Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another OU team (Feel free to use!)

3 posters

Go down

Another OU team (Feel free to use!) Empty Another OU team (Feel free to use!)

Post by Porou Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 pm

I read on this thread about a Smeargle lead that inspired me to build this team. It looked fun to try out, so I took it as an opporitunity to build this. Take a look for yourself:

Another OU team (Feel free to use!) 235
Jolly Smeargle @ Focus Sash - Own Tempo - Lead
EV's: 96 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset:
~Lunar Dance
~Spore
~Seismic Toss
~Destiny Bond

This lead allows you get a free Spore on the opponent, set up Stealth Rock, then you can switch to anything you want. Seismic toss allows it to come in and finish any pokemon with 100 or less hp. Lunar Dance allows you to heal a pokemon you may need to win and Destiny Dond can be used if it's your only hope of beating something. So far the only weaknesses are lum berry leads, which if I ever run into will just Destiny Bond them.

Another OU team (Feel free to use!) 245
Relaxed Crown Suicune @ Leftovers - Pressure - Physical Tank
EV's: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Moveset:
~Aqua Ring
~Calm Mind
~Surf
~Ice Beam

What a special Suicune! Alright, since Suicune has equal defensive stats, I maxed out the EV's in Special Defense purely for the element of surprise. This Suicune only comes with Relaxed nature. Had to be a defensive wall. Crown Suicune comes with Aqua Ring, and in conjunction with Leftovers, provides Suicune with some sort of way of replenishing HP over time. Calm Mind bulks up Suicune's defenses so it can take more hits, and Surf and Ice Beam are its attacking moves.

Another OU team (Feel free to use!) 242
Bold Blissey @ Leftovers - Natural Cure - Special Tank
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Moveset:
~ Aromatherapy
~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss
~ Thunder Wave

Blissey. 'Nuff said.

Another OU team (Feel free to use!) 461
Jolly Weavile @ Life Orb - Pressure - Physical Sweeper
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moveset:
~Ice Shard
~Pursuit
~Night Slash
~Low Kick

At first glance, this Weavile seems to be a generic physical attacker, but he functions as insurance against many of the metagame's top threats. This is mostly thanks to Weavile's STAB Pursuit, which allows him to outspeed and KO threats like Gengar. Starmie is also OHKOed by Pursuit on the switch, letting your Gyarados or Infernape sweep with their check eliminated. Weavile's STAB Ice-type attacks allow him to easily OHKO any Dragon-type Pokemon in OU bar Kingdra. Ice Shard is used on this set as it handles both Choice Scarf Flygon and Dragon Dance Dragonite regardless of their Speed. Low Kick OHKOes Tyranitar, whom Weavile can outspeed even after a Dragon Dance, and hits Steel- and Normal-types for super effective damage as well.Night Slash can be used for stronger Dark STAB if the opponent doesn't feel like running away.

Another OU team (Feel free to use!) 145
Timid Zapdos @ Wise Specs - Synchronize- Special Sweeper
EV's: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset:
~Thunderbolt
~Hidden Power [Ice]
~Heat Wave
~Roost

Offensive Zapdos can be quite a threat to teams that expect a weaker, more defensive Zapdos. The given attacks provide surprisingly good coverage in OU, and with Zapdos' massive Special Attack, can heavily damage many common Pokemon. With Hidden Power Ice as your last move, no Pokemon outside of Lanturn resists the entirety of this set. Zapdos is a very durable Pokemon, even with no EV investment in its defenses, and with Roost, it can still be very difficult to take down. I use Wise Specs on this set because I hate being locked on to one move, and that doesn't work well when I need to use Roost on this set.

Another OU team (Feel free to use!) 344
Bold Claydol @ Leftovers - Levitate - Utility
EV's: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpA
Moveset:
~Rapid Spin
~Stealth Rock
~Earth Power
~Toxic

I've really grown fond of this little poke. Rapid Spin support + Stealth Rock + Toxic = all that needs saying.

So give me your honest opinion, I can take it!

Last edited by porou on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:37 am; edited 12 times in total
Porou
Porou

Friend Code : 1634 7901 9880

Back to top Go down

Another OU team (Feel free to use!) Empty Re: Another OU team (Feel free to use!)

Post by Jamsie Daly Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:34 am

Firstly you're biggest flaw is salamance. He's uber!! My advice would be to switch it with Dragonite it has all the same moves plus extra Sp.Atk.
I'm just looking at you're variety and a Gengar, Alakazam duo could sweep you're whole team (maybe with suicune) I hope this helps Smile)
Jamsie Daly
Jamsie Daly

Friend Code : 2579 5845 4188

Back to top Go down

Another OU team (Feel free to use!) Empty Re: Another OU team (Feel free to use!)

Post by Porou Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Jamsie Daly wrote:Firstly you're biggest flaw is salamance. He's uber!! My advice would be to switch it with Dragonite it has all the same moves plus extra Sp.Atk.
I'm just looking at you're variety and a Gengar, Alakazam duo could sweep you're whole team (maybe with suicune) I hope this helps Smile)

Thanks for the advice, didn't know that Salamence got moved up, so I was thinking about replacing Infernape and Salamence with Weavile and Alakazam. Would you advise the change?
Porou
Porou

Friend Code : 1634 7901 9880

Back to top Go down

Post by Eureka7 Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:05 pm

i like yur team very creative and the event poke adds a little orginality very good!!!
Eureka7
Eureka7

Friend Code : 3438-8683-5594

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down