Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon or mario!!!

+10
raquaza
Theatra
MasterKeyX
jolteon00
KoolAid
adoxography
Puppet
Dray
billiethemancox
Eureka7
14 posters

:: Gaming :: Nintendo

Go down

Pokemon or mario!!! Empty Pokemon or mario!!!

Post by Eureka7 Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Which has a better franchise in yur opinon!!!
Eureka7
Eureka7

Friend Code : 3438-8683-5594

Back to top Go down

Pokemon or mario!!! Empty Re: Pokemon or mario!!!

Post by billiethemancox Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Both are top competitors in the video game market. The Mario franchise clearly holds 1st position in sales, while Pokemon is in 2nd. I guess I like Mario games more, because platformers are more appealing to me than others.
billiethemancox
billiethemancox

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Wow, we are on a pokemon centered forum and a favorite is mario Very Happy lol
Well i think the mario franchise is better too. Plus they have a... bigger variety of games.
Dray
Dray

Friend Code : 4254-5963-6348... i dont chat

Back to top Go down

Post by Puppet Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Umm. I think they're pretty even, even if one has higher sales than the other, it can't be by much. Both have been around for a VERY long time and they don't look like they're going to die out anytime soon.

However, if Pokemon doesn't make a serious change, its sales will probably drop.
Puppet
Puppet

Friend Code : 4511 9720 5832

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:44 pm

This belongs under the Nintendo section. Moving.
adoxography
adoxography

Friend Code : 1248 2704 5027

Back to top Go down

Post by KoolAid Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Marios not better, but more appealing and add a poll to this
KoolAid
KoolAid

Friend Code : 4641-1153-4420

Back to top Go down

Post by jolteon00 Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:31 am

Mario and Pokemon are actually numbers 1 and 2 biggest video game franchises ever- go nintendo!

Personally I like Pokemon much better! But I know how the public eats up anything Mario, still, while Pokemon has died down a little...

But I still love Puzzle League.
jolteon00
jolteon00

Friend Code : 0475 1848 3945

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterKeyX Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 pm

I like Pokemon much better, but in general I play both. Mario is more of a tabloid sellout, while Pokemon has remained true to the roots it first planted in 1996.

Plus, Pokemon has more depth and replayability.
MasterKeyX
MasterKeyX

Friend Code : 0860 1979 8849

Back to top Go down

Post by Theatra Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:40 pm

For me it depends on what I want to do. Pokemon is a great time sink, but sometimes I just want to run and collect some coins for just a couple of minutes, the new super mario bros wii is an amazingly fun game, and way more fun (personally) than any multiplayer pokemon so far
Theatra
Theatra

Friend Code : 2064-1339-6470

Back to top Go down

Post by raquaza Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:22 pm

I would prefer pokemon.It`s an adventure game.On mario u just ride cars.
raquaza
raquaza

Friend Code : 5070 4074 6615

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:10 pm

raquaza wrote:I would prefer pokemon.It`s an adventure game.On mario u just ride cars.
Have you ever played Mario? Super Mario? Mario World? Any of the (literally) dozens of Mario games that aren't Mario Kart?
And on topic, I definitely prefer Mario for fun factor. Pokemon is a great thing to lose yourself in when thinking long-term, but who doesn't love just sitting down and playing Mario for a little while?
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Friend Code : 0732 7475 5767

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrocannon Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:54 pm

Mario is a bit better than Pokemon.
there's a bit more variety and the mainstream mario games are much more challenging.
Don't believe me? the playing Super Mario Brothers the lost levels and getting to worlds A-D.
I'd rather try to catch a mewtwo at full health with just pokeballs than play Those worlds.
Hydrocannon
Hydrocannon

Friend Code : 1419 9372 9196

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaneco Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:16 pm

It's true Mario in itself varies a lot within his own games.

While Pokemon, usually remains mostly the same.
I believe Mario is better as an iconic character than
the whole Pokemon franchise alone.
Kaneco
Kaneco

Friend Code : Pearl: 4252-9971-7897

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:27 am

Hydrocannon wrote:Mario is a bit better than Pokemon.
there's a bit more variety and the mainstream mario games are much more challenging.
Don't believe me? the playing Super Mario Brothers the lost levels and getting to worlds A-D.
I'd rather try to catch a mewtwo at full health with just pokeballs than play Those worlds.

Agreed. Pokemon is highly repetitive, predictable, and even when they make new Pokemon, they're unoriginal. Mario keeps coming up with new games, constantly has new ways to play due to the variety of consoles on which it's available (and not just upgrading one system slightly like the small leap from GameBoy to GameBoy Advance to SP to DS - I never play any other kinds of Pokemon games because they're like playing an entirely different game) while still remaining true to the typical Mario standards.
adoxography
adoxography

Friend Code : 1248 2704 5027

Back to top Go down

Post by snuffleoffagus Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:29 pm

adoxography wrote:
Hydrocannon wrote:Mario is a bit better than Pokemon.

Agreed. Pokemon is highly repetitive, predictable, and even when they make new Pokemon, they're unoriginal. Mario keeps coming up with new games, constantly has new ways to play due to the variety of consoles on which it's available (and not just upgrading one system slightly like the small leap from GameBoy to GameBoy Advance to SP to DS - I never play any other kinds of Pokemon games because they're like playing an entirely different game) while still remaining true to the typical Mario standards.

I'd also have to agree that, in the main, Mario has had superior games, if you want an apples to bananas comparison, with more original gameplay. Mario just keeps evolving with the time, whereas I see Pokemon falling behind and then sprinting to catch up again. If I had to predict one that our children would still be playing fifteen years down the line, it would have to be Mario.
snuffleoffagus
snuffleoffagus

Friend Code : Main (HG)-3481 5174 5889

Back to top Go down

Post by billiethemancox Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:11 pm

If we were to go away from the games department, I'm sure we can all agree that Pokemon may be better when it comes to other things. T-Shirt designs, to anime to manga. People adore the original 150 more than they do their lives sometimes. You put a Charmander shirt next to a Mario shirt, I promise you the Pokemon will sell quicker. My Hot Topic tends to have a Pokemon shortage compared to Mario.
billiethemancox
billiethemancox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down