Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your favorite books? Wait, what's a book?!!

+31
jolteon00
MasterKeyX
uzumakiyuubi
Naruto Uzamaki
H0und00m
dash4ever
ShutterBox
Halo
funkydude97
DiscoPichu
Charizard98
jontsi
billiethemancox
ZeroHero
shaymin69
adoxography
Kale12321
Hydrocannon
Kon
ymlord
Porou
RSLfan
raquaza
hayner225
Ichimarunico
PokeCenter
arrancar memory
snuffleoffagus
blazingf
KoolAid
Jayorw
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What are your favorite books? Wait, what's a book?!! - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your favorite books? Wait, what's a book?!!

Post by adoxography Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:09 pm

shaymin69 wrote:harry Potter series!

I love Harry Potter as well. Smile
adoxography
adoxography

Friend Code : 1248 2704 5027

Back to top Go down

What are your favorite books? Wait, what's a book?!! - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your favorite books? Wait, what's a book?!!

Post by ZeroHero Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:45 am

It's been a few years since I read The Giver. That's the story about a town where kids' careers are chosen for them when they come of age, right?
ZeroHero
ZeroHero

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:21 am

ZeroHero wrote:It's been a few years since I read The Giver. That's the story about a town where kids' careers are chosen for them when they come of age, right?

Yes. It's a Utopian society--but it shows us that there are flaws even in Utopia.
The Giver is an old man who can pass down all memories of the things not permissible in Utopia (e.g. sledding and breaking a bone) to one child who is chosen so that they will still live on in the mind of at least one person.
I read it several times in elementary school.
adoxography
adoxography

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeroHero Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:34 am

Ah yes, I only vaguely remember it. I don't think it was very popular in my class, if I remember right. xD

I didn't read a lot of as a kid. Took the last couple years of school for me to really start appreciating books.
ZeroHero
ZeroHero

Back to top Go down

Post by billiethemancox Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Maximum Ride, Harry Potter and books that involves teenagers going through high school such as "The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green", "Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie", "Diary of a Wimpy Kid", "Mircal Wimp" and "Zen and the Art of Faking It".
billiethemancox
billiethemancox

Back to top Go down

Post by jontsi Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:48 pm

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, Hyperion cantos by Dan Simmons and Dune by Frank Herbert :3
jontsi
jontsi

Friend Code : 2236 0155 7080

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:44 pm

I absolutely and positively love The Picture of Dorian Gray. Lord Henry isn't a very likable character at all. D;
adoxography
adoxography

Back to top Go down

Post by Charizard98 Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:19 am

The Riddles Of Epsilon Was Stunning.
Charizard98
Charizard98

Friend Code : SoulSilver: 4340-5504-6047

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoPichu Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 am

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rolling is one of the best books I've ever read.

Happy Anniversary! Disco~
DiscoPichu
DiscoPichu

Friend Code : SS: 1376-9385-4118

Back to top Go down

Post by Charizard98 Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:15 am

Harry Potter and Deltora Quest Series were also pretty good.
Charizard98
Charizard98

Friend Code : SoulSilver: 4340-5504-6047

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayorw Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:15 am

Charizard98 wrote:Harry Potter and Deltora Quest Series were also pretty good.

Then just edit into your original post next time Charizard!
Jayorw
Jayorw

Friend Code : SS- 3524 5146 5032

Back to top Go down

Post by funkydude97 Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:04 am

I like the Left Behind series.
funkydude97
funkydude97

Friend Code : Plt:3825 2613 2434 SS: 1978 2575 9503

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:24 am

Mine would be the twilight series
Halo
Halo

Friend Code : 1548-6274-7684

Back to top Go down

Post by ShutterBox Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:03 pm

I loved Night by Elie Wiesel. It's ridiculously heart wrenching. Along with A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer.
Anything by Nora Roberts is amazing. Except for her "In Death" series as J.D. Robb. I'm not a big fan.
ShutterBox
ShutterBox

Friend Code : 3395-7693-5012

Back to top Go down

Post by dash4ever Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:26 pm

i love the Chronicles of Narina by C.S. Lewis
epic story and great imagination.
read all when i was about 10
Aslan rocks
dash4ever
dash4ever

Friend Code : Platinium 1720 6344 5967

Back to top Go down

Post by H0und00m Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:35 pm

idk the shining is pretty good.
H0und00m
H0und00m

Friend Code : SS - 0775 7717 3076

Back to top Go down

Post by blazingf Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed reading the Scarlet Letter and The Great Gatsby.
blazingf
blazingf

Friend Code : 4725 9076 4641

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Uzamaki Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Percy Jackson and the Olymipains series was good
Naruto Uzamaki
Naruto Uzamaki

Friend Code : Diamond:0775 4689 1189 Platinum: SS:

Back to top Go down

Post by KoolAid Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Yeah that was a really good series, not sure if we can add manga, but naruto is at the top of my list
KoolAid
KoolAid

Friend Code : 4641-1153-4420

Back to top Go down

Post by ShutterBox Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:59 pm

blazingf wrote:Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed reading the Scarlet Letter and The Great Gatsby.

The Great Gatsby is a good book if you don't have to read it for a class and over-analyze it.
ShutterBox
ShutterBox

Back to top Go down

Post by uzumakiyuubi Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Naruto Uzamaki wrote:Percy Jackson and the Olymipains series was good

That is my top fav book!
I bought the first 3 series and read through them. Im on the fourth.
uzumakiyuubi
uzumakiyuubi

Friend Code : forgot my FC

Back to top Go down

Post by billiethemancox Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:18 pm

ShutterBox wrote:I loved Night by Elie Wiesel. It's ridiculously heart wrenching. Along with A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer.
Anything by Nora Roberts is amazing. Except for her "In Death" series as J.D. Robb. I'm not a big fan.
If you liked Night you should read the other books that come after it. It's like Dawn and Day.
billiethemancox
billiethemancox

Back to top Go down

Post by ShutterBox Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:20 pm

billiethemancox wrote:
ShutterBox wrote:I loved Night by Elie Wiesel. It's ridiculously heart wrenching. Along with A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer.
If you liked Night you should read the other books that come after it. It's like Dawn and Day.

I hadn't known they existed until recently! They're on my list to buy when I have the money.
ShutterBox
ShutterBox

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterKeyX Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:08 pm

I have too many to name, so I'll just make a list:

1984, George Orwell
Animal Farm, George Orwell
Harry Potter Series, J.K. Rowling
Remember Me, Christopher Pike
Brave New World, Alduous Huxley
Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut
Scarlet Letter, (author's name escapes me at the moment...)
Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain
MasterKeyX
MasterKeyX

Friend Code : 0860 1979 8849

Back to top Go down

Post by jolteon00 Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:53 am

There was a dark time in my childhood just after my Yellow file got erased when I had nothing to hold on to... I would sleep in the guest room just to have books to read to keep me sane while I mourned the loss of my Raichu.

That's when I found Harry Potter, and spawned a whole new six-year-long obsession. I was at the Scholastic store in NYC when book 7 came out. I listened to MuggleCast religiously, and I went to a Wizard Rock concert.

Then that ended </3 and I started playing Pokemon again. Books? Psh.

Oh, but I do love the Maximum Ride books. (:
jolteon00
jolteon00

Friend Code : 0475 1848 3945

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next