Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto

+5
Jayorw
Ichimarunico
XUndeadA55asinX
snuffleoffagus
TheSquirtleDude
9 posters

:: Gaming :: Xbox

Go down

Which Rockstar Game is Better

Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto Vote_lcap38%Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto Vote_lcap50%Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto Vote_lcap12%Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto Empty Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto

Post by TheSquirtleDude Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:44 pm

I recently got Red Dead Redemtion and allready own GTA ,I personally think Red Dead Redemtion is better because of the Online mode were you can attack CPU controlled areas and some improved mechanics.

But some of my friends say that they prefer the more modern feel of GTA (Grand Theft Auto) this got me curious and I was wondering which game you liked better, please say why you like the game aswell.

Also this is posted in X-box because I own an xbox and putting 2 different topics in Xbox and PS3 would be spam

Last edited by TheSquirtleDude on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
TheSquirtleDude
TheSquirtleDude

Friend Code : 0088 5452 4865

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto Empty Re: Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto

Post by snuffleoffagus Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:00 am

Although these are valid games for comparison, I still find it hard to do so. GTA 4, at least in my opinion, encouraged more free roaming and exploration, and was an all around less serious game. In GTA 4, I got the more satisfaction out of hijacking a helicopter, going for a joy ride as police helicopters pursued me, and then committing a dramatic and romanticized suicide rather than completing story missions. The multiplayer aspect of GTA 4 was fun for me, but nothing great. When I really wanted to have fun, I would do something crazy that often ended up offering hilarious results.
In Red Dead Redemption, I didn't really have fun playing with the open world, but rather completing the story and a few side missions along the way. The multiplayer modes of Red Dead Redemption, specifically free roam, were far superior to those of GTA 4, and most people will tell you so. I've enjoyed hunting, completing challenges, and taking out a gang hideout or two with friends in free roam mode.
That being said, despite a few generic similarities Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto are two COMPLETELY different games, and as such it is hard for me to compare them accurately, so here is what I can tell you for sure:
GTA 4 has an AMAZING story line, as well as a nice multiplayer, but in terms of story and multiplayer, I consider Red Dead Redemption the superior.
In terms of free roaming and casual fun, GTA 4 is undoubtedly the superior in my book. There are so many things you can do in GTA 4 that are unrelated to any objective that just can't be done in Red Dead. Get on top of a building and make a stand as the police surround you, engage in a high speed chase, flee authorities in an armored helicopter, or simply do tricks on your motorcycle, the possibilities are endless.
snuffleoffagus
snuffleoffagus

Friend Code : Main (HG)-3481 5174 5889

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto Empty Re: Red Dead Redemtoion VS Grand Theft Auto

Post by XUndeadA55asinX Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:59 am

I've only played GTA, but I still like it a lot!
XUndeadA55asinX
XUndeadA55asinX

Friend Code : HG: 3309-6741-8910

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:14 am

Played a little bit of Red Dead and it's surprisingly not fail. A western automatically shouted "Stupid, cliche and unfun!" to me, but after playing it, it was only two of those things. And it was quite fun. I guess that's all RockStar has going for it, though, cliche shooters that somehow keep your attention anywya ^_^
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Friend Code : 0732 7475 5767

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayorw Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:53 pm

This may be a biased opinion because I've played GTA far more than RDR, but from my experience, GTA better game. Although it isn't a newer game, I still think it's amazing single player still stands very strong. They are both awesome sandlot games, but in GTA, Liberty City just feels like a REAL city. So by a fair margin, I will go with GTA. But don't get me wrong, I think RDR is a great game.

PS: I'm talking about the PS3 Version of GTA IV
Jayorw
Jayorw

Friend Code : SS- 3524 5146 5032

Back to top Go down

Post by SkateboardingMunchlax Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:43 am

Well, GTA is much better than the new game. The reason is because GTA feels like a modern game to me.
SkateboardingMunchlax
SkateboardingMunchlax

Friend Code : Don't have Wifi anymore...sorry guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichimarunico Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:08 am

SkateboardingMunchlax wrote:Well, GTA is much better than the new game. The reason is because GTA feels like a modern game to me.
That just means RDD hit exactly the mark they were aiming for, doesn't it?
Ichimarunico
Ichimarunico

Friend Code : 0732 7475 5767

Back to top Go down

Post by mennell17 Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 pm

I think that both games are very good, i have played and completed the story on each of them. Red dead does offer some alot of re-playability and the challenges kept me occupied for ages and the challenges in the online free roam are good. The mini games are pretty cool as well, such as liar's dice.

In my opinion Red dead just beats GTA.
I bet that the next GTA game will be better than anything rockstar have done yet though.
mennell17
mennell17

Friend Code : 0603 8778 2850

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasim Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:33 am

Red Dead Redemption you can SKIN YOUR OWN HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine's short but to the point..:p
Wasim
Wasim

Friend Code : Pearl: 4941 1959 2034 SS:5070 7783 1916

Back to top Go down

Post by Registeel Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:36 am

You can skin your own horse? That's sick! Me like Wink

I only own GTA4 on my PS3 but I found it very unsatisfying compared to the other GTA games on the PS2. I don't know why, but I found it boring..

Been wanting to get Red Dead Redemption, but it's too pricey for me right now. Already went on a gaming splurge Razz

I'll get it for my birthday for sure.
Registeel
Registeel

Friend Code : Your no friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down