used in a battle.

Yea.. Latios is uber...

Sorry, this doesn't relate to this topic, but Latias isn't uber is it? I'm just curious..
Registeel
Registeel

Friend Code : Your no friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kon Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Registeel wrote:

Yea.. Latios is uber...

Sorry, this doesn't relate to this topic, but Latias isn't uber is it? I'm just curious..

Both Latios and Latias are uber.
Kon
Kon

Friend Code : 0775- 6929-3583(SoulSilver)

Back to top Go down

Post by Registeel Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Kon wrote:
Registeel wrote:

Yea.. Latios is uber...

Both Latios and Latias are uber.

Really? I really did think Latias wasn't uber, unless it is holding Soul Dew.

My mistake Smile
Registeel
Registeel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinator Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:27 am

I don't think the Lati's are ubers. They can get into the Battle frontier, so yea
Marinator
Marinator

Friend Code : Currently don't have one

Back to top Go down

Post by Registeel Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:29 am

Marinator wrote:I don't think the Lati's are ubers. They can get into the Battle frontier, so yea

But in competitive wifi battling, that's another story. Like Salamence, in wifi battling is uber, while Frontier, it is not.
Registeel
Registeel

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolchill214 Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:11 am

DANG IT!I honestly thought they weren't uber because you can obtain them in game play.That stinks,he's the best pokemon on my team. Sad
Since,Latios is uber I am now getting rid of:Latios and Togekiss.Any good replacements for Latios and Togekiss will be takin' into consideration.Thanks!

Last edited by Coolchill214 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Coolchill214
Coolchill214

Friend Code : SS:1162 3045 0256

Back to top Go down

Post by RSLfan Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:40 am

Go to http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/
and u can see all the pokemon and what tier they are in and look at some suggested movesets and such
RSLfan
RSLfan

Friend Code : 2837 2453 0624

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down