Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate My OU Team

3 posters

Go down

Rate My OU Team Empty Rate My OU Team

Post by Blaze Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:55 pm

This OU team a set-up team and uses a little bit of Baton Passing. Anyway, rate the team and hopefully you can suggest me some Pokemon. Also, this is the 100th RMT topic. Razz

Team:Rate My OU Team 260Rate My OU Team 212Rate My OU Team 395Rate My OU Team 197Rate My OU Team 149Rate My OU Team 143

Rate My OU Team 260
Lead@ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Defense
Relaxed nature
~Stealth Rocks
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam
~Roar

Standard Swampert, which is very good in my opinion. For one, Smeargle leads will also predict the same and most likely Spore the first turn, which I would then switch to Umbreon. Anyway, it's a good lead and can take a ton of Physical damage.

Rate My OU Team 212
Revenger@ Choice Band
Technician ability
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Speed
Adamant nature
~U-turn
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~Quick Attack

Scizor is a really good revenge killer and is pretty effective against some set-uppers like Dragonite and Gyarados who rely on Dragon Dance's speed boost to get faster, which is why I use Quick Attack for Gyarados. Also, Scizor's a pretty good scout.

Rate My OU Team 395
Mix Sweeper@ Life Orb
252 Attack / 64 Sp. Atk / 192 Speed
Hasty nature
~Close Combat
~Stone Edge
~Grass Knot
~Overheat

Overall, Infernape is one of the best mix sweepers in this Generation. Not only that, but Infernape can run so many sets that it's practically unpredictable. I usually send Infernape out near the end of the battle when I know it can run a sweep, but this is the set. Close Combat destroys many Pokemon that are weak to it, Stone Edge can beat Gyarados after getting hit by one of my moves, including Close Combat. Grass Knot takes care of Swampert who would wall this set. Overheat is a great STAB move and can take out most Rotom forms after Stealth Rock damage. Overall, this set is nice.

Rate My OU Team 197
Baton Passer@ Leftovers
252 HP / 164 Speed / 92 Sp. Def
Calm nature
~Yawn
~Mean Look
~Protect
~Baton Pass

This set helps me let Dragonite and Snorlax set up. I first use Mean Look to trap the Pokemon and then I use Yawn + Protect combo (unless I can survive some attacks like Forretress's Gyro Ball). After that, I Baton Pass to either Dragonite (usually near the beginning of the game) or Snorlax (mostly near the end). After that, Umbreon's job is usually finished.

Rate My OU Team 149
The Sweeper@ Leftovers
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant nature
~Dragon Dance
~Outrage
~Fire Punch
~Earthquake

I usually send this in near the beginning with or without Umbreon's support. It's easier with Umbreon's help, but sometimes you're in some situations in which you can't require its help. Anyway, the set's simple: Dragon Dance and then sweep. With Umbreon's help, I usually can do it 1-5 times, but I like to stop at the third if possible since I'm more for the saying 'better-safe-than-sorry'. Fire Punch with a +3 can usually destroy Skarmory since it does 82% - 97%, so it's only a matter of worrying about an Ice Shard coming from Mamoswine or Weavile (which are both destroyed by Scizor).

Rate My OU Team 143
The Tank@ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Defense
Immunity ability
Relaxed nature
~Stockpile
~Belly Drum
~Rest
~Body Slam

This Snorlax set goes with Umbreon's support. Stockpile 3 times to boost the Defense and Sp. Defense and Belly Drum when it has a nice amount of HP. Rest to restore the HP and start Body Slamming. With +6 Attack and +3 in Defense and Sp. Defense, this Pokemon rarely goes down unless the opponent gets lucky with hax like a critical, confusion keeps making me die, and/or Jirachi likes Iron Heading me. Also, hopefully the Ghost-types have been eliminated. Otherwise, I would lose unless it was the last Pokemon left.

---

Anyway, this team is pretty good once I turn the tide to my favor. I know I have quite a bit problem in terms of Special Attack and Skarmory's absorbing some of the Physical hits. Anyway, if you have a comment or suggestion, I'll consider it.
Blaze
Blaze

