Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

READ THIS BEFORE ROLE PLAYING!!!

Go down

READ THIS BEFORE ROLE PLAYING!!! Empty READ THIS BEFORE ROLE PLAYING!!!

Post by Last Memory Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Role-Playing Legit Rules

Alright... Not to bash on Landon but we need to lay down the law! Haha we need to really explain what a Role Play is, how to do it, and what you may do to become better.

First off, on what a Role Play is: A Role Play, in essence, is a plot. But you, the writers, must make it into a story. The Role Play (RP) is basically a story told by various writers and in various points of view. These different writers each create a unique character in the story. You must collaborate with each other to make it a good, readable story. There are also different types of RPs:

Popular Series RPs- RPs based off of a famous book, TV show, video game. I must add that the plot should not be the same as the plot of the series it is based off of.

Original RPs- These are plots that are made up by you. They came from you and were your ORIGINAL idea.

Pokemon RPs- Obviously, Pokemon RPs are plots about Pokemon. No further explanation here.

Casual RPs- These are, most likely, the hardest to keep going. These are RPs that really have no plot-line, just a basic idea.

There are the basic types of Role Plays. Now on to Rules.

Rules

1. No Flaming, Bullying, or Ganging Up on anyone.

2. Obey the Mods.

3. LISTEN TO YOUR RP CREATOR!!! This one gets an explanation. ALWAYS listen to the RP Creator. They made the RP. They, obviously, have a general idea of what they want the plot to go as. If you have an idea concerning the RP, PM them.

FOR RP CREATORS

Your are allowed to boot someone from your RP if they are not listening to you. If they continue posting then contact PC or a mod.

4. Do not reject someone from joining your RP if they rejected you from theirs.

5. Do not God Mod.
God Modding is forcing any unintended action upon a character not controlled by you. Examples include: Having others attacks miss all the time. Doing literally anything without breaking a sweat (all attacks miss, all attacks hit) Speaking for a character that is not yours. Controlling another person's character. This makes most people angry. If you think someone is God Modding then contact the RP creator.

6. Do not Spam! This one also makes me mad! Spamming would be posting something that has NO connection with the RP.

7. 5-sent. 7-line rule. Basically, you must have 5 sentences in each post so your post will be a quality advancement of character development and story development.

8. Watch your spelling and grammar. A few minor mistakes aren't bad but making every word wrong should be a reason to be kicked out. It confuses the readers and the other RPers.

9. DO NOT RESURRECT AN RP THAT IS INACTIVE FOR A MONTH!! IF YOUR RP REACHES A PERIOD OF INACTIVITY MORE THAN A MONTH THEN LOCK IT OR PM ME AND I WILL LOCK IT. If any RP reaches 3 months of inactivity then I will immediately lock it. This allows for easier finding certain RPs.

10. Do not copy a story unless you have permission. This is just not cool to do. Nobody likes to have their story stolen.

So there are the rules. Please abide by them to the best of your ability. If you think anyone has broken the rules contact a Moderator or PC. Now, let's talk about what makes an RPer good. Here are a few guidelines that just might improve your writing:

1. There is no specific way to write. Don't write like someone tells you to. Write exactly how the story comes to you. Feel the story and then put it on paper. It's that easy.

2. Description, Detail, and Explanation. Bad Example:
Last Memory wrote:Tommy walked down the river. He picked up a stone and threw it.
What was wrong with that post?? Exactly! The three things above. Where was the description of the river flowing, and the color of the river gleaming in the sunlight?? What did Tommy look like when he threw stone?? Why did Tommy threw the stone?? Was he angry?? Was he sad?? Those three things add actual substance to your post. Here's a better example. Notice how I write the same exact action but actually made it interesting and good.
Last Memory wrote:Tommy walked down to the river bank, mad at his life. Why couldn't his parents just understand that he wanted to become a trainer?? His relentless walking found him at the gleaming, fast moving river. He looked down out of habit and found several small stones sitting there. He picked one up and felt it. The smoothness that the river had caused was amazing. He threw the stone into the river where it landed with a plop.
See?? I got over 5 sentences and six lines out of that one action just by adding those three things. Description, Detail, and Explanation.

3. Be Consistent. Keep with your character! If you say your character loves to laugh then have him laugh constantly at random times. Stay consistent! It allows readers to get to know your character better and allows easier character development.

Now! Go RP!! Good luck, have fun, and stick to the rules. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or post it here. Until next time, bai bai!! lol!
Last Memory
Last Memory

Friend Code : None

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum