Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you look like a jackyl dance like a pterodactyl Shoddy OU team

4 posters

Go down

If you look like a jackyl dance like a pterodactyl Shoddy OU team Empty If you look like a jackyl dance like a pterodactyl Shoddy OU team

Post by Tyrant Tyranitar Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:41 pm

My OU team, which is probably one of my best teams, as I've encountered rare losses. Added Pokemon will not have a description, so please note.

At a glance-
Ambipom, Breloom, Gyarados, Heatran, Flygon, Zapdos

Ambipom-My monkey awsomeness lead and due to his high speed equiped with Life Orb he can be dangerous, and with Payback not usually used, I take advantage of that and since the opponent will usually suspect I don't carry it, he'll send in Gengar, which is K.O.'d
Ambipom@Jolly with Technician and Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Speed
Moves:
~ Fake Out
~ Payback
~ Low Kick
~ U-turn

Breloom-The usual move set, I find him highly useful as he usually ends up taking a few Pokemon before he goes down.
Breloom@Adamant with Poison Absorb and Toxic Orb
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Moves:
~ Spore
~ Focus Punch
~ Seed Bomb
~Substitute

Gyarados-I love the bulky version of Gyarados, as he not only can build up with DD, but Tauntlols@ other setups
Gyarados@Adamant with Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Moves:
~ Dragon Dance
~ Taunt
~ Waterfall
~ Bounce

Heatran-Good offensive capability combined with Choice Scarf is a good combination add in Heatran's defensive capabilities too and you've got a heck of a Pokemon on your hands.
Heatran@ Naive with Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves:
~Flamethrower
~ Earth Power
~ Explosion
~ Dragon Pulse

Flygon-I believe in having atleast one Dragon Pokemon per team and he claims his rightful spot here, with good resistance to Stealth Rock and can come in and do some suprise kills.
Flygon@Adamant with Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage
~ U-turn
~ Fire Blast

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
252HP 4Atk 252Spd

Taunt/Stealth Rock
Roost
U-Turn/Toxic
Earthquake

Last edited by Tyrant Tyranitar on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tyrant Tyranitar
Tyrant Tyranitar

Friend Code : No wifi :(

Back to top Go down

If you look like a jackyl dance like a pterodactyl Shoddy OU team Empty Re: If you look like a jackyl dance like a pterodactyl Shoddy OU team

Post by Hyperbeem Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:42 pm

First of all, thank you for following the rules!
My first concern is that Flygon needs to be Jolly so it can outspeed choiced +speed base 95s. It is not a hard hitter anyways.

Replacement for Zapdos:
I would use Gliscor, it has a very useful position on your team, and can function similiarly to Zapdos except it will be defensive. entry hazards should also help out your team. Heatran and Gyarados can generally take the Ice type attacks aimed at Gliscor.
Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
252HP 4Atk 252Spd

Taunt/Stealth Rock
Roost
U-Turn/Toxic
Earthquake

With this set using Toxic will allow Gliscor to whittle down other pokemon. With U-Turn however, it makes an excellent scouting combination with Flygon. You keep switching back and forth and absorb Ice attacks with Heatran until you have an opening for Gyarados or Breloom to sweep. I advise SR but Taunt is great for shutting down Skarmory, you have a Heatran to deal with this though. The Jolly nature makes Gloscor quite quick helping it scout with Flygon.
Hyperbeem
Hyperbeem

Friend Code : Shoddy only *sigh*

Back to top Go down

If you look like a jackyl dance like a pterodactyl Shoddy OU team Empty Re: If you look like a jackyl dance like a pterodactyl Shoddy OU team

Post by Boota212 Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 pm

I'd go for Pursuit over Payback. Pursuit will always 2HKO your standard Gengar, plus, with Pursuit, you have trapping capabilities that Payback lacks. Besides that, this is quite the solid team. Good luck!!
Boota212
Boota212

Friend Code : 0217-5260-7916

Back to top Go down

Post by Kale12321 Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Boota212 wrote:I'd go for Pursuit over Payback. Pursuit will always 2HKO your standard Gengar, plus, with Pursuit, you have trapping capabilities that Payback lacks. Besides that, this is quite the solid team. Good luck!!
Pursuit is amazing. I sugest Leech Seed over Seed Bomb, but that is just me. Also HP(ice) ovre D Pulse, unless u want S Pulse's Nutral Coverage. You can outspeed non-scarfed Flygons and OHKO
Kale12321
Kale12321

Friend Code : 4555-2660-0049

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down