Friend Code : 2665 2610 8159

Back to top Go down

Rate My OU Team Empty Re: Rate My OU Team

Post by Pokemonrulez Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:32 pm

I think your team is great!
Keep it up! Very Happy
Pokemonrulez
Pokemonrulez

Friend Code : 1978-5566-4462

Back to top Go down

Post by Shreyas Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:52 pm

That Snorlax wont do anything to a Ghost type. I have no Idea why you even have Belly Drum paired with Stockpile. Especially with rest, that snorlax is going to go down QUICKLY. I suggest changing that snorlax to a Curse set since it already has high special defenses. Curse will give you both the defense gain and attack gain you need. Keep Rest and you may want to add in Crunch as a last slot. That Snorlax will do pretty well in battle. However, you want a cleric to properly support him which brings me to Umbreon. Umbreon will barely even get off that combination. He is set up fodder for Bulky Gyarados, so you want him to have Heal Bell > Mean Look, Payback> Protect, and Curse > Baton Pass. As for Infernape, Stone Edge wont give you the coverage over anything that HP Ice Can't. HP Ice OHKOs some dragons and you may be thinking of killing Gyarados with Stone Edge, but that is HIGHLY unlikely since he can take a Stone Edge after Intimidate and you would be running away anyway. Quick Attack wont help at all especially if that is a revenge killer. There is no reason to take huge concerns for Gyarados since you got off a SR and Gyarados will have problems switching in. Even then, Quick Attack wont do much to Gyarados. What are you planning to do when that Scizor is up against a Gengar? Bullet Punch while Heatran comes in? No. You want Pursuit to out predict your opponents and take out Ghosts especially pesky Scarf Rotom-As. They love your team. What I found out is that these days many status leads are used including Machamp and Roserades. You may want Lum Berry as an option since Swampert wont be doing much later in the game other than reset up sr.

Overall: Machamps will cause huge problems to your team using Dynamic Punch. It can take down close to 1/2 your team, so you want to find a reliable counter.

Hope this helps ^_^
Shreyas
Shreyas

Friend Code : 0045-5475-0408

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:07 am

The Snorlax set actually doesn't usually go down quickly, especially when I take out the counters that would otherwise screw it up. Snorlax after three Stockpiles gets 627 Defense and 640 Sp. Defense. Also, the problem with Snorlax is that EVERYONE is expecting a Curse set, which is hardly original, but your advice is put into consideration.
---
Infernape's Close Combat after Intimidate on Offensive Gyarados: 26.6% - 31.4%
Infernape's Grass Knot after Intimidate on Offensive Gyarados: 37.5% - 44.1%
Infernape's Overheat after Intimidate on Offensive Gyarados: 32.6% - 38.4%

Infernape's Stone Edge after Intimidate on Offensive Gyarados: 58.6% - 69.5%
Infernape with Hidden Power Ice after Intimidate on Offensive Gyarados: 21.8% - 25.4%

Overall, Stone Edge does much better against Gyarados rather than Hidden Power Ice and Gyarados can't switch in without being taken out, which many players have mistakenly done so. Also, it can hit Dragonites and OHKO most of the sets w/out 252 EVs in HP after SR damage... so Hidden Power Ice wouldn't be useful there. Gyarados's are actually very common now that Salamence is gone and many players feel the need to replace it with Gyarados who practically does the same job but differently. They aren't really afraid of Stealth Rocks. That's like saying Yanmega wasn't used a lot in UU because it was 4x weak to Rock, which leads to a problem I've been having: a lack of a Ghost-type, which will most likely help my Machamp problem that you raised (which is very true, in fact).
---
I don't really like situations where it's Scizor vs. Gengar and if you predict wrong, either Pokemon is going to faint. Pursuit also seemed like a waste of space for me since I couldn't predict correctly with it except against Choiced users. So if you have a recommendation on a Ghost-type, I'll most likely switch it with Scizor.
---
Swampert is a valuable asset to the team. I'm not going to be dumb and leave it against a Roserade without switching. =P Although, Machamp leads can cause problems, but if I manage to switch Scizor for a Ghost-type, it should null the problem.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion, Shreyas! Remember, if you have a suggestion for a Ghost-type, please tell me! :0
Blaze
Blaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokemonrulez Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:15 am

I would Suggest Gastly then evolve it into Haunter, Then evolve it into Gengar!
My favourite move-set on Gengar is Dark pulse,Crunch,Shadow ball and Mean look.
Pokemonrulez
Pokemonrulez

Friend Code : 1978-5566-4462

Back to top Go down

Post by Shreyas Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:36 am

Looking at your team, your team lacks a reliable physical tank, so if you want a ghost type I highly suggest a Dusknoir who can take many hits and Pain Split with itÅ› low HP. Dusknoir can switch in on Machamps pretty well. Even though Machamp has Payback, chances are Dusknoir is going to be slower and can take that hit well and easily Burn it in 2 turns (assuming a lum berry). Dusknoir can also slowly pain split up followed with a shodow sneak to take it out. Dusknoir will be a reliable teammate to work with Snorlax and Umbreon.

As for Infernape vs. Gyarados, with SR Gyarados is doomed, but without SR, even with max damage, Bulky Gyara can live, set up I dragon Dance and take it out with Waterfall.

As for Snorlax, chances are that he wont even get the chance to set up all that. Good Competitive battlers will see past that with ease. The +6 atk and +3 Def and +3 SpD would be useless when a Skarmory comes in and whirlwinds it away. And when you add Curse you can add in Fire Punch aswell and it can do some reliable damage aswell as add to more coverage. The only pokemon that can probably take both hits would be Heatran.
Shreyas
Shreyas

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks for your suggestion with Dusknoir, your reasoning with a Curselax, and the fact about Gyarados, Shreyas. I'll make those changes as soon as I can. Smile
Blaze
Blaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Shreyas Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:37 am

no problem ^_^ I am glad to help.
Shreyas
Shreyas

Back to top Go down