Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Californian counties declare war on McDonald's

5 posters

Go down

Californian counties declare war on McDonald's Empty Californian counties declare war on McDonald's

Post by Umbrielle Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:34 am

From http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101104/happy-meals-101103/20101104/?hub=CalgaryHome

Fast food giant McDonald's says it is "extremely disappointed" by a decision by San Francisco authorities to put the kibosh on Happy Meals and impose a ban on giving away toys with kids' meals that don't meet certain nutritional standards.
San Francisco's Board of Supervisors gave preliminary approval to the ordinance on Tuesday evening, with a vote of 8-to-3. If the law passes a second vote, the city would become the first in the U.S. to impose such a ban.
Under the ruling, scheduled to take effect in December 2011, San Francisco restaurants will be allowed to include a toy with a meal only if the food and drink in the meal contain fewer than 600 calories, less than 640 milligrams of sodium and if less than 35 per cent of the calories are derived from fat (less than 10 per cent from saturated fat), except for fat contained in nuts, seeds, eggs or low-fat cheese.
In addition, the meals must contain a half-cup or more of fruit and three-quarters of a cup or more of vegetables. A breakfast meal must contain at least a half-cup of fruit or vegetables.

Apparently, blame for the high child obesity rate in the United States rests entirely on the McDonald's Happy Meal. Obviously this is deluded and ridiculous. Since when is it the state's responsibility to force its inhabitants to eat healthy? And since when does it do so by arbitrarily banning things?

But the man who sponsored the measure, San Francisco Supervisor Eric Mar, says the aim of the ban is to promote healthy eating habits while combating childhood obesity.

He calls the move "a challenge to the restaurant industry to think about children's health first."

"This is a tremendous victory for our children's health. Our children are sick. Rates of obesity in San Francisco are disturbingly high, especially among children of colour," said Mar.
Californian counties declare war on McDonald's 200px-Eric_Mar
Eric Mar: stupidest person in California?
Umbrielle
Umbrielle

Friend Code : N/A

Back to top Go down

Californian counties declare war on McDonald's Empty Re: Californian counties declare war on McDonald's

Post by Reshiram Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:55 am

Yeah, it is ridiculous that they are blaming it all on him.
Reshiram
Reshiram

Friend Code : Pokemon Black Friend Code: 5414-6679-9603

Back to top Go down

Californian counties declare war on McDonald's Empty Re: Californian counties declare war on McDonald's

Post by 123wert50 Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:41 am

Totally dumb. Besides, I'm 11 and I eat Mc. Donald's all the time.

Plus, I'm only 81 pounds. (Just checked.)
123wert50
123wert50

Friend Code : SS: 5028-0407-6070

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:58 am

Mc'donalds was my only source of food for a while ^^ and l stayed 40 pounds for about 3 or 4 years D= l am now 15 still eat at Mc Donald's a lot and lm only 116ish
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:33 pm

good, I hate micky d's and also i don't see whats wrong with it. can anybody explain what exactly is wrong about wanting healthier people in the U.S? It never appeared that they blamed them fully for obesity, although mc donalds does play quite a part.
Markus
Markus

Friend Code : 3523-8852-5508

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum