Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate my team, or my grandma will eat you!

+2
123wert50
Sircubith
6 posters

Go down

Rate my team, or my grandma will eat you! Empty Rate my team, or my grandma will eat you!

Post by Sircubith Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:15 pm

TEAM: crobat, swampert, scizor, manectric, dragonite, infernape.

The thinking behind my strategy, is to shut down lead, set up rocks, and try to sweep. The rest is mearly based on situation. I’m not the greatest mind, so help is appreciated in any form.

Crobat @ focus sash
Ability:inner focus
Nature: Jolly
EVs: SPD 252/ATK 252/HP 4
Moves:
~ cross poison
~ U-Turn
~ Taunt
~ Brave bird
Works Best With:Swampert
Why:crobat main purpose is to taunt the other lead to prevent sleep,and entry hazards from even being a factor. Leaving many teams without rocks can kill them.
Flaws: tyranitar can smash it with stone edge or the less commonly seen, ice punch, then the sandstorm does the rest, the same goes for hippowdon.
Pros: alot of the reason for crobat even being considered is unpredicability and its speed. if it can taunt and escape before even getting scratched is a huge help to my team, giving it an extra reveng killer if needed. it also prevents the already stated entry hazards if the taunt doesnt wear off. also the ability inner focus prevents flinching, letting it attack though fake out.

Swampert @ leftovers
Ability: torrent
Nature: Adamant
EVs:Hp100/ATK 200/ DEF 210
Moves:
~ waterfall
~ earthquake
~ Stealth rock
~ ice punch
Works Best With:crobat, and scizor. Crobat: crobat stops leads, as written above, if crobat does its job, were all good. swampert eliminates and checks most common scizor counters, like infernape, Rotom-A, Rotom-H.
Why:swampert resists most lead moves and is immune to electric rotom moves(assuming they're even using them) either way it really dents them, giving clear way for scizor to set up. mabye...
Flaws: Roserade leads... ice punch, mabye. and any grass move using Pokémon for that matter.
Pros: swampert performs best undermost cercumstances. being the bulky water/ground he is, he can take hits from most Pokémon and fire back, while retaining the ability to set up the rocks.

Scizor @ salac berry
Ability:swarm
Nature:Jolly
EVs: ATK 250/SPD 250/SDF 8
Moves:
~ X-scissor
~ Bullet punch
~ reversal
~ Swords Dance
Works Best With: himself i guess. doesnt really require help other than counter checks from swampert and manectric.
Why:fire hurts, and so does gyarados, being able to switch in one any of his moves and setting up without many repercutions if he does it quickly.
Flaws: Scizor has trouble muscling its way though gyarados, and the rotom forms with out an adaquat boost. getting that first SD and activating swarm and the salac berry is very important to the set, and possibly the match.
Pros: Scizor(especialy this one) is can be evil if given the chance to set up, killing Ttar and gengar with bullet punch. the rest depends on how many SD he can pull off.

Manectric @ choice scarf
Ability:static
Nature:Modest
EVs: SAtk 252/ SPD 252 /HP 4
Moves:
~ HP Grass
~ overheat
~ Thunderbolt
~ signal beam
Works Best With:infernape, scizor, and dragonite. being a reveng killer, he has the moves and the stats(IMO) to counter many of the above's weakness. attaking gyarados(before and after a speed boost) overheat for weavle, scizor and fortress. Why:thunderbolt takes care of the infernape counters EXCEPT swampert (that’s what HP grass is for). overheat covers weavle and mamoswine, signal beam is mostly filler for other random Pokémon.
Flaws:manectric get walled or stalled by many Pokémon such as swampert, blissy, and other bulky resistors of the predicted move. Causing him to swich or die.
Pros: now you may be thinking to yourself "why the crud manectric? jolteon or riaku does a much better job at every thing listed here..." what I liked about manectric over jolteon is overheat, its saved my butt plenty of times. and i just don't like riaku, sorry.

dragonite @ dragon fang
Ability: inner focus
Nature: careful
EVs: ATK 200/ SPD 200/ HP 108
Moves:
~ Outrage
~ Thunder punch
~ Dragon Dance
~ Earthquake
Works Best With: Manectric
Why: getting rid of weavel and gyarados are key to the survival of dragonite, covering the weaknesses can be tough.
Flaws: If dragonite leaves a foe alive for even one turn it could kill him, that double weakness is killer. bulky Pokémon such as suicune and milotic may be left alive if milotics ability its activated, leaving an opportunity for an ice beam, that’s why I made him have a careful nature, to cover the weaker sp. defences.
Pros: with salamence banished to ubers, ive seen an increase in dragonite users. I am one of them. providing his extra bulk and near salamence atk. I almost like him better. Not having the guarantee of an insta-kill with one ice attack.

Infernape @ life orb
Ability: blaze
Nature: naive
EVs: Atk 230/ Satk 20/ SPD 204/ HP 4
Moves:
~ Close combat
~ flareblitz
~ grassknot
~ earthquake
Works Best With: any one.
Why: the type coverage and stats, give a wide range of Pokémon he could counter and eliminate, for example grass knot swampert for manectric so I can revenge kill without worries.
Flaws: faster Pokémon with earthquake, or flying types on the earthquake switch, where they can proceed to force a switch or kill him.
Pros: like i said before he can cover a lot of Pokémon, and still retains the ability to change moves, unlike most revenge killer/ counters.
Sircubith
Sircubith

Back to top Go down

Rate my team, or my grandma will eat you! Empty Re: Rate my team, or my grandma will eat you!

Post by 123wert50 Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:59 pm

It's a decent party. You'r gonna probably want something like Palkia or something in here though. Very Happy
123wert50
123wert50

Friend Code : SS: 5028-0407-6070

Back to top Go down

Rate my team, or my grandma will eat you! Empty Re: Rate my team, or my grandma will eat you!

Post by Tyrant Tyranitar Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:29 pm

123wert50 wrote:It's a decent party. You'r gonna probably want something like Palkia or something in here though. Very Happy
This isn't an Ubers team. And please add more detail to your post.
Tyrant Tyranitar
Tyrant Tyranitar

Friend Code : No wifi :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Aster Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Although this is a great attempt, I think you need to work a bit on your sets as well as your team planning in general. It seems like although you have put a lot of thought into this it really isn't reflected into the team itself.

For Crobat, you will want to run a more efficient set and EV spread.

Here is what I recommend:
Crobat@Leftovers
Jolly Nature
104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Brave Bird
~ Taunt
~ Roost
~ U-turn

This set not only works as an effective anti-lead, but with Brave Bird it can hit off a lot of damage on most of the common leads, or at least stop them from setting up with Taunt. Once it serves its purpose, it can U-Turn out with no problem. It is a great anti-lead and often an unpredictable one, but should be used with care.

Now onto Swampert. You'll want to run this set:

Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Roar

This set takes advantage of Swampert's bulkiness to the fullest. It sets up Stealth Rocks, then can Roar out pokemon that come in to set up on it, such as CroCune. With Ice Beam and Earthquake, it is guaranteed to hit basically every Pokemon in the game. It may not be doing exceptional damage, but it wasn't meant to be an attacking monster anyway.

That brings us to Scizor. Scizor can not take hits all that well, and so using a Salac Berry set is a bad idea. What makes Scizor what it is would be its Choice Band set, so I recommend that as it is, in my opinion, the most effective scout in the game.

Scizor@Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
~ U-turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Pursuit

The reason this set is so potent is the fact that Bullet Punch is given an exceptional power boost when coupled with Technician. This makes Scizor an excellent revenge killer. On top of that, a STAB Scizor's U-Turn with a Choice Band is the most powerful scouting move in the game, and the most useful as it is guaranteed to hit every pokemon and since it is slower it will always be able to see what the opponent will do first. Pusuit allows it to trap in Ghosts and Psychic types, and Superpower is great for countering opposing Scizors and other Steel Types.

I know you have said in the description for Manectric that Overheat is what won him over for you as compared to Jolteon, but in reality Overheat gives no extra necessary coverage. Jolteon outclasses Manectric in every possible way. Not running Jolteon kills this team in reality, although you may disagree. Running Jolteon's Choice Specs set will make this team better.

Jolteon@Choice Specs
Timid Nature
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Baton Pass
~ Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Ice

Jolteon's Thunderbolt is the strongest one in the game, and coupled with Shadow Ball and your choice of Hidden Power, it has great coverage, and surpasses Manectric in every way.

I'm going to continue this rate later because it's a lot and I want to give you some food for thought right now before continuing. Hope this helps!

Aster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSavagebear Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:22 pm

great team itn looks legit no hax items o and more detail will help too
TheSavagebear
TheSavagebear

Back to top Go down

Post by bigboi23 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:26 pm

use roost over cross poison and use leftovers on crobat like wtf why aren't you using roost -.-

use fire punch over thunderpunch on dragonite for skarmory

use stone edge on infernape you get to hit gyarados and zapdos

bigboi23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down