Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best graphic novel(s) you've ever read.

+2
KoolAid
adoxography
6 posters

Go down

Best graphic novel(s) you've ever read. Empty Best graphic novel(s) you've ever read.

Post by adoxography Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Which graphic novel is the best in your opinion? I've only read a handful.
This isn't only limited to manga. For instance, my favorite graphic novels are Watchmen and Ghost World [not manga]--along with Chobits [manga].

Although comic books aren't technically "graphic novels," this can be a place for discussion on them as well.
adoxography
adoxography

Friend Code : 1248 2704 5027

Back to top Go down

Best graphic novel(s) you've ever read. Empty Re: Best graphic novel(s) you've ever read.

Post by KoolAid Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Naruto.
KoolAid
KoolAid

Friend Code : 4641-1153-4420

Back to top Go down

Best graphic novel(s) you've ever read. Empty Re: Best graphic novel(s) you've ever read.

Post by snuffleoffagus Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:06 pm

itachi64 wrote:Naruto.

I think you know by now that can be easily interpreted as spam, especially today. Please try and post more than just one or two word responses in the future.
snuffleoffagus
snuffleoffagus

Friend Code : Main (HG)-3481 5174 5889

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:08 pm

My ex-girlfriend wrote and published her own graphic novels, so I clearly have to say her, though at the same time for privacy I can't use her name or reveal the name of any of her books. I hate you, internets Sad
So I guess I'll just be boring and pick Watchmen (except the ending... ugh)
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Friend Code : 0732 7475 5767

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:12 pm

itachi64 wrote:Naruto.

One-word posts don't lead to discussion.
Talk about what makes it your favorite.

For instance, Watchmen has a storyline that deviates from the norm of standard super hero plots.
Ghost World has sarcastic, dry humor which I found hilarious. Also - I'm opposed to reading only about generic, happily-ever-after, warm and fuzzy endings. I prefer the ambiguous endings that postmodern novels generally have, and Ghost World leaves off in that fashion.

Chobits made me cry like a baby. I related to it a lot somehow, I guess because it was about the love shared between a human and a persocom (which is a computer / robot fashioned to look like a human) and the stigma attached to that love, overcoming the stigma, and following the heart. This ending was indeed warm and fuzzy, as opposed to the aforementioned, but if it hadn't been, it would have been entirely depressing overall.

Also - I can sort-of see such technology coming about in the future.
adoxography
adoxography

Back to top Go down

Post by ShutterBox Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Haruka Fukushima, Natsumi Matsumoto and Natsumi Ando are amazing mangakas. Anything by them tend to be gorgeous.

But my all time favorite would have to be Sailor Moon, of course.

Pretear is a close second along with this one shot manga that I can't remember the name of at the moment.
ShutterBox
ShutterBox

Friend Code : 3395-7693-5012

Back to top Go down

Post by adoxography Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:50 pm

Has anyone here actually read the Pokemon manga? I began reading it one in junior or senior year of high school while in the library, but I couldn't get on frequently enough and stopped. I might want to pick it back up again.
adoxography
adoxography

Back to top Go down

Post by dash4ever Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:01 pm

i just started reading the pokemon manga some weeks back.
to be honest it was quite different than i imagined, it was great.
the storyline was good, good and bad gym leaders, elite 4 being bad guys and working with team rocket , catching mewtwo(epic). red catching more pokemon than ash (i liked that part cause ash was releasing his pokes, pidgeot charizard butterfree)
i reached where yellow was searching for red with pikachu.
dash4ever
dash4ever

Friend Code : Platinium 1720 6344 5967

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down