Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Teammates Needed

5 posters

Go down

New Teammates Needed Empty New Teammates Needed

Post by Ichimarunico Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:53 am

Alright, so lately I've been using a different teamfor OU and it's working well, but there's a gaping flaw: My team is devestated by the omnipresent Earthquake. I know I'm going to swap one of these for a Celebi and I'm considering swapping another for an as-yet-unknown pokemon, but I've had trouble choosing. I might drop Blissey because.. well... she's cool and I love how people hate her but she isn't exceptional on a team that's weak to Earthquake/Fighting attacks like mine.
Anyway, here it is at the moment:

Jirachi @Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature, 252 ATk 180 Speed 76 HP
U-Turn
Trick
Stealth Rock
Iron Head
Basic Trick lead, give their lead a Choice Scarf which almost always causes a switch, Stealth Rock or smack them then U-turn to safety (hopefully)

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
244 HP 28 S.Atk 232 Speed
Torment
Sub
Protect
Lava Plume
This is mostly to absorb the Fire attacks coming my Steel team's way, and it's great annoyance to everyone. Switch in to eat the fire attack, set up a sub on the switch, Torment their sweeper and laugh my head off (unless it's DDance gyarados) while whittling it to bits.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature, 252 Atk 252 Speed
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Explosion
Honestly, this was to hammer the point home but I'm considering dropping it. With the weaknesses he shares with Electivire, Jirachi, and Heatran I can't switch him in without letting one of them faint. I'm going to Scarf it or drop it.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Lonely Nature, 36 Atk 252 S.Atk 220 Spe
Flamethrower
Cross Chop
HP: Ice
Thunderbolt
Type coverage and paralyz-absorption, he does a good job of wiping out steel-types who expect him to be something they're not. He isn't fast enough without a motor boost, though, so he's having problems sweeping. If he had more power I'd scarf him but it's just not strong enough to warrant it, even with SR.

Blissey @ Leftovers
I'm not going to bother typing this all out. It's a Cleric Blissey, everyone knows what Blissey is and does. S.Toss Toxic Softboiled Aromatherapy.

Umbreon (courtesy of Snuffle <3 ) @Leftovers
Sassy Nature, 252 HP 200 Atk 56 S.Def
Wish
Curse
Payback
Yawn
A good wish-passer. Put out a Yawn, either Wish or Curse on the switch and either dig in and keep cursing or swap out to heal a lowered teammate. Taunt ruins this set but so far it's done pretty well. Most people don't expect the Spanish Inquisition..... errr... the Curse with Wish & Yawn so it can often cause multiple switches.
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Friend Code : 0732 7475 5767

Back to top Go down

New Teammates Needed Empty Re: New Teammates Needed

Post by KoolAid Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:52 am

I would drop the metagross for celebi, but consider Flygon aswell it is immune to ground attacks and can counter many of them but it is outclassed by salamence as it can do this better.
KoolAid
KoolAid

Friend Code : 4641-1153-4420

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:53 am

itachi64 wrote:I would drop the metagross for celebi, but consider Flygon aswell it is immune to ground attacks and can counter many of them but it is outclassed by salamence as it can do this better.
Flygon's an interesting choice but I will never, ever, ever, ever use a Salamence.
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Back to top Go down

Post by KoolAid Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:57 am

Why not, mixmence can easily eat entire teams alive. If you choose Flygon i would Scarf it.
KoolAid
KoolAid

Friend Code : 4641-1153-4420

Back to top Go down

Post by jolteon14 Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:56 am

Rotom can switch into earthquakes and is a great tank for most neutral moves.

You could also try a skarmory instead of blissey. physical moves aren't really going to touch it and its immune to earthquakes.

You could also use a rest talk gyarados who will switch into earthquakes for the team and electivire would be glad to switch into electric type attacks aimed at him for the boost in speed.

I'm so glad you don't use Salamence. I too, hate him with a passion.
jolteon14
jolteon14

Friend Code : 5199 5400 2403

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicksteel Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:18 pm

hmmm, yea i'd drop metagross, regardless of how cool he is, and ill agree with jolteon about rotom, i'd put a bunch of status moves on rotom so it can spread some of it around (will-o-wisp?). Status is always welcomed.

Btw I would absolutely despise your team in a match.
Quicksteel
Quicksteel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcmuffin Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 pm

hint: Blissey Jirachi and umbreon and heatran are good supporters, but you got too many xD Id put a forretress and take out Umbreon, since of lack of moves other than payback, forretress can be a good bait for people that want to finish it off, but u got heatran Very Happy just an opinion tho u can do whateva u want
Mcmuffin
Mcmuffin

Friend Code : 1849 6043 6021

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:10 am

Quicksteel wrote:hmmm, yea i'd drop metagross, regardless of how cool he is, and ill agree with jolteon about rotom, i'd put a bunch of status moves on rotom so it can spread some of it around (will-o-wisp?). Status is always welcomed.

Btw I would absolutely despise your team in a match.
That's essentially the point of the team. I made one almost identicle on Shoddy and the people there almost always go nuts and curse me out and quit within 5 mintues. The real problem my team has is that it's setup bait.
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down